Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs Xmas Party in Copper Face Jacks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Woodgate

dmcevoy24 wrote: »
    crouch - dury still out on him

Is that old Spurs star Gordon Dury;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 dmcevoy24

:)
    Woodgate wrote: »
    Is that old Spurs star Gordon Dury;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

redknapp has said he will deal with the problem internally. does this spell the end of keane?

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

Certainly seems that he has the raging hump about this party now.

Fuming Redknapp vows to act
    Tottenham players face 'severe' party punishment

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5780612,00.html

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Seillejet

dmcevoy24 wrote: »
    john have to agree with you on the players being out on the rip comment and also the jenas comments by others.

Have to say after meetin the squad in WHL with my son a couple of months ago comments Id have on the players be be

Gomez - absolute gent and family man
    cudicini - nice guy
    bale - rude and up his own .....
    dawson - gent
    king - gent
    corluka - absolute gent
    BAE - rude and up his own .....
    Bassong - gent
    naughton - rude and up his own .....
    bentley - rude and up his own .....
    lennon - nice guy
    jenas - rude and up his own .....
    kranjcar - absolute gent
    palacios - quite but sound
    huddlestone - quite but sound
    keane - gent
    pav - gent
    defoe - gent
    crouch - dury still out on him

prob a bit pointless the above but hey its a forum

Seems if you are a left back you are going to be a bit of a git from your post.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭LFCFan

Hey Hatch. Any chance of an apology for calling me a liar? My comments about the players weren't against Spurs players, just people in a nghtclub and the way they were acting. In hindsight it is now obvious why they were trying so hard to stay out of the way while they were there. Obviously trying their best not to be noticed or pictured. Have a few pics though :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

Arry has more pressing matters now. Tax man after him. Official Spurs statement here http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/articles/clubannouncement191209.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

he really is dodgey isnt he

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

I never understood what that was about something about making money off a transfer well i hope they can just reach a settlement or something and just leave it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

LFCFan wrote: »
    Hey Hatch. Any chance of an apology for calling me a liar? My comments about the players weren't against Spurs players, just people in a nghtclub and the way they were acting. In hindsight it is now obvious why they were trying so hard to stay out of the way while they were there. Obviously trying their best not to be noticed or pictured. Have a few pics though :-)

Sorry, cant talk at the minute, just eating the dinner , im having humble pie ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

LFCFan wrote: »
    . Obviously trying their best not to be noticed or pictured. Have a few pics though :-)

post them up lfc fan

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Sorry, cant talk at the minute, just eating the dinner , im having humble pie ;)

:)

keane=cock wrote: »
    post them up lfc fan
    Need to take them off my iPhone and see if I can brighten them up a bit. Very dark as you can imagine in a nightclub with an iPhone :(

Here's the best one I could get. You can make out Dawson, Hutton and Jenas in his tank top dancing on a table.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭ohnoigotsick

what in the name of jaysis was keane up to.

bringing them tot hat kip coppers - FFS :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭djfattony2000

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭StillRickyVilla

This story was ALL OVER the Sun on Friday in England. Completely out of order but 2 wins have softened the blow!

Maybe this will actually bring them together as a team and make them more determined to make amends?

Yep, might be the excuse Harry needs to move on Keane in January? I would take £12m! Harry might have his eyes on other players that could replace him?

12mill would be great for him. dont think hes going anywhere though

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Harry likes Keane and needs three strikers so i think he'll hold on to him

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

As if Keane would get us 12m...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

Kold wrote: »
    As if Keane would get us 12m...
    Yes, the very most he'd fetch now is £6-£7m, I'd say. He's been quite poor since he returned last February. And he'll be 30 next year.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

the rumour is that bellamy will hand in a transfer request as hughes was sacked. if thats true then i think we should go for him. he is having a great season. off load keane and replace him with pacy bellamy

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Bellamy would be an excellent signing but what are his wages at? Levy should raise 30mil and try and get Torres in when Liverpool finally goes Pete Tong :D

noticed very bad body language from torres on sat. he sulked a lot and tried to do everything on his own. he dosent seem to trust his team mates anymore. i think he will leave but it will back to spain i would say

bellamy would have high wages but i think he would take a cut easily enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭I-Bleed-White

I would just like to throw in my two cents here. I find it an ABSOLUTE DISGRACE that professional footballers, with all their money and commitments come on a sneaky lads trip to Dublin..........and go to COPPERS. What a **** hole. I have died a little inside. I thought I supported a team with some sort of class.

