Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this agood vest?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

the quality will be ok, the newer ebayabnned stuff seems rather nice, i would recommend flyyn or pantac as i;ve always had them and quality is amazing

full plate carriers can be heavy and defiantly hot and to be honest if your just getting into airsoft there not the best option

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

it's good value but as Puding says - not as good quality as Pantac etc. I've bought a number of vests off this seller and they have always been reasonably good and very good value (it's only airsoft afterall).

You dont say what you want from the vest, what type of AEG are you going to use, how big are you etc...

As a starter vest - it's great value and you can always sell it on, if it's not suitable.
    Dont forget you will probably be charged extra customs charges on top of the price - also, expect a wait too...

I have the same vest - I noticed it's not as well made as vests they sold a couple of years ago - cost cutting I guess. Few missed stitches, easy tears/rips already. Reasonably adjustable too.

I have to say I'm very happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Markom5a

Thanks for the replies
    I was looking at several vests/chest rigs on the web and I think the molle vests look the best!
    I want a vest that will be good value for money and will last. I'll be spending about €100

I am currently looking into getting a m4 variant or a galil sar but still undecided!

I'm about 5.10/1 and skinny enough.

Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 14,808 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

I have that exact vest in OD, personally I think it's brilliant, fully adjustable to height and chest size and comes with a fully compliment of pouches. Seems very hard wearing to me and there hasn't been any fraying or tearing of it for me:)

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭AlternateID

Markom5a wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies
    I was looking at several vests/chest rigs on the web and I think the molle vests look the best!
    I want a vest that will be good value for money and will last. I'll be spending about €100

I am currently looking into getting a m4 variant or a galil sar but still undecided!

Thanks again

Best to get out and play a few games, meet other players, see what type of player you want to be. i.e high-cap or mid-caps, speed soft or milsim. Soon enough you'll know what kit to get.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

I'm very happy with mine too. They are a good vest for the money and quality is good despite the bargain price. The good thing about the Molle system is that is easy to customise and swap pouches around to suit your preferences on the day.

I'd be inclined to agree with Puding though - they have a tendancy to 'overheat' you, even in cold weather. They are quite heavy although the weight is well distributed so it feels a lot heavier in your hand than it does when you are wearing it (if that makes any sense!).

Don't feel you need to rush into buying a vest if you are only starting off. The chances are you don't have near enough equipment to fill all the pouches anyway and you will find that your needs change as you accumulate more gear and you may realise a few weeks down the road that something else may have suited better. As Defenderdude said though, you can always sell it on.

Also, if you are out at a skirmish, don't be afraid to approach other players and ask questions about their kit - most are only too happy to talk about their gear and it's a good idea to try different ones on to see do they suit your build / requirements / hairstyle / current version of COD:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭moggser

actuallly i have that exact vest and its a good quality vest and well worth the money for it i am happy with it

only draw back is the mag pouchs are a little tight for gettin two mags in but other then that ive nothing bad to say about it

Wow thanks for all the replies really appreciate it. I think i'll take the advice and wait a bit. Hopefully I might see some of ye out on the field!!
    Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Markom5a wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies

Thanks again

You may have problems... I'm about your size, and I find those vests far too bulky. Oh, wearable, but a little much when its just for pouches, not actual plates and soft armour. Best bet is have a look at www.uktactical.co.uk lots of molle chest rigs that keep you cool and look it too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Firekitten wrote: »
    You may have problems... I'm about your size, and I find those vests far too bulky. Oh, wearable, but a little much when its just for pouches, not actual plates and soft armour. Best bet is have a look at www.uktactical.co.uk lots of molle chest rigs that keep you cool and look it too :)
    Link doesn't work for me :(

EDIT: www.uktactical.com

• Advertisement

Cheers lefty... i'm no good when I wake up ><

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

You're only awake now?

I hate you...

Thanks firekitten have been looking for that site for ages! Think I'll wait first though! Thanks again

Leftyflip wrote: »
    You're only awake now?

I hate you...
    You don't work nights in clubs :P

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Spooky-Vinny

can you put a picture of you up wearing it? i would like to see how it is on please, if you dont mind!
    xXx

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

can you put a picture of you up wearing it? i would like to see how it is on please, if you dont mind!
    xXx

Certainly, I'm sure defenderdude wouldn't mind modelling it for you ...

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Spooky-Vinny

still waiting for that picture guys lol =p
    xXx

Advertisement