Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3 repair?

• 12-12-2009 4:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where I can get a playstation 3 repaired and is it expensive to get repaired?

When games are inserted it makes a whirring noise for a few seconds but doesn't load iykwim.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 711 ✭✭✭snuggles09

ours was having the same problem and my partner tried to take the whole thing apart and get it working but he couldnt figure out what was causing it so he gota chap called Liam to fix it..he's out on Hennessys Road somewhere but I don't know where exactly it is
    This is the website if it's any good to you :)http://www.theirishpcdoctor.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

if its still under warranty bring it back to where you bought it from and they should replace it free of charge with a refurbished console,,my brother is on his third ps3 now from the warranty and the previous 2 had the same symptoms as you described,,have a look on the ps3 fourm aswell,,its under games and consoles at the top of the page,,there a good bit of info about the ps3 faults and fixes there:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

get a new disc drive and put it in. Simple to do . Only takes a minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

We have the ps3 just under a year but as my son won it we don't have any receipt or warranty.

I had a look at the section on consoles but it's all to technical for me :o

seany where would I get a new disc drive?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 paulie1969

deisemum wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can get a playstation 3 repaired and is it expensive to get repaired?

When games are inserted it makes a whirring noise for a few seconds but doesn't load iykwim.

Got playstation 3 fixed with this chap.Very good no problems would recommend.He fixes all consoles and pcs and is based in Waterford.

consolemodrepair@gmail.com

Phone:<snip- no mobiles please!>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

have you tried ringing sony support ireland and try to explain to them deise and see if they can help you before the 12 months warrenty runs out and the poor ps3 gets butchered by seany lol,,,SONY PS3 Laser Lens Replacement KES-400A for KEM-400AAA
    thats the part involved thats need replacing,,and i have to add aswell theres a few different styles of lazer lens replacement so you would have to open the ps3 and check part numbers of yours against the one your ordering so there a match,,,a load of xillob i know but thats sony for ya

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 711 ✭✭✭snuggles09

deisemum wrote: »
    We have the ps3 just under a year but as my son won it we don't have any receipt or warranty.

I had a look at the section on consoles but it's all to technical for me :o

seany where would I get a new disc drive?

you could call down to Smyths as well and talk to the tech lads..they are normally very good for anything like that and could point you in right direction..when we need to get any bits for PCs or anything we try ebay first..always much cheaper then here

I got the disc drive from ebay. Only takes a few minutes to fix and is really easy to do.

seanybiker wrote: »
    I got the disc drive from ebay. Only takes a few minutes to fix and is really easy to do.

I wouldn't even know what one looks like :o

I phoned Smyths and as I don't have a receipt it will cost €160 to have it repaired or replaced with a reconditioned one.

• Advertisement

bloody hell. Buy disc drive off ebay ill put it in for nothing if you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 daithibaru

Put your finger on the standby button to turn it on, but hold finger on it till it turns off again.

Then hold your finger on the standby button again, while it turns on, wait to hear a double beep and remove your finger

The screen will ask you to connect a controller via usb

Then it will give you a list of 6 options to do, choose the 3rd one 'File System restore' or something. Dont pick option 4 as that will erase the hard drive

It'll probably say the hard disk is corrupt and repair it. When it restarts try a disc then

This solved that problem for me a few times

Advertisement