Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs Xmas Party in Copper Face Jacks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

yiddo wrote: »
    We can all rest easy tonight;) drama over reports say that players agreed to pay 20k a man to charity. Technically they didn't break any rules. Keane to remain captain.
    A new captain is required. Keane will be spending a lot of time on the bench for the remainder of the season if Crouch and Defoe don't get injured. :)

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

We can all rest easy tonight;) drama over reports say that players agreed to pay 20k a man to charity. Technically they didn't break any rules. Keane to remain captain.
    storm in a teacup.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

i totally agree with ricky villa here. harry just said that they trained very well etc to stop himsefl looking like a fool . he didnt want the press to get the impression that they defy him. i come from a tiny village in co limerick where the only sport is hurling. i have seen time and time again where the players dont drink (and they drink a lot :-) for a month before a big game. now in my opinion every premiership match is a big game cos we have so much to play for . professional players need to be able to give 110% ALL the time. thats the nature of the job, if they want to go on the piss then let them pack it in and play non league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

el diablo wrote: »
    A new captain is required. Keane will be spending a lot of time on the bench for the remainder of the season if Crouch and Defoe don't get injured. :)

or lose form? Daws is captain when keane is on the bench but if woody or king were would he start?
    mickman wrote: »
    i totally agree with ricky villa here. harry just said that they trained very well etc to stop himsefl looking like a fool . he didnt want the press to get the impression that they defy him. i come from a tiny village in co limerick where the only sport is hurling. i have seen time and time again where the players dont drink (and they drink a lot :-) for a month before a big game. now in my opinion every premiership match is a big game cos we have so much to play for . professional players need to be able to give 110% ALL the time. thats the nature of the job, if they want to go on the piss then let them pack it in and play non league.

Thats grand to say and I agree with ya but in the real world the players hold the cards and basically do what they want!

yiddo - the players dont hold the cards at old trafford. they are terrified of ferguson

• Advertisement

yiddo - the players dont hold the cards at old trafford. they are terrified of ferguson

don't care what happens there but at WHL they hold the full deck.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

don't care what happens there but at WHL they hold the full deck.

Events in other clubs show that doesn't need to be the case Pat.

We've allowed that culture to develop, I always said the fact that we chase cúnts like Chimbonda and take advantage of their cúntishness when trying to buy them feeds a poisonous culture at our club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭StillRickyVilla

or lose form? Daws is captain when keane is on the bench but if woody or king were would he start?

Thats grand to say and I agree with ya but in the real world the players hold the cards and basically do what they want!
    So Spurs players can do what the hell they want regardless of what the fans or anyone else connected with the club might think? We just accept it?

What a joke of a club if thats the case - and Mickman is entirely correct - thats not the case with proper managers with proper aspirations - Ferguson, Wenger, Mourinho, Capello, O'Neill etc etc.

But like i said its the principle of it, not whether they could physically get over a 'session' before the next match (which is still debatable for supposed professional athletes BTW).

On that Tuesday night, I for one was watching a re-run of the Everton game, trying to decifer where we went wrong. Spurs fans all over the world were on forums like this debating on our CL chances and still troubled after we through away those 2 points!

Meanwhile the very people who can actually influence our results, our players (who by the way are on £millions for the privilege) are seen 'larging it up' in nightclubs 2 days after the match!!

I'm not naive enough to think that the players actually care as much as for Spurs as the fans - why would they? There are obviously are all mercenaries, here today, gone tomorrow.

But at least have SOME respect for the fans by having a few beers in the privacy of their own homes or a private function. They can do all the posing and cavorting in public in the off-season.

In fairness to Keane, maybe he didn't get the bullet because:

(a) the rest of the pissheads are grown men who can make decisions for themselves, so him being singled out would be a bit much

and

(b) maybe, just maybe, Harry saw something the organisation required to get 16 of them to Dublin without him knowing as an example of the lads thinking enough of each other to work together.

In a roundabout way, maybe lashing them all out of it and stripping Keane of the captaincy would do more damage? He'll get his revenge is needed when they are turfed out on their arse. And that will happen when Harry decides its time.

Events in other clubs show that doesn't need to be the case Pat.

We've allowed that culture to develop, I always said the fact that we chase cúnts like Chimbonda and take advantage of their cúntishness when trying to buy them feeds a poisonous culture at our club.

Agree 100% that it doesn't or shouldn't be the case. But when you have a weak guy at the top it will happen.

(a) the rest of the pissheads are grown men who can make decisions for themselves, so him being singled out would be a bit much

and

(b) maybe, just maybe, Harry saw something the organisation required to get 16 of them to Dublin without him knowing as an example of the lads thinking enough of each other to work together.

In a roundabout way, maybe lashing them all out of it and stripping Keane of the captaincy would do more damage? He'll get his revenge is needed when they are turfed out on their arse. And that will happen when Harry decides its time.

spot on and if you stripped Keane of the captaincy wouldn't you have to do the same with Dawson?

• Advertisement

and

+1. And the fact that we won the following 2 games gave Harry space and allowed him to 'bank' the mis-demenours for the future.

If we had lost to Man City and Blackburn I am certain Harry's position would have been under incredible pressure.

