Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GT 5

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 steo2009

Yes sorry made mistake.
    Think you we may be talking about two different franchises here...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

Don't know if this has been posted before, but GT5 is available for preorder in HMV. Preorder is free, and you get 2 "Stealth paint jobs" for the Audi R10 and some other car.

And it's only €45.

Edit: The 2 cars with the stealth paint are the Audi R10 Tdi Stealth Model and the Honda NSX GT500

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Really looking forward to this now, thinking of getting this to complement it

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9004179/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CVideo+games%7C14419738/c_2/2%7Ccat_14419738%7CPS3%7C14419785/c_3/3%7Ccat_14419785%7CPS3+accessories%7C14419800.htm

Would love to get a G25 or G27 but can't justify paying that much, I might try adverts but there is none at the moment!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

giggsy664 wrote: »
    Don't know if this has been posted before, but GT5 is available for preorder in HMV. Preorder is free, and you get 2 "Stealth paint jobs" for the Audi R10 and some other car.

And it's only €45.

I hope they bundle it with a great blu-ray car movie. HMV like to put that down as a preorder bonus on PS3 games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭moonboy52

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

756 Standard Cars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

giggsy664 wrote: »

And it's only €45.

Edit: The 2 cars with the stealth paint are the Audi R10 Tdi Stealth Model and the Honda NSX GT500

put a tenner down on it.
    rizzla wrote: »
    I hope they bundle it with a great blu-ray car movie. HMV like to put that down as a preorder bonus on PS3 games.

true... we had deadrising 2 and zombie land stuck together there with a little zombie figure to go with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

36 more days :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

gavredking wrote: »
    36 more days :pac:
    *Sigh* If only there was a beta so we can experience it first hand. I don't want to wait another month for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I can't wait to get this. A decent wheel might be in order.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

Played the demo version in the Hub there last week, very nice. a wheel will be essential though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

I hope Sony advertise the **** out of this. This will be a massive console seller regardless of a decent advertsing campaign, however add in some big advertising....

*Sigh* If only there was a beta so we can experience it first hand. I don't want to wait another month for it.

35 days :)

Im not to pushed about the waitin at this stage, it has taken so long now I just cant wait to play the actual game, and I am counting in days until i pay iy, not weeks or months like before. :pac:
    Grayditch wrote: »
    I can't wait to get this. A decent wheel might be in order is a must.

FYP - For me a good wheel is essential for the GT experience, its just not the same when using a joypad. I used a wheel for GT 1-3 and was stuck with a joypad for GT4, it was so boring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Whats the best rated wheel for use with the PS3 ? is there an official one or are the 3rd party wheels better ?

If there's not much difference price wise between the GT25 and that Argos one, I might go for that. Anyone know the cheapest place to get a GT25? Can only seem to find the GT27.

If there's not much difference price wise between the GT25 and that Argos one, I might go for that. Anyone know the cheapest place to get a GT25? Can only seem to find the GT27.
    The G27 is the replacement for the G25.

You will struggle to find anew G25 anywhere, best bet is to go for a decent secnod hand G25 or fork out for the new G27. They are steep but every review is favourable for them and I have used the G25 and apparently the G27 is noticeably better, this is from what I read from reviews and from a mate who has currently a G27 and who has owned a G25.

I will be forking out for a G27 anyway, that is the best part about monthly pay, paid about a week before the game is released. :pac:

Argos one it is, so!

Argos one it is, so!

Not a bad choice either, TBH any wheel is better then a joypad IMO.

I'll be avoiding using a joypad anyway, it just doesnt seem right to me, not knocking anyone who cant get a wheel though, im sure ye will enjoy the game just as much :)

Edit : You might be able to pick up a good 2nd hand G25 or G27 for anything between E100-150,try adverts.ie or ebay if you dont fancy the Argos one.

With GT5 coming out soon, trying get a good second hand wheel for cheap will be tough though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

I'm wondering will the release a new official GT5 Wheel when the game launches, the cheaper model discussed was an official wheel for GT5: prologue.

Actually the Thrustmaster Ferrari wheel is €45 quid in Game, here. If it doesn't end up in the attic in the next 35 days I might sell it and upgrade, heh.

• Advertisement

I'm wondering will the release a new official GT5 Wheel when the game launches, the cheaper model discussed was an official wheel for GT5: prologue.

I would doubt it. Not from Logitech anyway. The G27 and the GT fills the two ends of the market nicely.

You never know though :)

There's a GT25 on Adverts for 150, but it might be gone. I might give it another few days to think about it, the GT wheel in Argos looks like the best balance between price and quality.

I am going to get the game before i buy a wheel.

I have never owned one and i am afraid it will go the way of the Logitech joystick i bought.

Sitting on the shelf gathering dust :p.

If it rocks my socks then the GT will be bought. I could not justify the price the G27 and believe me i have tried.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

If anybody is contemplating getting a wheel for this game i would strongly recommend the DFGT. I have the DFGT and a G27, and while the DFGT doesn't have the build quality of the G27, it is still amazing and is perfect for a first wheel. This wheel was made specifically for GT5, so you can't really go wrong!

Does anybody know if the release date was pushed back to Nov 5 over here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭twinsen

it is due to release on 05 november

If anybody is contemplating getting a wheel for this game i would strongly recommend the DFGT. I have the DFGT and a G27, and while the DFGT doesn't have the build quality of the G27, it is still amazing and is perfect for a first wheel. This wheel was made specifically for GT5, so you can't really go wrong!

Does anybody know if the release date was pushed back to Nov 5 over here?

First I heard of this, no stories or info online about it.
    twinsen wrote: »
    it is due to release on 05 november

Source?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

First I heard of this, no stories or info online about it.

its happening
    Source?

me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭Bards

robbie_998 wrote: »
    its happening

me.

Ooooooook :confused:

I'll wait for a confirmation, if your right I hate you :eek: :pac:

Edit : I see the Amazon link, interesting alright. Ill just have to put in for a week off work after the 5th.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Gamestop still showing 3rd November......

Advertisement