They should at least have went to the Wright Venue.

COYS

I find it an ABSOLUTE DISGRACE that professional footballers, with all their money and commitments come on a sneaky lads trip to Dublin..........and go to COPPERS. What a **** hole. I have died a little inside. I thought I supported a team with some sort of class.

They should at least have went to the Wright Venue.

There's not many places that are busy on a Tuesday night, I guess !

I really don't see what the big deal is, about this 'night out'. Sure the players get paid a savage amount of money but it was four days before their next match and they had no training the following day. Ok so, Redknapp was supposedly misled, which was wrong but IMO I think he's more annoyed at being set up by the gutter press.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭StillRickyVilla

RichMc70 wrote: »
    There's not many places that are busy on a Tuesday night, I guess !

I really don't see what the big deal is, about this 'night out'. Sure the players get paid a savage amount of money but it was four days before their next match and they had no training the following day. Ok so, Redknapp was supposedly misled, which was wrong but IMO I think he's more annoyed at being set up by the gutter press.
    Rich, I disagree with you. You can debate whether or not it had a physical effect on them - it certainly didn't help staying up til all hours on Tues - was it a co-incidence they put in their worst performance of the season on the Saturday?

But it was the principle of it. The fact that 2 days before, they threw away 2 points against Everton, then they go behind their manager's back to 'large it up' in Dublin!! These are professional sportsman supposed to be at the peak of physical fitness, paid £millions to give 100% to the Club. Not to be seen acting the goat in public when they have done or achieved nothing!

You wouldn't see Manny Pacquio going out on the p1ss in Las Vegas 4 days before a fight cos it 'wouldn't effect him'!?

IMO they owed us, the fans, BIG time - and luckily for them they came good with 2 wins in a row!

Rich, I disagree with you. You can debate whether or not it had a physical effect on them - it certainly didn't help staying up til all hours on Tues - was it a co-incidence they put in their worst performance of the season on the Saturday?

But it was the principle of it. The fact that 2 days before, they threw away 2 points against Everton, then they go behind their manager's back to 'large it up' in Dublin!! These are professional sportsman supposed to be at the peak of physical fitness, paid £millions to give 100% to the Club. Not to be seen acting the goat in public when they have done or achieved nothing!

You wouldn't see Manny Pacquio going out on the p1ss in Las Vegas 4 days before a fight cos it 'wouldn't effect him'!?

IMO they owed us, the fans, BIG time - and luckily for them they came good with 2 wins in a row!

According to Harry, the players trained extremely well on the Thurs/Fri before the Wolves game. He also said the team "worked their socks off" in the game itself. Regardless of our position, we have had a few brutal performances this season and Wolves was just one of them.

I agree it was wrong that they misled the manager. They're night out in Dublin coincided with having the following day off work.I have not seen any reports that the players were misbehaving. No laws have been broken. No drunken fights. No sexual assault accusations etc etc. seems to me that it was just a 'lads night out'. No problem.

Manny Pacquio doe not fight 50 times a season. He also does not have a squad of team mates playing with him.

They also owed us and themselves big time when they lost against Stoke or drew against Everton. I don't believe a 'night out' preceded these matches.

I think somehow press/media/the public have put these top footballers onto some kind of 'superhuman' pedestal. They're just human, the same as the rest of us and occasionally they'll want to enjoy a night out. As I've said before I really don't see what the big deal is. It's just the press making a story out of nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

This is what makes football so interesting, its all about opinions :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

We can all rest easy tonight;) drama over reports say that players agreed to pay 20k a man to charity. Technically they didn't break any rules. Keane to remain captain.

Advertisement