Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Selling a crashed car - How much should I ask for?

• 12-12-2009 7:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Hope this is the right place to post! I have a fiat punto that was crashed recently. I was told that to repair it would cost almost as much (about 1K) as I would get if I was to sell it and I've been thinking about getting rid of it anyway so I am wondering how much I could\should ask for it for parts?

It's got damage to the front and the radiator is broken but the engine itself runs perfectly and apart from the front and the bonnet I think the other panels are all fine.. Possibly one of the front side panels is slightly bent but I'm not sure to look at it to be honest.

So any thoughts on a reasonable price to ask for it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Stick it up on adverts "for parts" and see what you can get for the bits over time. If you sell the whole thing you'll get less than if you sell the parts (my guess), but you'll have it sitting outside the house ages.

Or buy another one with a seized engine and use this for parts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Gambler

Hehe the wife would kill me if I left it out the front selling it in bits and pieces! :)

Don't think I'd have the skills to swap the engine over either and again having two cars out the front being repaired again would run into the ole' wife issue :)

Advertisement