Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spike VGAs 2009

Options
  • 12-12-2009 7:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭

Just to remind everyone the 2009 Video Game Awards are starting in less than 2 hours and you can see 'em live here. Apart from the awards there's gonna be first gameplay looks at upcoming games like Crackdown 2,Halo Reach and the next star wars game.

Personally, I'm looking forward to see what Halo Reach looks like. I also hope Assassins Creed 2 wins game of the year. :)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,434 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Spike's Awards are a bit crap. I wouldn't be surprised if MW2 runs away with some very undeserving awards. Demons Souls should run away with most of it in a perfect world with special mention to Persona 4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Leprachaun

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Spike's Awards are a bit crap. I wouldn't be surprised if MW2 runs away with some very undeserving awards. Demons Souls should run away with most of it in a perfect world with special mention to Persona 4.

Still,not complaining about the gameplay footage of halo reach. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Couldnt give a crap about the awards themselves, just bring on the ****storm of game reveals tonight.

The main event has kicked off and Batman : Arkham Asylum 2 was just announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Anyone else watching this? I really should be in bed... Can't believe AC2 beat U2 for adventure action.

• Advertisement

Uncharted 2 wins GOTY, there is a god.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Batman AA2.
    That was the big reveal? A sequel to a well-received licensed game is a GIVEN, not a secret.

I wonder what way they'll go with that, they couldnt have it in AA again :confused:

An open world of Gotham to explorer in the Batmobile and the likes to the standard of AA1 would be awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Clips of new Medal of Honour and Batman games.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

New UFC too. I knew it was comin though, Joe Rogan can't keep his mouth shut on his twitter.

The cage being used in the game though is a huge addition, can't wait.

I haven't even checked the results yet, just the reveals, really show's how throwaway they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Ciaran500 wrote: »

I thought that looked very disappointing, it looks like they're trying to turn the game into Crackdown meets L4D with Halo/Crysis character models and Far Cry monsters/zombies.

Looks like a boring mess

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Batman AA2.
    That was the big reveal? A sequel to a well-received licensed game is a GIVEN, not a secret.

As well as Star Wars : The Force Unleashed 2, a Tron Racing game, a new Medal of Honour game and some new videos for Halo Reach and Crackdown 2.

Here's the Halo Reach video btw : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8beGkGCXucY

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

I thought that looked very disappointing, it looks like they're trying to turn the game into Crackdown meets L4D with Halo/Crysis character models and Far Cry monsters/zombies.

Looks like a boring mess
    :confused:

The monsters/zombies are from the first game and player models are very similar to the first game except they have helmets on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Ciaran500 wrote: »
    :confused:

The monsters/zombies are from the first game and player models are very similar to the first game except they have helmets on.

The monsters/zombies were a tiny part of the first game whereas in that trailer they are swarming everywhere and the character models (in the trailer) seem very different from the first game. In the first game they were very cyberpunk but there they seem generic suited commando figures. At 00:42 in the trailer it's looks to me like crysis nanosuits and at 00:18 I'm pretty sure i've seen green armour like that in another MS franchise.

Also I don't like the way almost every scene in the trailer is of the co-op game which i have zero interest in.

Just my 2 cents though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Looks like a boring mess

Looks fricking awesome to me!
    Any game that allows you to throw a car at a bunch of zombies is an instant classic in my book.
    They seem to be pushing 4 player coop as well, I'd imagine that will be fantastic fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

I was looking forward to the Sith Master Edition, But now this is coming out! :cool:

Ah you can't get much better than a tiny man with a physically impossilbe to build light saber taking on a massive goliath of a beast...

Ah i love The Foce Unleashed :D

Advertisement