Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Dual' Account

Options
  • 12-12-2009 4:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭

I was permanently banned from rugby for having a 'dual' account. I introduced my flatmate to the rugby forum as he is also rugby mad and he began posting a week ago. If you read his posts (Ulster1999) he actually has a different opinion to mine and a lot of the points he made are in direct contrast to mine. I only asked him today was he banned and he said that he couldn't post anymore for some reason he didn't understand.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

He can appeal his case in the Prison forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭RugbyFanatic

Don't think he wants to tbh

Pointless thread then :)

Closing it now.

Its not a pointless thread as I am still permanently banned from rugby...

That's probably because you set up that dual account to get around your ban (yes, I don't believe it just happened to be your friend).

• Advertisement

And yet has a differing opinion to me? How does that work?

It's a well known fact that all women on the internet are actually guys. Perhaps not, but the point is valid nonetheless: anyone can be anything they want online/express any viewpoint.

BuffyBot wrote: »
    It's a well known fact that all women on the internet are actually guys. Perhaps not, but the point is valid nonetheless: anyone can be anything they want online/express any viewpoint.

I am still not hearing any valid reasons. I introduced a flat mate to boards. He posted opinions which were in direct contrast to mine. He writes in a different way to me. Yet you, for no reason, decide he is me because we share the same IP.

We have sufficient reason to believe different: and that's what counts.

Your previous history in that forum wouldn't really lend weight to your cause.

And what are these sufficient reasons?

• Advertisement

Your previous history on Rugby, the fact that your "friend" just happened to register and post on that forum during one of your bans etc..

I've been banned more often than been free to post in that forum for the last year so thats really no suprise. To be honest this screams of using any excuse to ensure I don't post there. My flatmate stated opinions in direct contrast to what I would post and anyone that reads my posts knows this. He also had a different writing style to mine. Essentially your reasons are that because I have a history of being banned and was banned that he is me? So tell me how that means I have a dual account? Is every user who has ever been banned secretly harbouring a dual account too then?

Quite a few have, yes.

Anyway - we could debate this ad nauseum. If you're "friend" has an issue with being banned, there is only one person to blame here - you. Your previous behaviour cast a long shadow and I've no reason to doubt the judgement made.

As such, I am closing this issue now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement