Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GT 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

mise wrote: »
    But it just doesn't seem that much of a step up graphically from Forza 3, considering all the time and money they've spent on it.

i suggest you have a closer look at forza :pac:. the interiors are a joke on most of the cars and half of them just have a black outline with no detail. have a look at the shadows of the cars on the track too. they're like something from the PS1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

i suggest you have a closer look at forza :pac:. the interiors are a joke on most of the cars and half of them just have a black outline with no detail. have a look at the shadows of the cars on the track too. they're like something from the PS1.

Yeah the interiors are a lot better (tho I'd like to see the detail in the standard cars, as I've sure those interiors are from their premium quality cars) and the shadows were something that definitely stood out as particularly good when I watched a trailer a couple of months ago.. Still tho they've spent 3 or 4 years longer making it..

As I said before I'll still be picking it at launch

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭macpac26

Logitech just announced the new wheel for GT5...

gt5zd7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

In game footage from IGN, Have to say im not exactly blown away by it. Which i was expecting to be seeing as its been in development for so bloody long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

Hogzy wrote: »
    In game footage from IGN, Have to say im not exactly blown away by it. Which i was expecting to be seeing as its been in development for so bloody long.

I think thats off screen Hogzy, very hard to judge graphics accurately if it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

mise wrote: »
    Yeah the interiors are a lot better (tho I'd like to see the detail in the standard cars, as I've sure those interiors are from their premium quality cars)

standard cars wont have cockpit view. "despite their best efforts to respond to criticism about standard car interiors, they were not able to implement cockpit camera (even one similar to GTPSP’s) in GT5"

http://www.gtplanet.net/gamescom-gran-turismo-5-breakout-session-full-details/

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭macpac26

standard cars wont have cockpit view. "despite their best efforts to respond to criticism about standard car interiors, they were not able to implement cockpit camera (even one similar to GTPSP’s) in GT5"

http://www.gtplanet.net/gamescom-gran-turismo-5-breakout-session-full-details/

Its a bit disappointing to be honest with the amount of time they have spent developing the game they could have at least put in a generic cockpit. I mean how many different cockpits do you need for the 100 or so versions of the Nissan Skyline :) just one would do!

Still all the best cars in the game should be premium and i believe the detail is stunning in those. I normally use the bumper cam with the wheel anyways so cockpit views are not a deal breaker for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Yes finally a GT game that has go karts, now to level the race in my favour.

gokarts.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Just ordered my copy of GT5 in gamestop.

I went for the Collectors Edition (iirc) and the guy said it was been priced at 179.99 but closer to the release day I could change my order if I choose.

Cant wait now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

I heard the top gear test track is included, can't wait to try and beat the stigs times

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I'll be very disappoint if the Reliant Robin is not included in this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Wetbench4 wrote: »
    I heard the top gear test track is included, can't wait to try and beat the stigs times

That is very much a definite.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Does anyone know how much the collectors edition cost?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Nemanja91 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how much the collectors edition cost?

€80.
    http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-5-signature-edition-collectors-edition-announced-for-international-release/

Europe also has their own Collector’s Edition coming, which differs slightly from the US version. Here’s what it includes for €79.99:

* A commemorative “slip case” featuring the artwork that was originally spotted in this video.
    * The five unique Chrome Line cars (see below).
    * Five collectable “art cards”.

These five “Chrome Line” cars will be available as DLC in all special editions of Gran Turismo 5, including the United States:

* Audi R8 5.2 FSI quattro Chrome Line Edition
    * BMW M3 Coupe Chrome Line Edition
    * Lamborghini Murcielago LP 640 Chrome Line Edition
    * Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Coupe Chrome Line Edition
    * Shelby Cobra 427 Chrome Line Edition

F1ngers wrote: »

These five “Chrome Line” cars will be available as DLC in all special editions of Gran Turismo 5, including the United States:

* Audi R8 5.2 FSI quattro Chrome Line Edition
    * BMW M3 Coupe Chrome Line Edition
    * Lamborghini Murcielago LP 640 Chrome Line Edition
    * Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Coupe Chrome Line Edition
    * Shelby Cobra 427 Chrome Line Edition

Anoyone know if these cars will be available to use in GT mode as soon as you D/L them or are they only available in Arcade mode?

Looks like on www.amazon.co.uk

They are selling the collectors edition for 59.99 pounds.

