Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs Xmas Party in Copper Face Jacks

Options
  • 12-12-2009 5:10pm
    Moderators Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭

I was in CFJ's on Tuesday night and so were the Spurs team. They were in a special area, surrounded by security staff. Got talking to Crouchy, Dawson and Corluka. Tried talking to Keane but he's a moody fecker. Jenas is a knob. Spent the whole night in his tank top dancing on a platform and looking like a dick. No sign of Harry. I'm still at a loss to know why the hell they would go to Coppers as part of their Xmas party.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

They's probably heard thats where all the hot nurses go. I heard that too once, but was sorely dissapointed when i actually got there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

LFCFan wrote: »
    I was in CFJ's on Tuesday night and so were the Spurs team. They were in a special area, surrounded by security staff. Got talking to Crouchy, Dawson and Corluka. Tried talking to Keane but he's a moody fecker. Jenas is a knob. Spent the whole night in his tank top dancing on a platform and looking like a dick. No sign of Harry. I'm still at a loss to know why the hell they would go to Coppers as part of their Xmas party.

Garbage, read it on another forum last week, you could of at least changed the story a bit :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Garbage, read it on another forum last week, you could of at least changed the story a bit :rolleyes:

is their no truth in it hatch?

keane=cock wrote: »
    is their no truth in it hatch?

I'd like to think there is no truth in it, I stand corrected. I still wont put up with this guy coming on calling spurs players dicks and knobs, I wouldn't do it on a Liverpool forum and I dont expect it from a non spurs fan on our forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Seillejet

• Advertisement

Seillejet wrote: »

Yep, I saw him on SSN saying the same yest.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭RingoSpur

Lads this is true. They were in an area of Coppers called the piano bar. They were also in Gibneys pub out in Malahide before that. My girlfriends mates met them in Coppers on the night so what LFC fan said was spot on. They also said that Jenas was quite rude. They said it was Woodgate, Keane, Gomes, Huddlestone, Ben Alnwick, Jenas, Keane, Crouch, Corluka and some younger lads they didn't know.

RingoSpur wrote: »
    Lads this is true. They were in an area of Coppers called the piano bar. They were also in Gibneys pub out in Malahide before that. My girlfriends mates met them in Coppers on the night so what LFC fan said was spot on. They also said that Jenas was quite rude. They said it was Woodgate, Keane, Gomes, Huddlestone, Ben Alnwick, Jenas, Keane, Crouch, Corluka and some younger lads they didn't know.

I have already PM'd LFC telling him I will hold my hands up if its true.

Absolute disgrace if it is.

Trust me Hatch its 100% true they were there. And your right, it is a bit of a joke. Especially after Harry's reaction to the Ledley King incident in May. I think he was going on about a ban on booze for all players during the season. I also know for a fact that a taxi driver drove Woodgate, Jenas and Crouch to the airport at 6 the next morning. Maybe they were tryin to get back to London without Harry being none the wiser.

Trust me Hatch its 100% true they were there. And your right, it is a bit of a joke. Especially after Harry's reaction to the Ledley King incident in May. I think he was going on about a ban on booze for all players during the season. I also know for a fact that a taxi driver drove Woodgate, Jenas and Crouch to the airport at 6 the next morning. Maybe they were tryin to get back to London without Harry being none the wiser.

I have refused to believe it all week, now your starting to convince me :p

If so, it makes a mockery of our club.

Im quickly turning on our management crew.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

after todays result...who knows???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

Yep, according to The Evening Herald they were in CFJs during the week.
    Not too sure why they went to that dump... :eek:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Their itinerary was something like this apparently:
    Cruzzos (malahide)
    Gibneys (malahide)
    Copper face Jacks.

Most PL footballers are up themselves tossers, no reason to beleive most of our boys would be any different.

Glad I didn't bump into them to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭binga

yep it's true. i was there tuesday night. my friend was in dancing with them. some lad was wearing a spurs jersey and they called him in too and they signed it. defoe walked into a pole outside at the end of the night. fairly random

Their itinerary was something like this apparently:
    Cruzzos (malahide)
    Gibneys (malahide)
    Copper face Jacks.

Most PL footballers are up themselves tossers, no reason to beleive most of our boys would be any different.

Glad I didn't bump into them to be honest.

Agree with you Shane, as mad as I am about Spurs. I don't really want to meet any of the players and never have wanted to. I reckon I'd only be disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

binga wrote: »
    defoe walked into a pole outside at the end of the night. fairly random
    lol

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭whitey21

Agree with you Shane, as mad as I am about Spurs. I don't really want to meet any of the players and never have wanted to. I reckon I'd only be disappointed.

I met Michael Dawson before...such a sound guy!!! He wont have you dissappointed!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

this story is true people. they were on the piss 4 days before a big game. just shows what a joke the whole club is. im disgusted with this . 35000 people paid their hard earned money to see them being beaten by wolves . they were probably still hung over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

wouldnt lose any sleep over it. gang of young lads out on the raz before Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭StillRickyVilla

yiddo wrote: »
    wouldnt lose any sleep over it. gang of young lads out on the raz before Christmas.
    You have got to be kidding! Those 'young lads' are paid up to £100k a WEEK to be professional athletes! And whose physical performance millions of people world-wide make an emotional and financial commitment to!

