Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GT 5

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Can anyone advise on the best event for progressing through to a higher level B-Spec. Currently on Level 27 B-Spec and it seems to be taking an age to get higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

guil wrote: »
    Yeah just pass it on I won't need it back

Cool. Kintaro I'll send you on the car when I'm done with it so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Can anyone advise on the best event for progressing through to a higher level B-Spec. Currently on Level 27 B-Spec and it seems to be taking an age to get higher.
    When you get to level 28 youll unlock the indy 500 endurance race, that race gives a decent amount of xp and only takes around 2 and a half hours to
    complete in any of the race cars, thats the race i focused on most for levelling up b spec. Basically avoid any races other than the endurance ones, which give the most xp, heres a good guide on them

• Registered Users Posts: 28,972 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Ride Height------------ -20 / -20
    Springs-----------------11.5 (F) / 12.5 (R)
    Dampers (Ext'n)-------6 (F) / 5 (R)
    Dampers (comp)-------5 (F) / 4 (R)
    Anti-Roll Bars-----------6 / 5
    Camber------------------1.5 (F) / 1.5 (R)
    Toe-----------------------0.00 (F) / + 0.40 (R)
    LSD----------------------9-36-18
    Brakes-------------------5/4
    Downforce---------------Maximum F & R
    Speed/gear..................debatable, but 155 to 162 will work.

The key to winning this event is getting a grid with the Chaparral 2J  lined up to start in the 3rd row. This may be around the 8th time you  try the race. He will get tangled up in a wreck at least once and get  turned around. After that, it's an easy win

I did all this with a Toyota 7 that has everything done to it, and my B-Driver went from finishing 5th to finishing 10th. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

We have got a few free spots available to anyone interested in joining the GT championship we run every Sunday night. We are only 3 races in so you can still challenge for top spot:D
    Anyone interested put your name down in this thread
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056136011&page=10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

I've finished with Kintaro's tvr for the seasonal race. Another 1 careful owner from new, low mileage...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

There's still a Peugeot 207 GTI and an Alfa if anyone needs them. Also, the Supra race generates quite a bit of cash if anyone wants a car for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

There's still a Peugeot 207 GTI and an Alfa if anyone needs them. Also, the Supra race generates quite a bit of cash if anyone wants a car for that.

I'll take either of them if ya dont mind, didnt get much GT5 in this weekend with matches and silly b-days :(

Cheers,

PSN : GAVREDKING09

Which is the supra race? The JTCC one? I think I had bought the nsx for the A-spec JTCC races and used that if it is the special events race you are referring to.

Just saw the price on the Schwimmwagen 625000cr to win 800000cr FFS :rolleyes:
    Double :rolleyes: considering you win the bloody Kubelwagen along the way.

The XP though make it a worthwhile outlay. I've been going through a few normal a spec races and find winning 2000XP's and 17500cr a bit of a let down :)

gavredking wrote: »
    I'll take either of them if ya dont mind,

I'll send you my 207 later if you like.

• Advertisement

Idleater wrote: »
    I'll send you my 207 later if you like.

Cool :cool: No rush mate.

I'll return ASAP.

I'll take either of them if ya dont mind, didnt get much GT5 in this weekend with matches and silly b-days :(

Cheers,

PSN : GAVREDKING09

As someone else is sending you the 207 I'll send on the Alfa.
    Idleater wrote: »
    Which is the supra race? The JTCC one? I think I had bought the nsx for the A-spec JTCC races and used that if it is the special events race you are referring to.

Just saw the price on the Schwimmwagen 625000cr to win 800000cr FFS :rolleyes:
    Double :rolleyes: considering you win the bloody Kubelwagen along the way.

The XP though make it a worthwhile outlay. I've been going through a few normal a spec races and find winning 2000XP's and 17500cr a bit of a let down :)

The Supra is needed for one of the races from the last round of Seasonal Events. It's either the last or second last race I think.

