Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GT 5

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

****ing hell if they spent more time on the game than on trailers we might ****in have the game by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

Whats the best racing wheel to buy? I have to get one for this game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Logitech G27 apparently but it costs a crazy amount of money. G25 is supposed to be great too.

woah just checked it out that is expensive I nearly could buy a real car for that :eek: They look cool thou.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

Hogzy wrote: »
    www.wheelstandpro.com

Just to ensure you get 100% from your GT5 game. Much cheaper than the full bucket seat builds that you see yet brings all the advantages

+1. it might look expensive for what it is but they're brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Anyone up to try to make a list of all the tracks and cars that have been announced/seen in trailers so far :pac:

Why can't they just tell us all now so we can go and confirm our preorders :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,077 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

This game is going to be epic! Have to splash out for the G27... It wouldn't be right otherwise.

The G27 is €260 on pxmania.ie right now.. Fair tempting!

Is the Logitech G25 better than the 27? Its more expensive than the 27 on Pixmania? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

You can test drive GT5 in the Playstation Hub in South William Street in Dublin.

http://www.rte.ie/ten/2010/0917/blog_gaming_psmove.html

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

ollie1 wrote: »
    Is the Logitech G25 better than the 27? Its more expensive than the 27 on Pixmania? :confused:

Ive used a mates G25 and it was jsut brillant, he has sold it and upgraded to a G27, I have yet to use it but he says its an improvement, break pedal is more like a real break pedal, as in there is more resistance from it, like an actual pedal.

I will be investing in a G27 or G25 for this game anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭-gilly-09-

Have never had a Proper steering wheel like the G27 but looks epic. Have to invest in one soon by the looks of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

I can't wait! http://ps3.nowgamer.com/news/4261/gran-turismo-5-includes-stig-challenges

Pity the stig has been fired, should still be fun though

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭macpac26

Played this today at the PlayStation Hub in town. Handling is fantastic but the visuals were a bit of a let down. Lot of jaggies and some screen tearing. Hopefully it's sorted out before release

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

macpac26 wrote: »
    Played this today at the PlayStation Hub in town. Handling is fantastic but the visuals were a bit of a let down. Lot of jaggies and some screen tearing. Hopefully it's sorted out before release

:eek: Thats worrying if the build you played was a recent one. There's not that long left now until retail, hardly leaving it this long for a major graphics overhaul?

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭macpac26

:eek: Thats worrying if the build you played was a recent one. There's not that long left now until retail, hardly leaving it this long for a major graphics overhaul?

Appeared to be the same demo as the one in Gamescon. Hope its just because its a demo it was like that. The 2 minute limit is so annoying i was racing around the Nurburgring in the 458 and only managed a few corners, the handling is magnificent in professional mode.

Tried the rally stage as well and the change from day to night is amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

I can't see the final version of one of Sony's heavy hitters to have screen tearing and what not. I read somewhere recently that the creator of the game (can never remember his name) said that the game would try to stick with 60FPS and dip lower only under extreme pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

^^^Class video.

Do ye think the prices of steering wheels will go up or down when this is released?
    I want to get the driving force GT but dunno if i should wait till release for some deals or get it at 100 euro now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭~Marky~

This game is going to be epic! Have to splash out for the G27... It wouldn't be right otherwise.

The G27 is €260 on pxmania.ie right now.. Fair tempting!

They put up the price to €319 :( Still tempted to buy it thou.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭seanw7

i think the G25 is mostly the same as the G27... so i dont think it would be worth the money

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

~Marky~ wrote: »
    They put up the price to €319 :( Still tempted to buy it thou.

Do yourself a favour, and don't go near Pixmania.......

If you want a G25/G27 or any other wheel, its worth checking out Adverts, they pop up there quite alot really and at a good reasonable price, im going be watching Adverts anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭cgordonfreeman

I bought a Driving Force GT in Argos yesterday and I'm very impressed for the money. I'm crap with it so far but I can see it being far better than the controller in the long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

I bought a Driving Force GT in Argos yesterday and I'm very impressed for the money. I'm crap with it so far but I can see it being far better than the controller in the long run.

What are the brake pedals like on it?

People on the Overclockers UK forum say they are not responsive say to slight braking.

A guy says he uses some sort of rubber ball cut in two and placed it under the brake pedal to make it more responsive.

Going to need a wheel also for GT5 and i was looking at that one as €100 is the maximum i would spend.

Cheers

moonboy52 wrote: »

People on the Overclockers UK forum say they are not responsive say to slight braking.

A guy says he uses some sort of rubber ball cut in two and placed it under the brake pedal to make it more responsive.

Going to need a wheel also for GT5 and i was looking at that one as €100 is the maximum i would spend.

Cheers

Even the g25 suffers from this problem, the brakes just dont seem to good on it, not when you wont only a small bit of pressure, and the guys who have G25's have solved it by doing the same as mentioned above, a bit of rubber behind the pedal to increase resistenance.

Apparently the G27 has a far better brake pedal then the G25 but I havnt used a G27, I can confirm though that the G25 brake pedal does feel a bit "soft", it seems like its either full on braking or none what so ever.

If you think that your brake pedal is soft, just look up youtube, there is a few guides of how to modify your wheel to attach the rubber.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭cgordonfreeman

moonboy52 wrote: »

Cheers

I've only messed around with it for an hour or so but ya, the brake pedal isn't great. I think it's responsive enough, there just isn't enough resistance. For 100 quid though I think it's good valve.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Anyone else notice Nessie in Trial Mountain?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Hard to miss it when the video zooms in 5 times and its name is wrote on the screen :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 steo2009

looks good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

steo2009 wrote: »
    ha ha good old gta my fav gta still has to be vice city, i still play it now and again.

Think you we may be talking about two different franchises here...

Advertisement