Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GT 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just ordered this, looking forward to giving it a lash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Just ordered this, looking forward to giving it a lash.
    Well, you ordered it now, but was going to say, if you don't like games where you need to take the driving line, don't get it!

But there's lots to do in this game, it has long lasting playability. Games like shift I've given up on, great fun for a couple of days, but then get boring.
    GT5 has so much game content it's well worth getting.
    When you start off playing and are racing Toyota Yaris's around you'll wonder why you bought it! But those races are actually good crack.
    Forza 4 > shift 2 > GT5

GT5 is pure rubbish. they promised so much and gave so little. after playing shift 2, i could not come back to GT5.

a lie about car roaster: only 100++ cars out of 1200+++ are fully detailed cars with cabin views. others are copy paste from gt4 ( i shiet you not ). the cars they chose for premium models is just idiotic! veyron - standart. ****y daihatsu roadster - premium...
    A.I. is on rails. same as GT1.
    physics are just plain wrong. its like bumper cars. same as was in GT1.

Shift 2 maybe has flavour of arcade in there, but it makes it fun. all of them are games and not SIMs, so i chose the one that at least makes it fun.

I think there's 250 premium cars in GT5. And most of the standard ones are still pretty impressive looking, some I have to check to see if they're premium or not.
    AI is terrible in GT5 though. And no damage to cars is rubbish.
    But the amount of different types of cars, continous updates of seasonal events make it well worth getting. Its an epic game.
    You might think Shift is better and more fun, it's entirely subjective I suppose. Some people prefer Jersey Shore to The Wire.

Jersey shore better than the wire :pac:

I used to hate driving lines until Shift 2. Saying that, I'm still a 'proper' racer noob and I need the line guides on the road. It was the driving that kept me going in Shift 2, career mode didn't have much going on and stopped playing at the high levels with the endurance races. At least you can save mid race in gt5 if it gets too long which is essential for me. I saw the gt 5 boards races ye'd be having before and sounded like a great laugh. I'll try get the hang of the Yaris before I venture online tho :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Paparazzo wrote: »
    Well, you ordered it now, but was going to say, if you don't like games where you need to take the driving line, don't get it!

But there's lots to do in this game, it has long lasting playability. Games like shift I've given up on, great fun for a couple of days, but then get boring.
    GT5 has so much game content it's well worth getting.
    When you start off playing and are racing Toyota Yaris's around you'll wonder why you bought it! But those races are actually good crack.

I think there's 250 premium cars in GT5. And most of the standard ones are still pretty impressive looking, some I have to check to see if they're premium or not.
    AI is terrible in GT5 though. And no damage to cars is rubbish.
    But the amount of different types of cars, continous updates of seasonal events make it well worth getting. Its an epic game.
    You might think Shift is better and more fun, it's entirely subjective I suppose. Some people prefer Jersey Shore to The Wire.
    well all that 1000++ cars really worth **** all when you play games only from in cabin view.

everyone has their own favorite racing game, i was always GT fanboy, unfortunately gt5 came with more bad points then good ones. It should be very cheap now though, so no point not to pick up one.

i prefer forza4 out of 3 major Simsih racers, but i cant justify paying for xbox live to play it with stats and challanges twice per month. ( which is awesome ).

Ya glad that Spec 2.0 gave the standard cars an in-car view but the black shadow, same for all is still crap. I want the exact interior as my Hyundai Coupe dammit :pac:

At least the Viper GTS '02 is a premium car. That Lambo Aventador is f*cking savage but not paying 5 euro for it in a car pack that includes the Nissan Leaf!

new-gran-turismo-5-dlc-adds-lamborghini-aventador-41802-7.jpg

• Advertisement

Jersey shore better than the wire :pac:

I used to hate driving lines until Shift 2. Saying that, I'm still a 'proper' racer noob and I need the line guides on the road. It was the driving that kept me going in Shift 2, career mode didn't have much going on and stopped playing at the high levels with the endurance races. At least you can save mid race in gt5 if it gets too long which is essential for me. I saw the gt 5 boards races ye'd be having before and sounded like a great laugh. I'll try get the hang of the Yaris before I venture online tho :)
    The boards online races were great! If you race online on GT5, my advice is to stick to tracks you know inside out. The quality can be pretty good online.
    well all that 1000++ cars really worth **** all when you play games only from in cabin view.

everyone has their own favorite racing game, i was always GT fanboy, unfortunately gt5 came with more bad points then good ones. It should be very cheap now though, so no point not to pick up one.

i prefer forza4 out of 3 major Simsih racers, but i cant justify paying for xbox live to play it with stats and challanges twice per month. ( which is awesome ).