Its a disgrace - they can do all the Xmas partying they want to when they retire in a few years on their million-pound pensions!!!

If its true, Harry has either lost control of the players or he is a liar. Either way, i'm losing faith!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

You have got to be kidding! Those 'young lads' are paid up to £100k a WEEK to be professional athletes! And whose physical performance millions of people world-wide make an emotional and financial commitment to!

Its a disgrace - they can do all the Xmas partying they want to when they retire in a few years on their million-pound pensions!!!

If its true, Harry has either lost control of the players or he is a liar. Either way, i'm losing faith!

a bit of perspective needed here. they went out 4 nights before a game not the night before.

if we won yesterday no one would care bout this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

we all know how long it takes for drink to leave the body. its a disgrace that this happened. harry said it well when he said " you dont put diesel in a ferrari". thats what these guys drinking is like. to see them then yesterday huffing and puffing around the place getting beaten by wolves. im sickened

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭StillRickyVilla

I also saw a photo of Crouch and Woodgate dancing on tables in a nightclub in The Sun a few weeks ago. Didn't think to mention it back then.

One of these players has scored a total of 2 PL goals so far in 16 appearances. The other has only actually played 2 PL games so far!

My idea of earning £50k a WEEK, and doing a job we would all have dreamed of as a kid, is to come in early for training and practice my shooting (Crouch) and to spend extra time with the physio so i can actually play (Woodgate).

NOT be seen out in nightclubs and pictured out and about with your model girlfriends.

I hope i'm wrong, but Harry maybe losing them. The comments on here the last few weeks has been the players havent been fully focussed. The evidence (Villa, Everton, Man U and now Wolves) backs that up. Like i said, i hope i'm wrong.

The Man City game is huge. If they beat us at WHL physcologically i think we'll be finished. They'll hold all the aces, all the form and all the money to make sure they cement 4th.

Very suprised that 1 or 2 of our more experienced ;) forumers find this ok. It disgusts me. Maybe im being selfish or naive, but i think its a fcukin joke.

Look at our history over the last 24 months. Fellas falling out of clubs, trying to punch bouncers, pictured banjoed in nightclubs. And here is our manager, HR, coming on TV saying how he is banning alcohol, the players shouldn't be drinking etc....... and we wonder why we are light years behind Utd and Arsenal.

As i have said, I love THFC, but the people running our team are not good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Seillejet

Im not too surprised. Too much of a boys club feel to the club at the moment especially with Ferdinand and Sherwood on the training staff.

Seillejet wrote: »
    Im not too surprised. Too much of a boys club feel to the club at the moment especially with Ferdinand and Sherwood on the training staff.

Aswell as the 2 mentioned lads have done for us in the past, i find it mind boggling that they were brought back. Hary has Jordan/Bond/Allen and these 2 to advise him. If he had enough about him, he'd need nobody but himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 dmcevoy24

john have to agree with you on the players being out on the rip comment and also the jenas comments by others.

Have to say after meetin the squad in WHL with my son a couple of months ago comments Id have on the players be be

Gomez - absolute gent and family man
    cudicini - nice guy
    bale - rude and up his own .....
    dawson - gent
    king - gent
    corluka - absolute gent
    BAE - rude and up his own .....
    Bassong - gent
    naughton - rude and up his own .....
    bentley - rude and up his own .....
    lennon - nice guy
    jenas - rude and up his own .....
    kranjcar - absolute gent
    palacios - quite but sound
    huddlestone - quite but sound
    keane - gent
    pav - gent
    defoe - gent
    crouch - dury still out on him

prob a bit pointless the above but hey its a forum

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

Seems to me that Harry was set up, the usual gutter press tactics.

When they asked him what his opinions were on players Christmas parties, they're were obviously fully aware that some members of the squad had been partying in Dublin just a few days before.

"The party came just four days before Champions League-chasing Spurs lost 1-0 at home to struggling Wolves and is a major embarrassment to Redknapp, who only last Friday insisted there would be no Christmas party for his players."

Just Four Days etc. .....FFS it was four days before they played. The night before or even two nights before then yes it would be taking the p1ss, but c'mon four days is no big deal. We're all human.

Last Friday......... this being 3 days after the party had taken place. Jounalistic set up.

If it's true that the players hoodwinked Harry, then the club should deal with it internally but I do wonder if sometimes the gutter press have some sort of agenda when it come's to Spurs. They love to build us up and then knock us down or undermine us at every opportunity.

• Advertisement

RichMc70 wrote: »
    I do wonder if sometimes the gutter press have some sort of agenda when it come's to Spurs. They love to build us up and then knock us down or undermine us at every opportunity.
    [/COLOR][/LEFT]

I think they are like that with everyone in fairness.

In this case, I think we put ourselves out there to be shot at.

Advertisement