As someone else is sending you the 207 I'll send on the Alfa.

Perfect, cheers.

I'll send back ASAP.

On a sidenote, is anybody close to level 40 on A-Spec?

Im at 27 at the moment and if it wasnt for the Seasonal Races I reckon I'd be still low 20's.

Thank you Polyphony Digital :pac:

Perfect, cheers.

I'll send back ASAP.

On a sidenote, is anybody close to level 40 on A-Spec?

Im at 27 at the moment and if it wasnt for the Seasonal Races I reckon I'd be still low 20's.

Thank you Polyphony Digital :pac:

Level 28 here and it'll be a long long time I think before we hit 40. The Seasonal Events are excellent for progression but it's still a slow slog.

No need to send the Alfa back, just send it onto someone else.

Level 28 here and it'll be a long long time I think before we hit 40. The Seasonal Events are excellent for progression but it's still a slow slog.

No need to send the Alfa back, just send it onto someone else.

I think I'll go back to trying gold all the licenses and special events anyway in the mean time.

The money in the seasonal events are a good incintive but its all about the EXP for me.

Next person that wants the Alfa 8C drop me a line and I'll send it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

I'll send the schwimmenwagen to testament in a while and if anyone is after any more cars have a look at my sig

Has anyone got any of the level 5 cars. Te only 1 I have is the schwimmenwagen

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

can we have a separate thread for all the car trading please :( can't we just have a thread to talk about the game and it's ups and downs tips tricks and general **** about it... all that seems to go on this thread of late is guys swapping cars :(

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    can we have a separate thread for all the car trading please :( can't we just have a thread to talk about the game and it's ups and downs tips tricks and general **** about it... all that seems to go on this thread of late is guys swapping cars :(
    This isn't a bad idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭sticksman

Has anybody bought the Gran Turismo Formula 1 car? I have 6m credits and am wondering whether I should spend 5m on one car.

• Advertisement

sticksman wrote: »
    Has anybody bought the Gran Turismo Formula 1 car? I have 6m credits and am wondering whether I should spend 5m on one car.
    its really good BUT ya have to be very careful with the accelerator

its really good BUT ya have to be very careful with the accelerator

What sort of prize money and exp are given away in the championship for this car do you know?

for the formula GT race ya get a caterham seven fireblade as a prize and i havent a clue bout credits somewhere said 91500, wether thats per race or for the championship i dont know

The Formula GT is well worth it, especially for making easy progress in B-Spec. Besides you'll need it for the Formula GT championship anyway. It can be a bit of a handful of times alright.

Oh ya guil cheers for the Scwimmwagen, it was a pretty handy race.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,972 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Can someone send me on the Scwimmwagen when they are finished with it?

It is worth it for B-Spec. It can be a bastard to handle though as I am finding out and you will need to buy it at some stage anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Gimme your psn Id and ill buy it for you and gift it onto ya, ive 18 mill

tonydude wrote: »
    Gimme your psn Id and ill buy it for you and gift it onto ya, ive 18 mill

Ha thanks but I gave in to temptation and bought it last night anyway.

Anybody win the touring car race in the Nurburgring in the Seasonal Events? Used the Lexus Is-F touring car for it and still finished 15 seconds behind the TT. I'd say you get 1.5m for finishing first so well worth winning.

Anybody win the touring car race in the Nurburgring in the Seasonal Events? Used the Lexus Is-F touring car for it and still finished 15 seconds behind the TT.

Yep I used the Astra Touring car fully tuned. Easy enough race to win. Have you the IS-F tuned up?

• Advertisement

Anybody win the touring car race in the Nurburgring in the Seasonal Events?

I had an Audi TT RM of some description that was agbout 100 BHP more then the normal and I won the race easy enough, dont know how I came acros this car, I think I won it somewhere if im honest.

A buddy bought a Calibra a few weeks back as he always loved them and he blitzed the race.

Advertisement