Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Join my fake petition on FA celebration ruling.

• 12-12-2009 8:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭

what grinds my gears is when a player gets booked for celebrating a goal , which can lead to said player getting sent off , if your a true football fan you dont even want to see that happen to the opposition . so heres my proposal.

if a player leaves the grass of play and takes his shirt off . its a booking.
    if a player stays on the grass of play and takes his shirt off , it shall be deemed as positve reaction to scoring

so what do you all think .lets do something and see will anybody listen
    vote for what FA rule you think is for the good of the game.

sign my fake petition

players should not be booked for celebrating on grass of play 13 votes

yes bring rule in
    0%
    ah no its grand
    100%
    Mossy MonkMars BarGO'SreverandkenjamiSupermanscatcurry-muffJam-FlyCHDcallaway92Dues Bellator 1mcampo1Max Power13hn2givr7mx1sc 13 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

Terribly misleading poll options. picked wrong one by accident.

You should not get booked for taking off a shirt or anything silly like that. Players get caught up in the emotions of the game, and do it without thinking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

You should not get booked for taking off a shirt or anything silly like that.

Unless you're Ryan Giggs.

article-1174254-04B4DDB6000005DC-156_306x434.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I think it's wrong that players are stopped from taking their shirts off if they score. I no longer attend women's football matches as a result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I think it's wrong that players are stopped from taking their shirts off if they score. I no longer attend women's football matches as a result.

Sure can't they still swap jersies after the match.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

ah no its grand
    No they shouldn't be booked for taking off their shirts...some of those pecs, yummy! :D

Of course, I don't expect too many thanks here...Sarah? Where are you?! :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

I signed your fake petition with a fake name, does that count? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭blindpilot

Must........read.........things............properly. I've voted wrongly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Feck sake! I voted wrong too!

I think that booking a player for removing their shirt is an absolutely ridiculous rule that should be scrapped.

I still remember the time Arjen Robben was booked (2nd yellow) for removing his shirt celebrating a goal against Sunderland, a goal that more or less guaranteed Chelsea the league title with one more victory. It was so terrible. The man had more or less won the league for his team with that goal and suddenly he's off! Sick.

It is one of the stupidest rules; it does nothing to harm other players, is not indecent in any way and is not an affront to anything. The FA would want to get a grip and change this rule

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

ah no its grand
    No one should be booked for any type of celebration after a goal. One of the best examples of this, imo, is Federico Macheda for United last year against Villa. A teenager comes on as a sub to make his senior debut for one of the biggest clubs in the world, scores an absolute wonder-goal in the dying minutes to win the game, which was an important game and he runs to the crowd to celebrate with his family and he's booked for it, ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,432 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Was actually thinking something similar after seeing Kaboul sent off today. I mean the guy rescues a point for his team in the 93rd minute and gets sent off for celebrating. I was very disappointed with Steve Bennett(not sure if I've the right name?) who is usually a good ref.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,109 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

[devils advocate]
    Regardless of how stupid the rule is, they all know it exists and I don't think for a second any of them forget it "in the heat of the moment". I mean, why the fuk is taking off your shirt such a 'natural reaction' to scoring a goal!? When I do something good at work, I never get the urge to start stripping down. And tbh even when I do score a good goal in a match, in that context, I've never felt that urge...
    [/devils advocate]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

ah no its grand
    if its a bit confusing , i apologise , it was put up post pub and i was a bit p*ssed , as uncle bryn would say its just a bit of fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

Liam O wrote: »
    Was actually thinking something similar after seeing Kaboul sent off today. I mean the guy rescues a point for his team in the 93rd minute and gets sent off for celebrating. I was very disappointed with Steve Bennett(not sure if I've the right name?) who is usually a good ref.

Not the refs fault to be fair, he's just enforcing the rules.

Advertisement