As it is, he can now put a positive spin on it & maybe even team spirit within the group has improved in that kind of 'us against them mentality' that Fergie and Mourinho like to use.

+1. And the fact that we won the following 2 games gave Harry space and allowed him to 'bank' the mis-demenours for the future.

If we had lost to Man City and Blackburn I am certain Harry's position would have been under incredible pressure.

As it is, he can now put a positive spin on it & maybe even team spirit within the group has improved in that kind of 'us against them mentality' that Fergie and Mourinho like to use.

he "us" is the squad I assume but who's the "them"?

he "us" is the squad I assume but who's the "them"?
    The rest of the league, the press, the world, the fans, Harry, whoever!! If the team spirit is there amongst the players & we fight for results, as proved particurarly by the Blackburn match, i'm a happy man.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

I definetly think the incident has brought the team together and did ya hear what harry said about the cameroon lads they wouldn't know what a golf course is:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

storm in a teacup lads - yesterdays news - lets get back to the football

Happy Christmas :)

the fact of the matter is that the spurs players are just always in the tabloids. king last year, bentley earlier this year, the lads in dublin last week. when was the last time any arsenal fella was all over the back page of the sun after going on the piss and crashing his car

its not that harry is a soft touch , its that he has inherited a club where the attitude is that "we can go on the piss if we feel like it ,we are a party club". harry was done wonders since he joined but you cant stamp out that kind of attitude over night, it takes time. im sure he is the man to do it

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

the fact of the matter is that the spurs players are just always in the tabloids. king last year, bentley earlier this year, the lads in dublin last week. when was the last time any arsenal fella was all over the back page of the sun after going on the piss and crashing his car

Here's a few that some may have forgotten about.........

Bendtner is currently out with an injury caused by his boy racer motoring antics !

Also
    William Gallas getting pissed up in a night club and pictured smoking cigarettes !

Also
    Van Persie being held in Dutch prison for two weeks on allegation of rape !

Also
    Jermaine Pennant was at Arsenal when he was sentenced to three months prison for drink driving !

I'm sure there's more but these are one's that spring to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

RichMc70 wrote: »
    Here's a few that some may have forgotten about.........

Bendtner is currently out with an injury caused by his boy racer motoring antics !

Also
    William Gallas getting pissed up in a night club and pictured smoking cigarettes !

Also
    Van Persie being held in Dutch prison for two weeks on allegation of rape !

Also
    Jermaine Pennant was at Arsenal when he was sentenced to three months prison for drink driving !

I'm sure there's more but these are one's that spring to mind.

tony adams

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

keane=cock wrote: »
    tony adams
    Paul Merson. :rolleyes:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

http://www.tribalfootball.com/more-party-controversy-tottenham-players-547811

midweek fancy dress a well by the sound of it. interesting coment by harry in there not having a problem

• Advertisement

Alan Hutton as Iron Man, Aarron Lennon as Captain America Thudd as one of the incredibles:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 enola/alone

heard crouch was doin the robot on the dance floor lol. imagine that lad doin the robot

heard crouch was doin the robot on the dance floor lol. imagine that lad doin the robot
    Its that very robot dance, coupled with a hot streak for England in the space of 4 months against Hungary, Jamaica, Trinidad & Tobago, Greece, Andorra and Macedonia that has kept Crouch popular for so long.

The guy has done nothing before (failed at Spurs 1st time round, and failed at Villa) nor since (1 league goal every 4 for Liverpool, currently 1 league goal every 5 for Spurs).

I believe he's a nice guy, is one of the lads and gives 100% but I can't believe someone who produces so little has got away with it for so long!

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭ohnoigotsick

Its that very robot dance, coupled with a hot streak for England in the space of 4 months against Hungary, Jamaica, Trinidad & Tobago, Greece, Andorra and Macedonia that has kept Crouch popular for so long.

The guy has done nothing before (failed at Spurs 1st time round, and failed at Villa) nor since (1 league goal every 4 for Liverpool, currently 1 league goal every 5 for Spurs).

I believe he's a nice guy, is one of the lads and gives 100% but I can't believe someone who produces so little has got away with it for so long!

i 100% agree with that

A few pictures from last nights christmas partyeek.gif

article-1339076-0C809908000005DC-758_224x619.jpg
    article-1339076-0C80A360000005DC-320_224x619.jpg
    article-1339076-0C809BB8000005DC-552_468x507.jpg
    article-1339076-0C809A70000005DC-766_468x673.jpg
    article-1339076-0C8098E4000005DC-376_468x635.jpg
    article-1339076-0C809AF4000005DC-624_468x504.jpg
    article-1339076-0C809BF4000005DC-718_468x627.jpg
    Ledly was worse for ware appearently redface.gif

No surprise King was pissed up again :mad:

I know he's injured and doesn't have to play but he's club captain so it feels like a let down.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Seems to be a recurring thing with him and I agree it's very disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭ohnoigotsick

bale could do with a new pair of jeans

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

article-1339076-0C809BB8000005DC-552_468x507.jpg

Is that Danny Rose being extremely creepy in the background there?

Advertisement