You can race every car in GT5 with the in-car view. Just doesn't look as nice in the non-premium cars. Not many people race in the in-car view, it's too hard so not a priority for most people. Bonnet view and behind the car view are the most popular.
    There's under 1000 standard cars in gt5 too. And you can play the entire game no problems and never have to race a standard car. GT5 has it's problems, but the standard cars aren't one imho. AI and damage are the top 2 problems with GT5 i reckon.
    As for forza, if you don't have an xbox it doesn't really matter what it's like.

Paparazzo wrote: »
    AI and damage are the top 2 problems with GT5 i reckon.

I read Spec 2.0 was supposed to fix boring perfect AI. Is that the problem you're talking about, how they are unaware of you in the race and just stick to their line?

I don't have an xbox so forza is out. Shift 2 had some crazy AI that wouldn't have a problem taking you out in a corner, great laugh.

Sure on the back of the GT5 box it says it shows car damage. Wait till you see how bad it is. It's like you had a model of a car made of soft clay and pressed something flat against the front corner of it!
    AI still isn't great. If you do b-spec to earn a few quid you'll curse your bspec driver a few times too. Suppose he's not fully AI.
    Might seem like bad points, but I got this game on release day, played it a hell of a lot, lost all my game save data, started again and am back at level 40 in b spec, and about level 32 in a spec. Meaning, if I divide the price the game cost by the hours I played it, it probably cost me 2 cent a hour!

There a bit of DLC available to buy for it too. And if you're struggling in any races, go to www.gtplanet.net and fine what car best suits a particular race. And get a good set up to help for the handling of it too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Hey guys just bought the Collectors Edition second hand, cant find the PSN code for the stealth cars, Im assuming it was thrown out. Anyway of getting these otherwise? They are unreal.

donmeister wrote: »
    Hey guys just bought the Collectors Edition second hand, cant find the PSN code for the stealth cars, Im assuming it was thrown out. Anyway of getting these otherwise? They are unreal.

I would suggest checking www.gtplanet.net, they're usually pretty quick at answering any gt questions over there.
    I'm pretty sure if you don't have the code, you won't get the cars.

• Advertisement

If you got it 2nd hand then I would say it was def used and thrown out. Very rare a 2nd hand game has working DLC. I traded a game into hmv a few months back, can't remember which one, but i told the guy the dlc wasn't used but he still crumpled it up and threw it in the bin :confused:

Ordered the game yesterday and arrived today (Thanks Gamesnash!) Now to get stuck in!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 538 ✭✭✭little big planet 2

whats dlc

Dlc is downloadable content. Huge update as soon as I turned the game and gave me a toyota 86 as a starting car. Anyone recommend a good ff car for beginner series?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

I f***ing love this game!!

The only racing game i play.

The 24 hour races are an absolute joy to play. It looks fantastic!

At the start I think I used a Used Honda Civic. Make sure you change the oil straightaway as you get a few extra horsepower.

And definetly have a look at www.gtplanet.net , It has everything and anything related to Gran Turismo on that site!

Ah crap, forgot about the civic. I won a Vitz and was using that, absolutely awful. The Toyota 86 GT is some car, will be using that as much as I can.

Are the 2nd hand cars in the used dealership completely random and do they change after every race?

Driving hippy vans around the top gear track is not fun :)

I unlocked that but giving the Special events a break for a while, I want to get through the beginner series and strat getting some proper cars. I would love a steering wheel setup for this. The in car view is class. Now, I just need to take the stabilizers off and turn on manual gears :o

Actually, I would love an Integra DC5 (Pretty sure they are in the game) Anyone have one that would like to swap me for a Vitz? :D

Wondering if anyone can help. I bought a Camaro SS to race in the classic races but it tops out at 115 mph and dips down to 112mph. This is topped in 4th gear and pieces of crap are passing me on the straight. Anyone know how to improve this? Seems a bit strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Wondering if anyone can help. I bought a Camaro SS to race in the classic races but it tops out at 115 mph and dips down to 112mph. This is topped in 4th gear and pieces of crap are passing me on the straight. Anyone know how to improve this? Seems a bit strange.

