Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GT 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    can we have a separate thread for all the car trading please :( can't we just have a thread to talk about the game and it's ups and downs tips tricks and general **** about it... all that seems to go on this thread of late is guys swapping cars :(

Maybe a thread here or a thread in the Racing Sims section where we could have a dedicated car swap thread would be ideal and it would save people going through pages and pages of car swapping to get some information and keep this thread for general FAQ about GT5.

In fairness, a good few of the members here have swapped and are actively swapping which is brillant as everyone is helping each other but this page is getting cluttered a bit.

can we have a separate thread for all the car trading please :( can't we just have a thread to talk about the game and it's ups and downs tips tricks and general **** about it... all that seems to go on this thread of late is guys swapping cars :(

After I approached Retr0gamer regarding a potential thread for car swapping I have set this thread up over in the Playstation Forum to allow us to solely swap cars and discuss swapping cars.

New thread over in PS Forum: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=70277291#post70277291

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

If anyone has any of the cars needed for the Touring Car race on the Special events could they send me one please? Gnasher999 is my PSN.

Or if someone has a car needed for the JGTC/Super Speed High Speed Ring race??

I can't afford either and I'd send em back once finished!

I have a Golf GTI and Volvo C30 both done up a good bit (the Volvo has pretty much everything) I could send em to anyone that needs em

• Registered Users Posts: 28,972 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Name which one ya want and I'll send it.

Quazzie wrote: »
    Name which one ya want and I'll send it.
    You the man Quaz, one of the Super Speed ones would be awesome! The Supra or Skyline JGTC if ya have one?

You want a Golf or C30?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,972 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I'm just making sure everything is to the max on it and then I'll send on a Supra Touring Car

EDIT: Just sent it. Let me know you got it ok.

EDIT NO. 2. No need to send it back. If I'm still up after midnight I'll send you the Audi TT needed for the German Touring car races. If not I'll send it tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

Had a good oul play this evening, changed from Auto to Manual, haven't come less than first since changing. Completely transforms the game!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

One of these popped up for Cr 35,000 in the Used Car Dealership earlier so I bought it. By no means a great car but pretty handy for someone who needs something to help them progress through the game. It has 398BHP and with reductions weighs in at just 990kg. As it's a racing car most of the mods are already on the car so you need to buy one or two turbos and that's it. It handles very well with no nasty vices.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

Had a good oul play this evening, changed from Auto to Manual, haven't come less than first since changing. Completely transforms the game!

Manual makes a huge difference IMO, especially if you're using the wheel the paddles at the side are great. Can be awkward getting it back to first if you have a big crash and the wheel is turned around though!

• Advertisement

One of these popped up for Cr 35,000 in the Used Car Dealership earlier so I bought it. By no means a great car but pretty handy for someone who needs something to help them progress through the game. It has 398BHP and with reductions weighs in at just 990kg. As it's a racing car most of the mods are already on the car so you need to buy one or two turbos and that's it. It handles very well with no nasty vices.

Similar to this I came across the black FTO touring car (4wd) in the used car dealership and had to buy it as it was my favourite car from the original gran turismos. Turns out it's still class! It has less than 500bhp when fully tuned but the torque and handling are incredible making it really fun to drive, plus it's faster than a lot of higher powered cars because it's so light. I can't remember how much it was, maybe around 100k but if you come across it, get it...

rickyjb wrote: »
    Manual makes a huge difference IMO, especially if you're using the wheel the paddles at the side are great. Can be awkward getting it back to first if you have a big crash and the wheel is turned around though!

I'd love to get the Logitec GT Feedback Wheel but last time I checked it was over 200 quid. The controller uses L2 and R2 for gears so it's kinda like paddles.

I'm dying to get home from work to get back into it!

Anybody complete any of the Endurance events yet? I've completed the Grand Valley one and im afraid to enter the Laguna Seca or Daytona ones that I have available.

Anyone do these or even any of the higher level Endurance events?

