Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GT 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

I would pay 100 to 120 for the Signature edition but the current pricetag is a bit too steep for me tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

rizzla wrote: »
    It's a damn pricey raffle ticket though.

It's a driving competition, so if you fancied yourself as a good driver in real life and in GT your odds might be better. I, however, am not :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭hitman79

Whens it due out??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭paddydriver

Eh... can I just have the game please? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Stupid price.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Eh... can I just have the game please? :confused:

No

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

hitman79 wrote: »
    Whens it due out??

November in North America. No release date for Europe yet but it is assumed to be November also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

amacachi wrote: »
    Stupid price.

not really. there is a cheaper version and with the expensive option you gain entry into a competition for an incredible prize.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

the SLS will be eligible for the historic cup races by the time they release the game

The wait has taken away all my excitement for GT5 (but ill still buy it anyway ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

It would take a japannese company to release a Limited Edition for €180 quid. Id love to hear the sales figures for this after it comes out. Throw in another €70 and you have an Xbox slim!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Managed to preorder the Signature edition today. Man, November is gonna be such an awesome month for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Managed to preorder the Signature edition today. Man, November is gonna be such an awesome month for me.

Where did you pre order from? Friend of mine is looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

LookingFor wrote: »
    Regular or maybe collectors for me.

The signature edition is a bit too rich for my blood, but I'd love to have it otherwise. The car they're giving you a chance to win with that is worth nearly 200k AFAIK, so that's a pretty good competition.

I think it is more in the €300k-400k region. Anyone interested should look at it on youtube. Gullwing design is class. It's a ridiculous machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭macpac26

Don't be fooled by the competition. Even if you won you'd never be able to afford the running costs. Still I guess you could sell it and pocket the cash.

Could you imagine the insurance on this thing haha

Any stores have pre orders going I'm getting the Sig Edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

That's an awfully expensive price but it does look rather impressive. I don't think I could justify paying that price though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 tranny_magnet

That price is shocking, I could buy a Wii for cheaper than that.
    I'll just get the normal version.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

RAIN wrote: »
    Where did you pre order from? Friend of mine is looking.
    Oh yeah, GameStop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

The Signature Edition is class but the collectors will do just fine for me seeing as how ive to buy a ps3 to play it:o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

I will be ordering the collectors edition. We all deserve to treat ourselves every once in a while. The girlfriend has been nagging me to get a new wallet anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

I pre booked the signature edition the other day :) i know its expensive and over priced but sure what is in this country ha!!
    Sure as said above no harm in treating yourself once in a while loland saved over 4 months it wont seem soo bad :)

• Advertisement

Where are people pre ordering? I went into Gamestop and Game in Dublin CC and they are not doing any pre orders

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

macpac26 wrote: »
    Where are people pre ordering? I went into Gamestop and Game in Dublin CC and they are not doing any pre orders

I pre ordered mine in GAME in dundrum shopping centre!
    The guy at the till told me thanks cause he was meant to do it too for himself but forgot lol. Took a while to get sorted as he had to get some code and had to ring a couple of other stores to get it!

I think Hamleys are doing it too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Just thought I resurrect this thread, after looking these recent screenshots, and with some recent news from Gamescom. I'm definitely getting it when it comes out. And looking at the shots, the "replay" ones look amazing. However some of the ingame shots (#43 especially), to me anyway, don't look anything special.

Screenshots
    http://kotaku.com/5616628/more-gran-turismo-5-screens-than-you-can-shake-a-prius-at/gallery/

News
    http://kotaku.com/5616425/gran-turismo-5-injects-some-rpg-in-your-racing-sim

How the game plays is more important of course, and maybe it will look a better in motion. The new management mode sounds interesting also. But it just doesn't seem that much of a step up graphically from Forza 3, considering all the time and money they've spent on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

The most important thing for me is the A.I. and whether they race or just play follow the leader.

Video of the Kart racing here....not very impressive
    gametrailers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Beekay wrote: »
    The most important thing for me is the A.I. and whether they race or just play follow the leader.

Video of the Kart racing here....not very impressive
    gametrailers

Gran Turismo has always been about the AI being religiously devouted to the driving line. It's always been billed as a driving simulator, no racing ever goes on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

rizzla wrote: »
    Gran Turismo has always been about the AI being religiously devouted to the driving line. It's always been billed as a driving simulator, no racing ever goes on.

im sure if you did like arcade mode on "easy" you'd get that kind of attitude from the AI but if there is an option for expert or advanced you'd probably get some serious race's from the AI.

At the same time though on this game im gonna get a good few cars.... ok maybe lots but then i'll probably spend most of my time online with gt5 and when im not online im getting the cash for a new car.

also, November 3rd for us people.... im hoping the shops will have it like a week early so i can get a early go at it :P

Just pre ordered the Sig Ed in Smyths.

Can't wait to tear a Ferrari 458 around the Nurburgring. Got my Logitech Driving Force GT wheel at the ready!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Any cheap but semi-decent steering wheels about? I wanna get the game but I just can't play racing games with the PS3 controller.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

This had better be one hell of a launch title!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Dunnie1982

amacachi wrote: »
    Any cheap but semi-decent steering wheels about? I wanna get the game but I just can't play racing games with the PS3 controller.

A friend of mine has the Logitech Driving Force GT & I've used it playing GT5 prologue, you can get it for around €100 in most places which stock it but probably less online. I'm going to get one myself but going to search online to see if I can get it cheaper as its the best wheel I've ever used. It makes the cars handling much easier as it feels close to driving a real car. Logitech have another wheel, the GT25/27 & its supposed to be amazing but its over €250.

Advertisement