Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas songs that dont entice violence?

Options
  • 12-12-2009 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

I'm looking for a very rare thing here, a christmas song that hasn't yet been sucked dry of life by evil b@stard shopping malls, that i can play on guitar this monday.

Anybody?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

"Santa sucked my cock while I slept"

• Registered Users Posts: 41 theirishrover

naw man i heard them playing that one in tesco's..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

bastard tescos...is there nothing sacred.

Oh Holy Night is a nice alternative.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Essentially, you're looking for a Christmas song that doesn't get played at Christmas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Father Christmas by the Kinks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

A Change at Christmas (Say It Isn't So) - The Flaming Lips
    I Want an Alien for Christmas - Fountains of Wayne

• Registered Users Posts: 31,942 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Step Into Christmas - Elton John.

It's not played in the shopping centers much at all but you might get some people who recognise it and might join in. Personally one of my favourite christmas songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,452 ✭✭✭Rigsby

Here is a Christmas song that you never hear on the radio.. or in Tescos. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yibz4xAejos

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Kevin Bacon

River by Joni Mitchell.

Although if don't want everyone who hears it to shoot themselves then don't play it because it's really depressing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

AC/DC - Mistress For Christmas

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Killing in the name - Rage Against the Machine :D

Very festive so it is ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,737 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Everything's Gonna Be Cool This Christmas by Eels.
    Killer tune.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 donkeypop

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Dear Father Christmas by Neil Innes. It's a nice chirpy song that's easily enough to play and is also a bit anti-war.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,662 ✭✭✭dasdog

Advertisement