Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 1661 meteor problems

• 12-12-2009 4:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭

Hey guys,
    Hoping you can help me out here! I've just bought the Nokia 1661 sim free from Harvey Norman. I can make and recieve calls and also recieve texts but I can't send texts. I've rang Meteor customer care and done all the troubleshooting but to no avail. My problems been forwarded to technical support and I've to ring back on Tuesday.
    The message sending profile is all correct etc.
    Just wondering if anyone bought this phone and had similar problems and got it sorted or if anyone has any idea on how to fix it?

Cheers!

Oh and btw, when I try send messages it says "Message Sending Failed", if that makes any difference!?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Stephen!

Sorry, my bad typo. I'll edit the first post.

I can send and recieve calls and can recieve texts but can't send texts!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Check the message centre number. Its should be +353857000000

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Stephen!

Yeah I've tried that, done all the usual troubleshooting methods and went through then again with meteor customer service.

Could it be that I've an old sim card? I've had it since meteor started up so is it possible that it's on it's last legs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Stephen! wrote: »

Could it be that I've an old sim card? I've had it since meteor started up so is it possible that it's on it's last legs!

Its possible ye, go instore and get a free replacement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

Some of those cheap Nokia phones only let you save so many sent items, try emptying that folder. Id be leaning toward the sim card though aswell. Is it greyish in colour?

Advertisement