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭dumb_parade

gavredking wrote: »
    Anybody complete any of the Endurance events yet? I've completed the Grand Valley one and im afraid to enter the Laguna Seca or Daytona ones that I have available.

Anyone do these or even any of the higher level Endurance events?

Ive done up to the suzuka 1000 mile one. Dont think i'll do that one for a while, and even then i'll be doing it in the dry. Just using the seasonal events to level up at the moment on A-Spec.

On B-Spec, i have just the last 3 left to do. Ps3 has been on for about 4 days now, with my Bobs grinding away.

Ive done up to the suzuka 1000 mile one. Dont think i'll do that one for a while, and even then i'll be doing it in the dry. Just using the seasonal events to level up at the moment on A-Spec.

On B-Spec, i have just the last 3 left to do. Ps3 has been on for about 4 days now, with my Bobs grinding away.

Jaysus, good going. Ive to do at least one of them this weekend, dont know how im going manage the 24 hr at Le Mans or Nurburgring, might have to get a few friends over and take it in turns.

Im lagging way behind in B-Spec. At the moment my A-Spec is 28 and im half way through that in terms of EXP points and my B-Spec is just after turning 14. Going to foucs on B-Spec for the next few days and get in an endurance race at the weekend.

What cars is best suited to the Endurance races? I usd the Polyphony F1 car for the Grand Valley event but the tires would last only 15 laps but the upside was a quick race.

I'd love to get the Logitec GT Feedback Wheel but last time I checked it was over 200 quid. The controller uses L2 and R2 for gears so it's kinda like paddles.

I'm dying to get home from work to get back into it!

It's only 99 in Argos?? You can get it online for around 110-120 I think. Bear in mind that you need something to mount it to though... It does make the game though, I recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

...Im lagging way behind in B-Spec. At the moment my A-Spec is 28 and im half way through that in terms of EXP points and my B-Spec is just after turning 14. Going to foucs on B-Spec for the next few days and get in an endurance race at the weekend..

I had my B-Spec driver do the Miata race at the weekend. I was fuming. After putting in 4 hours driving round the experience points he got were pretty paltry for the effort.

In terms of which car to use, if you're doing the A-Spec races I would always use a car I enjoyed driving and which was reasonably competitive. Over the course of the race you'll lap the AI cars numerous times so it doesn't have to be the best car you have. It's a hard slog, so something fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭dumb_parade

Jaysus, good going. Ive to do at least one of them this weekend, dont know how im going manage the 24 hr at Le Mans or Nurburgring, might have to get a few friends over and take it in turns.

Im lagging way behind in B-Spec. At the moment my A-Spec is 28 and im half way through that in terms of EXP points and my B-Spec is just after turning 14. Going to foucs on B-Spec for the next few days and get in an endurance race at the weekend.

What cars is best suited to the Endurance races? I usd the Polyphony F1 car for the Grand Valley event but the tires would last only 15 laps but the upside was a quick race.

Ive been mainly using the Minolta Toyota GT car where possible. Its easy to drive and quick.

On the timed races its possible to leave the race running for a bit while not racing. On the 4 hour mazda race, in A-Spec, I did about 10 laps figured out how much quicker i was then the rest of the field and then was able to give the other cars a 25-30 lap head start. Which ment i had only 3 and a bit hours of actual driving. Just be careful not to give them to much of a head start....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

could anyone recommend a good car to use in the "Gran Turismo All Stars" in the Expert Series.? I seen the typical opponents range from 789bhp to 939bhp so would be looking to be at least 900bhp. I have a Veyron (954bhp) but it just drives like a tank.

I was thinking maybe gettin the dodge Viper SRT10 ACR '08 and trying to get an extra 300bhp out of it. Also in the Used Car Dealership right now, there is a Ford GT LM Race Car Spec II (2,420,013 Cr.) & a Viper GTS-R Team Oreca Race Car #91 '00 (1998300 Cr,). The only thing is, on these where it shows the Max Power, it just has --- . Does this mean that whatever power is in it cant be adjusted?

