Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GT 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Idleater wrote: »
    I'll send the Volvo in an hour or two, assuming you've responded to the invite. Will swap if you've not used up todays transfer

Cheers for the Volvo. Sent you on the iMiev too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

The following are available to whoever wants them. Each has been tuned enough to easily win their respective race. Just pass them on once you're done with it:

Peugeot 207 GTI
    TVR Tuscan Speed 6 - Will be given away tonight
    Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione
    AMD Mercedes Benz 190 Touring Car - Given away

Also available from the previous Seasonal Event and which you can still race are:

Volkswagen Golf
    Mitsubishi i-MiEV
    Dodge Challenger
    Toyota Supra

PSN id is liamandagnieszka

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Cheers for the Volvo. Sent you on the iMiev too :)

Cheers for that. It's awesomeness on wheels :). I can send it on or back whichever you prefer.

Peugeot 207 GTI
    TVR Tuscan Speed 6
    Toyota Supra
    I'd borrow one of these. As a matter of interest, do you buy the cars new? Surely that and the associated passing them on is not "financially" sound?
    You do get finished first bragging rights though.

I'd borrow one of these. As a matter of interest, do you buy the cars new? Surely that and the associated passing them on is not "financially" sound?
    You do get finished first bragging rights though.

I do buy the cars alright but I don't want to keep them as I already have loads of great cars and I prefer driving the older supercars from the 60s and 70s, I find they're a lot more fun to drive. Some of the races, such as the one with the TVR- after modifying it I would only make a little credit from having won the race. Far more valuable than credit though is the experience points you get.

I also gain from the car sharing too. I got the WRC and a Supra on loan which netted me a few million so it kinda works out in the end.

I'll send you on the Tuscan tonight.

• Advertisement

I do buy the cars alright but I don't want to keep them as I already have loads of great cars
    :
    :
    I also gain from the car sharing too.
    :
    :
    I'll send you on the Tuscan tonight.

Cheers, I do the same as regards buying cars I like eg the lotus carlton that popped up in the used car shop and I stumped up for the 155 touring car because I loved them back in the 90's :) If they ever come up in the Seasonal events/proper events I'll be surprised.

I think I'm a week or so behind in the seasonal events so I guess I'm just picking up scraps of other people's car purchase impulse buys that don't meet expectations!

Cheers for that. It's awesomeness on wheels :). I can send it on or back whichever you prefer.

You can pass it on. I'll pass on the Volvo C30 to anyone who wants it, if you like?

You can pass it on. I'll pass on the Volvo C30 to anyone who wants it, if you like?

It's Kintaro's originally so work away as far as I'm concerned :D.

I'll pass on the miev to anyone who wants it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

guil wrote: »
    i'd appreciate if anyone could send me the cars for bonus race 4, the only one i have is the challenger and i can send it to anyone that needs it
    PSN is guil07
    anyone?

anyone?

I'll send you on the Volvo or the VW Golf. I gave my Mitsi i-Miev to Idleater yesterday, so he'll pass it onto you if you ask nicely :p.

I'll log on shortly to give you the one you want.

Oh add me: irish_stevo

• Advertisement

i'm not fussy, whichever ya can send tonight will help, thanks
    prettly please idleater lol

Right you are, I'll send one shortly. If i'm on after 12 i'll send the other. If not it'll be over the weekend sometime.

Accept my Friend Request so I can send you on a car. I'm headin out shortly.

just did now, thanks

got the volvo stevo thanks, i'll send it back to you in a while

The following are available to whoever wants them. Each has been tuned enough to easily win their respective race. Just pass them on once you're done with it:

Peugeot 207 GTI
    TVR Tuscan Speed 6 - Will be given away tonight
    Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione
    AMD Mercedes Benz 190 Touring Car - Given away

Also available from the previous Seasonal Event and which you can still race are:

Volkswagen Golf
    Mitsubishi i-MiEV
    Dodge Challenger
    Toyota Supra

PSN id is liamandagnieszka

The above are still available if anyone wants to save a few credits.

wouldnt mind one of them kintaro, i have the challenger but none of the others thanks

i've just got the i-miev from idleater so either the golf or supra will do kintaro

i've just got the i-miev from idleater so either the golf or supra will do kintaro

OK I'll send you on the Golf after 12 tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

I've just started using a wheel. Good fun once I did about 20 laps and got used to it.

Couple of questions: is manual transmission faster than automatic ? If so, when is the optimal time to change gear....when revs are at the red or when the rev limiter kicks in ?

Is it quicker to switch off all driving aids.....assuming you can keep it on the track ?

Are there settings for the wheel ? All I can change is stength of feedback 1 to 10.

It's a driving force gt

• Advertisement

to know when to change, check the cars specs in your garage
    it will say x bhp @7600 or similar, change gear in or around that mark

i always have all aids off and i'm not sure bout the settings for the wheel

schwimmenwagen here if anyone wants it
    psn is guil07, look at my sig for my other cars aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

schwimmenwagen here if anyone wants it
    psn is guil07, look at my sig for my other cars aswell

I'll take that off ya if you dont mind?! PSN is robmcs88.

Bigcheeze wrote: »
    Is it quicker to switch off all driving aids.....assuming you can keep it on the track ?

The higher the setting you have for traction control the more you're going to be slowed down through corners as TC limits the power you can use through a corner to try and prevent wheel spin. You'll be faster through corners with TC either off or at a low setting, provided you learn a bit of throttle control.
    For something like the NASCAR races its best to drive with ALL aids off as you'll get crucified otherwise, especially in Daytona!

Testament1 wrote: »
    no problem it will be tomorrow before i can send it to ya

Ya thats fine, probably wont be playing much of it tonight anyway. First night back in college so theres beer to be had instead :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,972 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I finally got around to adding you, but I never got a chance to send you a car yet. Let me know what ya need, and I'll send it on to you.

Testament1 wrote: »

Can I get it after you?

Can I get it after you?

Ya if guil doesnt need it back I can send it on to you no problem.

• Advertisement

Yeah just pass it on I won't need it back

Advertisement