Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jerky

Options
  • 12-12-2009 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭

Anyone know an online place that does good jerky and delivers to Ireland for a reasonable amount. I've always loved the idea of a chewy meat based snack and wanted to have some. Can't find any in the shops in Cork though, but I figure there must be somewhere online that delivers.

Or does anyone that indulges in jerky have recommendations on what type I should get. I know the Americans can take their varieties very seriously.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

This site sells it, I never got it though, post is £5 to Ireland up to 26kg, discount code in my sig
    http://www.myprotein.co.uk/mp-max/foods/beef-jerky-(50g)/

shops on ebay also sell it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

There's a shop in a town in kildare... *checks map* kilcock. There was a south african shop there that sold it, I know cause a friend from SA went out there one day to buy a ton of it. I've been meaning to check the SA shop in galway to see if they have any. They call it billtong but its basically the same thing afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

As well as myprotein as rubadub suggested, you can buy direct from wild west jerky:
    http://www.wildwestjerky.co.uk/shop.htm

and afaik there is no additional charge for P&P for orders over £25 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭foodaholic

I got my bf a taster box for christmas last year from www.wildwestjerky.co.uk really nice. Worth a try

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Buceph

Cheers everyone. I won't get any before Christmas, at this point, so I'll give it a go after I get sick of turkey, ham and spiced beef.

There's a shop in a town in kildare... *checks map* kilcock. There was a south african shop there that sold it, I know cause a friend from SA went out there one day to buy a ton of it. I've been meaning to check the SA shop in galway to see if they have any. They call it billtong but its basically the same thing afaik.

Be careful not to say that around people from South Africa, you might end up with an earful about how biltong is not jerky. I made the mistake one time. Of course you might know nicer South Africans.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

You're right of course but to me they're both dried meat. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Buceph wrote: »

Be careful not to say that around people from South Africa, you might end up with an earful about how biltong is not jerky. I made the mistake one time. Of course you might know nicer South Africans.

True they aren't identical. The main difference us that billtong uses vinegar abd no sugar.

billtong is better than jerky imo, good jerky appears to to 50% protein.
    Biltong is 66%

That said, when I buy it I call it jerky

Advertisement