I would be willing to spend up to 5,000,000 for a good car.

Ive been mainly using the Minolta Toyota GT car where possible. Its easy to drive and quick.

On the timed races its possible to leave the race running for a bit while not racing. On the 4 hour mazda race, in A-Spec, I did about 10 laps figured out how much quicker i was then the rest of the field and then was able to give the other cars a 25-30 lap head start. Which ment i had only 3 and a bit hours of actual driving. Just be careful not to give them to much of a head start....

I was about to type something stupid there until I re-read your post and realised you have to do a certain length of time, not a set amount of laps...:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

I would be willing to spend up to 5,000,000 for a good car.

In that case buy the Formula GT car and you'll breeze through the race.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

when are they going to put an update in that lets you save during a pitstop in the endurance races - and don't let anyone pop in and say that's cheating or unrealistic - the real life endurance racers swap drivers every few hours so unless you have a few mates up for an 4-5 hour stint to give you a rest your going to be taking a break - that or leave the PS3 running which is bad for the enviroment, noise in the general room with the fans going 90, and probably bad for the ps3 leaving it running for 2-3 days non stop

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

when are they going to put an update in that lets you save during a pitstop in the endurance races - and don't let anyone pop in and say that's cheating or unrealistic - the real life endurance racers swap drivers every few hours so unless you have a few mates up for an 4-5 hour stint to give you a rest your going to be taking a break - that or leave the PS3 running which is bad for the enviroment, noise in the general room with the fans going 90, and probably bad for the ps3 leaving it running for 2-3 days non stop

Yeah i just don't see the practicality of having a 24 hour race in the game. I'm sure i'm not the only who will never, ever go near this. For one, i just wouldnt want my PS3 on for like 2-3 days straight. Which realisticly will be the case if you just have it on pause while you sleep, take breaks etc. So a save point at the pitstop would come in very handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Yeah i just don't see the practicality of having a 24 hour race in the game. I'm sure i'm not the only who will never, ever go near this. For one, i just wouldnt want my PS3 on for like 2-3 days straight. Which realisticly will be the case if you just have it on pause while you sleep, take breaks etc. So a save point at the pitstop would come in very handy.

the game is about being realistic too - and realistically the drivers swap over - so it's not "taking the handy way out"

i'd even take a system where you save and when you start up the game again your put straight back in the race and not allowed do any other race til you quit or finish the race...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

the game is about being realistic too - and realistically the drivers swap over - so it's not "taking the handy way out"

i'd even take a system where you save and when you start up the game again your put straight back in the race and not allowed do any other race til you quit or finish the race...
    there was something similar to that in GT3

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭vestanpance

I've a vague recollection doing a 24 hour race to win the F1 car in GT4, I can't remember if both you and your b-spec driver could do it together, so he could take stints while you sleep or else it was just him on his own but you could speed up the time, 3 or 5 times faster so at least then it only took about 8 hours if it was b-spec alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Ive done the indy 500 and grand valley so far in the enduro will do one of the 4 hour ones or the 1000km on on saturday. Every other race has been done except the Formula Gt championship as i hate the cars will do it eventually.

Finally got to level 30 the other night and gave the vettle challenge a go, its the single hardest thing in this game especially with the dualshock i dont think its possible at all the times even for bronze are very tight. Everything else with practice you can silver and even gold but this no just no.

I love this game been playing it every day since release but in certain places i feel its very biased towards wheel owners which is a little unfair to those who cant afford one or dont have the time to practice practice practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

The X1 is without a doubt one of the most terrifyingly amazing things to drive :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

The X1 is without a doubt one of the most terrifyingly amazing things to drive :D

That's quite the understatement. Just gave it a go there and lol is all I can say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭vestanpance

Won't be back to the game until Saturday, were there any new seasonal events put up today (I think it's Thursday that they go up.

Advertisement