Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Structure for club league

Options
  • 12-12-2009 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭

Anyone got an equitable / fair structure for running a club league that has different tournament structures, blind level times, different buy in amounts etc.

It strikes me as been wrong that the winner of a 10 runner tournament gets the same number of points as the winner of a 60 runner event. Having said that the 10 runner event would have had a far more expensive buy in & the standard would be far higher................

There must be a simple formula out there..................

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭fatguy

You could look at Big Iain's Irish Poker Rankings formula. AFAIK he uses a logarithmic scale based on the number of runners and the buyin, and is very reasonable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭robinblinds

pm sent Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I've always been a fan of the Pokerstars Leaderboard Calculator. Calculates points based on buyin and number of players. The link that I supplied is also very easy to use which makes setting it up a doddle! You'd need a lot of runners for it to award points to all of the final table though which would be one obvious criticism I'd have over it (given most tournaments would be between 20-50 players.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭BIG-SLICK-POKER

kakak1 wrote: »
    Anyone got an equitable / fair structure for running a club league that has different tournament structures, blind level times, different buy in amounts etc.

It strikes me as been wrong that the winner of a 10 runner tournament gets the same number of points as the winner of a 60 runner event. Having said that the 10 runner event would have had a far more expensive buy in & the standard would be far higher................

There must be a simple formula out there..................

I use the one form poker stars for the Ladbrokes IPT works well

Advertisement