Its a bit of a saving over the 79.99 euro that we will pay, but im not sure if I could wait a day or two for this to ship so I think im going to stick with my Gamestop pre-order. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Here’s a quick overview of what’s been discussed in the TGS 2010 GT5 breakout session:

* Laguna Seca has been completely rebuilt and will return for GT5. Trial Mountain has also been confirmed.
    * “Gran Turismo Anywhere” will allow you to manage B-Spec races, right from your computer. You’ll be able to hold B-Spec races with your friends from anywhere in what are called “Remote Races”.
    * GT5 will feature a series of special events such as the Karting Experience, the AMG driving school, The Stig Challenge, Jeff Gordon NASCAR School, Sebastien Loeb Rally Challenge, and Gran Turismo Rally.
    * Point-to-point rally stages will be automatically and randomly generated – you’ll have to depend on your co-driver to give you the best instructions about the road ahead.
    * Rally mode can be played either on or offline.
    * Weather changes include temperature differences, air pressure changes, and humidity, affecting the surface conditions of the track dynamically.
    * Weather conditions are randomized. Forecasts for your race will be available but may not be entirely accurate, just like the real world.
    * Polyphony Digital has helped Red Bull Racing’s Adrian Newey design the X1 Concept – an “ultimate” racing car, free of any technical regulations.
    * Polyphony Digital has worked to improve engine sounds.
    * Yamauchi admits that, in certain situations – such as standing race starts in the rain with 15 other cars on the screen kicking up spray in front of you – the game may not be able to hold 60FPS. Otherwise, it will strive to hold 60FPS as often as possible.
    * The Volkswagen Kubelwagen, which has a drive system like the first beetle, and the amphibious Volkswagen Schwimmwagen will be in the game.
    * Many things didn’t make the cut in Gran Turismo 5, and work on Gran Turismo 6 has already begun.

http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-5-tgs-2010-breakout-session-full-details/

* Many things didn’t make the cut in Gran Turismo 5, and work on Gran Turismo 6 has already begun.

:eek:
    :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Here’s a quick overview of what’s been discussed in the TGS 2010 GT5 breakout session:

* Laguna Seca has been completely rebuilt and will return for GT5. Trial Mountain has also been confirmed.
    * “Gran Turismo Anywhere” will allow you to manage B-Spec races, right from your computer. You’ll be able to hold B-Spec races with your friends from anywhere in what are called “Remote Races”.
    * GT5 will feature a series of special events such as the Karting Experience, the AMG driving school, The Stig Challenge, Jeff Gordon NASCAR School, Sebastien Loeb Rally Challenge, and Gran Turismo Rally.
    * Point-to-point rally stages will be automatically and randomly generated – you’ll have to depend on your co-driver to give you the best instructions about the road ahead.
    * Weather changes include temperature differences, air pressure changes, and humidity, affecting the surface conditions of the track dynamically.
    * Weather conditions are randomized. Forecasts for your race will be available but may not be entirely accurate, just like the real world.
    * Polyphony Digital has helped Red Bull Racing’s Adrian Newey design the X1 Concept – an “ultimate” racing car, free of any technical regulations.
    * Yamauchi admits that, in certain situations – such as standing race starts in the rain with 15 other cars on the screen kicking up spray in front of you – the game may not be able to hold 60FPS. Otherwise, it will strive to hold 60FPS as often as possible.
    * The Volkswagen Kubelwagen, which has a drive system like the first beetle, and the amphibious Volkswagen Schwimmwagen will be in the game.

The bits in bold are interesting.

Gran Turismo 6 has already begun.

2018?

• Advertisement

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    2018?

PS4?

Things I like in Bold.

Also the bit at the end about GT 6 is interesting, I can only assume it means that things they couldnt do for this will make 6 and there will be more detail in 6 I.E. interiors for all cars maybe and potential more tracks and cars, all speculation of course but I doubt we will see GT 6 on the PS3, might have to wait until PS4.

That been said, now they now how to make a newxt gen GT, it could take half as long as they really had to start from scratch with GT 5, so any new game would already have a blue print of GT 5 so we could get a GT 6 on the PS3.

Good information though coming out today.

gavredking wrote: »
    That been said, now they now how to make a newxt gen GT, it could take half as long as they really had to start from scratch with GT 5, so any new game would already have a blue print of GT 5 so we could get a GT 6 on the PS3.

Good information though coming out today.

Yamauchi :
    “You won’t have to wait as long as you did for GT5. GT5 was basically the creation of a whole new operating system, and developing GT6 will be like adding new applications that run on that new operating system.”

http://www.gtplanet.net/gt5s-premium-cars-go-beyond-ps3s-capabilities/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Why can't they release it tommorrow :( i'm so mad for this game right now... there's just so much in it like

it had better live up to expectation

Only six odd weeks to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

If this is as immense as it looks It'll be a definite purchase along with a serious steering wheel.

If this is as immense as it looks It'll be a definite purchase along with a serious steering wheel.

Oh totally, I am going save up for a decent second hand G25 if I can source one or just splash and get the G27. I certainly wont be playing this with a joypad.

www.wheelstandpro.com

Just to ensure you get 100% from your GT5 game. Much cheaper than the full bucket seat builds that you see yet brings all the advantages

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

I'm using my GT Driving Force pro because it's all I can afford :(:( and it has to be able to fit into my college apartment :P day or two off college around the start of November me thinks...

Just hoping these real time adjustments are better than the crap yoke that was in Prologue - I bought this wheel because I though this could be a big factor in the game

I hope I'm not gonna be let down

• Advertisement

Advertisement