Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Public Service Recruitment Ban

Options
  • 12-12-2009 7:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭

How many years before its lifted?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

Good Q, I'm not sure if I heard of an official line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Tawny

I'd imagine there is no offical line, it will be whenever the government either has no choice or can afford it. I just wonder what other people are thinking. Im thinking 5 years ish?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

Could be as soon as two, IMO. Though on a limited scale.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Grudaire

They're already lifting the Army recruitment ban afaik.

Everyone'll jump ship with the change to the pension coming in next year. I'd say that the complete recruitment freeze'll be gone by the end of next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,253 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I don't like recruitment freezes as a means of cutting expenditure. It's using a sledgehammer where a scalpel is called for and, given that the reductions gained through it will either be those retiring (i.e. the most experienced) or the capable staff who can find work elsewhere.

IMHO, it should be removed immediately and replaced with a root and branch analysis of organisational structure and the employees in each position. Also to include a review of each organisation's purpose, benefit to the taxpayer and affordability.

• Advertisement
Advertisement