Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GT 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

Won't be back to the game until Saturday, were there any new seasonal events put up today (I think it's Thursday that they go up.
    yeah they are being released every week now
    http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=171036

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭twinsen

The X1 is without a doubt one of the most terrifyingly amazing things to drive :D

Its the only thing stopping me from getting platinum trophy...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

twinsen wrote: »
    Its the only thing stopping me from getting platinum trophy...

same here, the lvl 40's will do it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

tonydude wrote: »
    same here, the lvl 40's will do it too.

Do you have to get gold in absolutely everything to get platinum yeah, all the licences/specials events etc? Seems like a serious amount of time...

rickyjb wrote: »
    Do you have to get gold in absolutely everything to get platinum yeah, all the licences/specials events etc? Seems like a serious amount of time...

Yes. It would take serious amount of time, but you could do lets say 5 races a week, and get it lets say after a year. But without vettel challenge in gold, you wont get it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 GrEaSeMaN2010

I have no idea what im doing :/ but hey, ive nearly compleated GT5 i have a lot of unused cars so gimmie a shoUt if theres a certain one you need :) my PSN is - GrEaSeMaN2010

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

The 20 million limit is a bit of a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

There is a Mazda RX-8 Concept LM Race Car in the Used Dealer at the moment. Its 997,970 credits. There's no stats on it, only that it weighs 1100kg.

Does anybody know if its worth getting? Is it any good? Im up to halfway through the Expert series at the moment, and need a serious race car.

Edit: i only have 1.5m credits, so im a little hesitant spending that much

Nevermind, i just bought the Nissan Option Stream Z '04. 950bhp for 197,000 :D. its a beast

i'm doing the B spec historic race car cup with a 2j race car, on cote d'azur my driver wouldnt pass the 2j in front no matter how hard i tried, now on lap 7 he must be 10 seconds ahead

• Advertisement

When I beat him he spun out at that little chicane after the tunnel.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭sticksman

The Historic Car Cup in A-spec is impossible to win, for me anyway. I've tuned and modified the Countach as much as I possibly could and followed all the directions shown on forums but still getting no joy. I hear the Toyota 7 can be won by completing one of the B-Spec races can anybody tell me which one?

sticksman wrote: »
    The Historic Car Cup in A-spec is impossible to win, for me anyway. I've tuned and modified the Countach as much as I possibly could and followed all the directions shown on forums but still getting no joy. I hear the Toyota 7 can be won by completing one of the B-Spec races can anybody tell me which one?
    i used a race modified challenger for the first and the countach for the second race, the second was handy enough once ya get in front, ya need to tune the suspension for both cars or you're wasting your time
    i'll post up both the tunes i used in a few mins

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

sticksman wrote: »
    The race is in the extreme series and is called "Like The Wind"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

if your looking for the Toyota 7 let me know and ill send it your way

twinsen wrote: »
    Yes. It would take serious amount of time, but you could do lets say 5 races a week, and get it lets say after a year. But without vettel challenge in gold, you wont get it.

It's not the volume of races that I'd be worried about (bar the endurance events maybe) it's getting gold in all the licences and special events. You'd have to do some of those alot of times to be good enough to get gold in them. I guess it's possible though.

Not sure if doing the same race for 24 hours would appeal to me either, plus it can't be good for the playstation leaving it on for about a week like that?

Don't worry about your playstation, mine is working since friday on b-spec, no issues.
    Licences are not so hard to do, special events all except Amg and Vettel are also easy. I am actually stuck at Vettel challenge, did monza on gold after 4 hours, but somehow I cant see myself doing two other ones. To many corners.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,255 ✭✭✭ongarite

Anyone want to loan me a DTM car for Seasonal Event 5 Race 5?

Needs to be a European Touring Car for this event.

The online dealership has been updated with the Seasonal Event 6 cars already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

Just unlocked the Sebastien Vettel Challenge today. My God that car is bat sh*t crazy! :eek: Think it'll be quite a while before I gold that challenge.

I left the B Spec 9 hour endurance run overnight using the Formula GT. When I last checked I was 30 laps ahead and saw this morning I only got silver. WTF is that all about.

• Advertisement

Your tyres probably went to sh*t, or is there an option to auto pitstop? If you went 9 hours without one I'd imagine that's the problem

Pit stops were set to change at 10% just like I did for every other race. I have it running with the Minolta atm so will see how that fared when I get home from work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

Just a reminder lads - We have a Gran Turismo Championship going here.

It is still open to joing if anyone is interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 ivanski72

Anybody know any hard facts or rules of thumb for suspension tuning?

Realise now that I need to do this tuning more...........!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    I left the B Spec 9 hour endurance run overnight using the Formula GT. When I last checked I was 30 laps ahead and saw this morning I only got silver. WTF is that all about.

On a side note, b spec endurances races are the dumbest part of any game EVER!

Paparazzo wrote: »
    On a side note, b spec endurances races are the dumbest part of any game EVER!

Yep. I am at level 39 in B Spec and cannot be bothered with it anymore. Endurance races in real time with no option to save mid race is absolutely moronic of Polyphony Digital.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Yep. I am at level 39 in B Spec and cannot be bothered with it anymore. Endurance races in real time with no option to save mid race is absolutely moronic of Polyphony Digital.

Saving mid race is the most disappointing thing about this game.

Id be freaked if I was doing a race and the power cut, I know in my own heart I wouldnt go back to that race.

On a side note, I recently completed the 200 laps of daytona endurance race, 2 hrs 38mins in a Mazda 787B, won by about 3 laps I think. Quite a tough race, Id recommend the PolyPhony F1 car though, one of the buddies did it in 2hrs 22mins and won by about 18 laps using it.

I recently got up to level 22 and bought myself a NASCAR car. i managed to win the first race of the championship but christ, as soon as i get onto a track with corners in near impossible. They're not built for cornering!!!
    Doesnt help with the AI just sticking to the driving lane and catching on you and the only way to get out of it is to brake hard but then your at the back with no hope of getting anywhere near the leader :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Anyone any tips??

Also, what kind of car do i need for the "Like the Wind" thing? i have an NSX rac car, modded for more BHP but its no where near what's needed :(

Ive heard people talking about this Toyota 7 car on here. I know ya get it in the B-Spec races somewhere but its so friggin boring. im on level 5 at the moment i think

Mackman wrote: »
    I recently got up to level 22 and bought myself a NASCAR car. i managed to win the first race of the championship but christ, as soon as i get onto a track with corners in near impossible. They're not built for cornering!!!
    Doesnt help with the AI just sticking to the driving lane and catching on you and the only way to get out of it is to brake hard but then your at the back with no hope of getting anywhere near the leader :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Anyone any tips??

Also, what kind of car do i need for the "Like the Wind" thing? i have an NSX rac car, modded for more BHP but its no where near what's needed :(

Ive heard people talking about this Toyota 7 car on here. I know ya get it in the B-Spec races somewhere but its so friggin boring. im on level 5 at the moment i think

Just change the aerodynamic setting to the max for nascar, car will reach slower speeds but it will be easier to control. And also for like the wind you can use toyota minolta car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Mackman wrote: »

Anyone any tips??

Head over to the "Car Swap Thread" in the Playstation Forum and we will help ya with whatever car ya need.

Heres the Link : http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056159212

Advertisement