Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aus/NZ forum becoming abusive.

Options
  • 12-12-2009 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭

Sorry for posting it here Watna but I see very little being done.

I am starting to see a lot of abuse and racism accusations being thrown at the Australians on the Aus/NZ forum of late.

I understand that with many more people emigrating to there then opinions of the country will vary quite wildly depending on individual experiences and with a larger volume of people then there will be a higher volume of negative experiences.
    However lately its moved from mostly Aus/NZ informational and general experience sharing to a good few Ireland vs Australia abusive arguments.
    Now personally I have been guiltly of being overly defensive on some matters, something that I have agreed wont happen again.

However I was under the impression that there would have been something added to the forum to remind people that many Nationalities post there and that it is "Australia/New Zealand" and not "Irish People in Australia or New Zealand".
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

You need to PM the mods of that forum.
    If you are not satisfied by the result then PM the Category Mods.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Partly done already D but understood.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

As D said.

No good can come of this thread, so I am closing it for now.

If everyone agrees there is a need to re-open it, by all means PM me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement