Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GT 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭dumb_parade

Mackman wrote: »
    I recently got up to level 22 and bought myself a NASCAR car. i managed to win the first race of the championship but christ, as soon as i get onto a track with corners in near impossible. They're not built for cornering!!!
    Doesnt help with the AI just sticking to the driving lane and catching on you and the only way to get out of it is to brake hard but then your at the back with no hope of getting anywhere near the leader :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Anyone any tips??

Also, what kind of car do i need for the "Like the Wind" thing? i have an NSX rac car, modded for more BHP but its no where near what's needed :(

Ive heard people talking about this Toyota 7 car on here. I know ya get it in the B-Spec races somewhere but its so friggin boring. im on level 5 at the moment i think

Remember to switch off ABS on the NASCAR races. For some reason it has a really bad effect on the ovals if its switched on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

Cheers guys. ill try all those.

gavredking: i have to download the update to do that i think. I dont usually do the whole online gaming thing. looks like ill give it a go with this one though.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Mackman wrote: »
    Cheers guys. ill try all those.

gavredking: i have to download the update to do that i think. I dont usually do the whole online gaming thing. looks like ill give it a go with this one though.

I dont think you need to do an updated D/L to receive or send cars, once you have a PSN I.D.we can send ya all the cars ya want/need but you have to be online to receive/send.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

gavredking wrote: »
    I dont think you need to do an updated D/L to receive or send cars, once you have a PSN I.D.we can send ya all the cars ya want/need but you have to be online to receive/send.
    ya cant sign in to psn in game if theres an update available

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Does anyone know if the traction control has been enabled again through the DFGT by this patch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Just downloaded Ver. 1.06. first off it seems like the load times are a wee bit slower. Also noticed that the hitting restrictions in the licenece tests have been removed which is a good thing in my opinion. you still get DQ for going off the track tho.

Also good to see aload of new races in the Seasonal Event. Ill be busy for the day:D

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Anybody got details on the new Seasonal Event Races?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

New patch for download this morning, version 1.07.

Spiel:
    A new update has been released for Gran Turismo 5.
    The main contents of the update are as follows:

[Major Changes and New Features]
    Friend Rankings
    In Drift Trials and Time Trials, you can now display leaderboards that shows only your friends. While it was difficult before to locate your friends in the general leaderboards, this now makes it easier to compare laptimes with them, allowing you to compete just between your friends for the best laps and scores.

[Correction of Known Issues]
    - The calculation of performance points (PP) which is an index of a car's performance, is now calculated without taking into account the tyre selection.You can now combine the performance point restriction and the tyre restriction when setting the regulations for a lounge.
    - Fixed the issue where the performance of electric cars increased/decreased after a certain amount of driving.
    - Downloaded replays from Seasonal Event Rankings can now be viewed properly.

[Other Changes]
    - Cars worth over 1,000,000 Cr. (Including those in a gift car ticket form) are now prohibited from being traded to prevent issues during the trading process. When lending and borrowing cars between friends, please utilise the car loan system.

[To Check Your Current Version]
    To check the version of your software, press the "Manual" button at the bottom of the main menu screen. The version number will be located on the upper left of the index page in this manual.

If the number starts with "Ver. 1.07", you are playing the latest version of the game.

If not, please press PS button and quit the game. The game will be updated automatically when you restart it with your PS3™ system connected to the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Good News Everyone................................................................:D:D

Looks like game saves during Endurance races are coming our way!!!!!

Source - http://www.gtplanet.net/in-race-game-saves-coming-to-gran-turismo-5/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Good News Everyone................................................................:D:D

Looks like game saves during Endurance races are coming our way!!!!!

Source - http://www.gtplanet.net/in-race-game-saves-coming-to-gran-turismo-5/
    Praise the lord.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Gt5 patch 1.10 came today , 380 mb anyone have any idea whats added

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Gt5 patch 1.10 came today , 380 mb anyone have any idea whats added

The Playstation blog listed the detail yesterday but I cant access it from where I am. The highlight for me though is that you can now save progress during championships.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

The highlight for me though is that you can now save progress during championships.

That will be handy alright, it's a pain entering the later championships, needing hours to finish them

• Registered Users Posts: 13,427 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

From the PlayStation Blog:
    Hello Everyone,

Online racing on Gran Turismo 5 has, of course, proved massively popular since the game’s launch. So I am sure you’ll agree that it is great news that PSN is back up and running and the online racing restored. The PSN issues have been well documented elsewhere, but from my side, I add my own apologies that the issue has taken so long to be resolved and that you have been without multi-player racing during this time.

The good news is that with PSN back up and running we have a new update today for GT5. Kazunori Yamauchi made it clear at launch back in November that the game would continue to develop and be updated during its life cycle. This latest update from Polyphony comes in the form of version 1.10 and includes many improvements and new features to welcome players back to online racing via PSN.

As well as addressing a few issues and making a few simple improvements to enhance the GT5 experience, update 1.10 adds some exciting new features such as online event prizes, a simpler way to purchase parts, an improved opponent AI algorithm, an easy way to interrupt and save your progress in championship mode, new racing gear choices and a new music track.

This latest version of GT5 should automatically download when your PS3 is connected to the internet. However, to check the version of your software, press the “Manual” button at the bottom of the main menu screen. The version number will be located on the upper left of the index page in this manual. If the number starts with “Ver. 1.10″, you are playing the latest version of the game.

If not, please press PS button and quit the game. The game will be updated automatically when you restart it with your PS3™ system connected to the internet.

Enjoy the new update and have fun racing online again.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

sort of makes me lol

• Registered Users Posts: 13,427 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

• Simplified interior views added to all standard cars.
    • User control of the weather change feature.
    • Settings sheet which allows you to save multiple car settings.
    • New Spec 2.0 opening movie.
    • Improved UI response and usability.
    • Replay forward/rewind.
    • Mid-race save feature for endurance races.
    • Expanded online lounge features (narrowing down car types, shuffle races…).
    • Expanded Photo Travel features (you can now take photos of cars together with your avatar).
    • Added “NASCAR Pit Scene” stage to Photo Travel.
    • Added 11 new 2011 NASCAR models.
    • Added the Nissan GT-R N24 Schulze Motorsport (the car in which Kazunori contested the 2011 Nurburgring 24 Hours).
    • Improved physics and artificial intelligence.
    • Support for the Logitech G25/G27 steering wheel.

Well it's about flippin' time for mid-race saves for endurance races!

sort of makes me lol

Care to explain

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Care to explain

It should have been like that from day one. Not delay for 5 years, release half finished expect gamers to pay full price for a half complete game and then wait for another year to bring it up to what it should have been all along.

It should have been like that from day one. Not delay for 5 years, release half finished expect gamers to pay full price for a half complete game and then wait for another year to bring it up to what it should have been all along.

Agreed but atleast they didnt do the dickhead thing and either didnt patch it at all or charge us for it

• Advertisement

Agreed but atleast they didnt do the dickhead thing and either didnt patch it at all or charge us for it

yup, but captain chaos understood that from the first second. :rolleyes:

yup, but captain chaos understood that from the first second. :rolleyes:

Im slow.. What you expect ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 HondaKev

needs new tracks.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Sentineil

There are new tracks and cars arriving the week after Spec 2.0 as DLC.
    Spec 2.0 is out in the third week of this month, so we don't have much longer to wait.

As for this, it's complete nonsense. Full price for half a game? GT5 might have been missing one or two details to give it the polished presentation people would have liked, but to call it half finished or believe that it wasn't worth the price is ridiculous.

I think it's a shame mid-race saves have arrived. I honestly don't see what the "endurance" part of the race is if you can just quit and pick up where you left off later on.
    If you can't find the time or don't have the patience, then don't do them.

All of the fixes that are being applied are tiny details that aren't necessary for GT to be an excellent game. I'm glad they're here, but I haven't been lamenting their exclusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

i feel a strong need to troll gt5 but i couldnt be flipped :D pity too loved the gt series up until 5 which was a major let down to me

• Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Hey lads, i'm trying to decide on whether to get this or not. Last GT I played was GT 1 and I'm not a big fan of Sim Racing, track courses, racing lines, etc. Then I played Shift 2 and absolutely loved it. Best racing game I played in a long long time so maybe i've been converted. Now, i'm no racing expert so I don't know if Shift 2 is a proper sim racer but can anyone tell me how it compares to GT5?

I see GT 5 is cheap now and Spec 2.0 will be released soon. Is this a free download if you already own the game? I saw above there have been free patches to make the game better.

Is there an online pass if I buy it 2nd hand?

Thanks!

Forza 4 > shift 2 > GT5

GT5 is pure rubbish. they promised so much and gave so little. after playing shift 2, i could not come back to GT5.

a lie about car roaster: only 100++ cars out of 1200+++ are fully detailed cars with cabin views. others are copy paste from gt4 ( i shiet you not ). the cars they chose for premium models is just idiotic! veyron - standart. ****y daihatsu roadster - premium...
    A.I. is on rails. same as GT1.
    physics are just plain wrong. its like bumper cars. same as was in GT1.

Shift 2 maybe has flavour of arcade in there, but it makes it fun. all of them are games and not SIMs, so i chose the one that at least makes it fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Well it's important that they have a similar feel. Shift 2 was the 1st racing game where the Dodge Viper GTS was a pleasure to drive. As far as I'm aware, they were including more interior views with Spec 2 or patches?

I always hated interior view in racing games but it was done so well in Shift 2, I would def be trying it in GT 5. Must go looking for reviews post patches to see how people are finding it.

OSI wrote: »
    This is how amazing the physics in Shift 2 are. Stopped in the middle of a straight, and the car started hopping all over the place. Plenty of other crappy physics videos for Shift 2 on youtube to.

funny how youtube can work bouth ways...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 963 ✭✭✭NinjaK

Great game. This game and a wheel setup is the best driving experience you can have on a console!

Advertisement