Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M50 traffic

Options
  • 12-12-2009 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi,
    I am thinking of moving to Ballinteer but wondered what the current situation on the M50 motorway is like and will it improve significantly when it is fully completed? Also if anyone knows when they intend charging per amount of road used?

I will be travelling from Ballinteer to M1 junction at about 8 am and returning to Ballinteer at about 4.30/ 5pm.

Thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

paddins wrote: »
    Hi,
    I am thinking of moving to Ballinteer but wondered what the current situation on the M50 motorway is like and will it improve significantly when it is fully completed? Also if anyone knows when they intend charging per amount of road used?

I will be travelling from Ballinteer to M1 junction at about 8 am and returning to Ballinteer at about 4.30/ 5pm.

Thanks.

Never. Only the Westlink section is ever going to be tolled under current plans.

Traffic will improve when all the upgrades are complete but its not going to end up being 100% freely flowing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Niall F

I travel SB in the mornings (from J9) through to J16. Coming on at J13 going NB at 8am would be heavy enough until Firhouse/Tallaght (J12/11). Would suspect 15 mins for that stretch. After that, certainly free enough. But I hope someone else can add on from J9 through to M1 to give you a better indication of what to expect.
    I don't know about coming back that early but I'd imagine it would be free enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

Moved from the Infrastructure forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

paddins wrote: »
    Also if anyone knows when they intend charging per amount of road used?

That was only mentioned around the time of removing the toll, but thats all it was, haven't heard it mentioned since

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Maldini2706

On a standard day (without accidents or incidents) You'll get slight delays on both journeys, but nothing worth avoiding. Maybe 15-20 minutes more than a 2am journey

• Advertisement
Advertisement