You need to buy a fully customisable transmission to change the top speed.Make sure not to raise it too high because you will sacrifice acceleration for top speed.I think it gives you 6 gears instead of 4 and costs 20000 credits but I could be wrong.Haven't played the game since last summer.

And on the topic of damage;It isn't very good especially on standard cars.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3ghcg7yvVs

Thats a video of my Le Mans 24 hour last lap.The car eventually turned black from the damage.Not very realistic but I'd say it would be better on premium cars.

• Advertisement

Ya read that alright but surely a stock Camaro SS can go faster than 115mph. Class vid, glad they added the save feature. The PS3 would probably blow up playing 24 hours straight.

Ya read that alright but surely a stock Camaro SS can go faster than 115mph. Class vid, glad they added the save feature. The PS3 would probably blow up playing 24 hours straight.

I did it before they brought in the saves. I think 115 mph would be pretty realistic for a stock Camaro.My Shelby GT350 maxed out as around 120 before I customised it.

Ah crap, forgot about the civic. I won a Vitz and was using that, absolutely awful. The Toyota 86 GT is some car, will be using that as much as I can.

Are the 2nd hand cars in the used dealership completely random and do they change after every race?

Driving hippy vans around the top gear track is not fun :)

I remember when I got the game, the top gear track challenges were next to impossible and I gave up. Tried them again a few months later when I was better at it, they were easy!
    All the american muscle cars need fully customisable transmission.

The game must be easy to start out on now with the big money seasonal events abailable, or DLC available to give you some savage cars straight away.

Ya it is a bit too easy at the moment. Toyota 86 and Integra DC5, I'm just burning through races. Kinda getting annoying how I have to go looking for certain types of cars like classic japanese cars and how the used dealership is so random. Plus hate backtracking and driving peieces of crap like the 'lightweight cup', just not fun. I'm finding myself skipping events and moving up series just to get back into proper racing.

Lot of money thrown at me so gonna get a dodge viper next and stick with that for a while.

You're better off looking at the PP of your opponents and race a similar car. Makes it better fun.
    There is sites that tell you what's coming into the used car dealership. If you need to refresh it, just go into a race (i usually go into licence, go into the first one on a) and wait for it to load. They quit straight away back to the licence menu. That refreshes the used car dealership a day. Do it 3 or 4 times in a row.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Guys, any of ye have cool racing setups for GT5? Going to buy the Logitech GT wheel soon and was wondering where would be the best place to buy a racing bucket seat perhaps? Would I be better off making a stand or can you buy one somewhere in Ireland?

Any websites do the whole racing cockpit thing and deliver to Ireland?

Cheers.

unkymo wrote: »

The 24 hour races are an absolute joy to play.

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Chavways wrote: »
    :eek:

I have the 24 hour Nurburgring race left to do and I am kind of dreading it. The Le Mans 24 hours took a while but at least I now know the circuit like the back of my hand.

Before I do that though I am going to conquer the Formula GT. I cannot get my head around that one at all

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    I have the 24 hour Nurburgring race left to do and I am kind of dreading it. The Le Mans 24 hours took a while but at least I now know the circuit like the back of my hand.

Before I do that though I am going to conquer the Formula GT. I cannot get my head around that one at all

I have most of the endurance races done.Just the Nurburgring and the Suzuka one to do I think but I'm never going to finish them.I nearly died during the Le Mans race.368 laps of grueling repetitive boredom.Never again.

The Formula GT is pretty easy once you have a good car setup.I got a good one off GTPlanet and I won it no problem.

• Advertisement

Anyone doing GT Academy 2012? It is going live today where it will be available to download from the PSN for free. You don't even need GT5 to play it. There will be a new round released every 2 weeks and you have to get gold in each round to move onto the next. You get unlocks to play in GT5 with bronze, silver or gold.

I got bored of GT 5 and gave up on it a while back but definitley gonna give this a go. I guess the rounds are gonna be fairly hard.

Advertisement