Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just-Eat.ie

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

Basquille ,who offered the discount code ?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,923 ✭✭✭✭Basq

yoshytoshy wrote: »
    Basquille ,who offered the discount code ?
    O2.ie - use 'TREATS11' on checkout for €5 off.

Can only be used once per account AFAIK.. so mine's gone to good use! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

basquille wrote: »
    O2.ie - use 'TREATS11' on checkout for €5 off.

Can only be used once per account AFAIK.. so mine's gone to good use! :rolleyes:

Cheers ,I've never used the site myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Just-Eat.ie

Basquille, please email me directly james@just-eat.ie with your order number so I can investigate this for you and offer more information as to what happened with your specific order.

People like using our website as oppossed to the phone for a number of reasons:
    * No need to phone into noisy restaurants with potential language barriers
    * Accountability of profesionalism and quality via our ratings service
    * Loyalty rewards for repeat purchasing
    * Opportunity to pay by either cash or card (most independents are unable to take card). We are currently implementing Laser for the New Year which will also to give users greater choice

I accept that occassionally things can go wrong, but I assure you I take customer experience very seriously, and our success rate of orders is well over 95%.

We also invite feedback openly, whether its postive or negative. We are striving to offer the best online takeaway service possible, not just to be better than the competition, but to be quite simply the best, and that requires hard work and attention on our side to get there.

Kind regards,

James

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

Everyone makes errors at some stage - its how companys deal with errors is how I would judge them and in this case they have dealt with it as well as they can. Immediate refund & apology and assurance that it will be investigated to ensure it never happens again.

A for the concept, it great. How many times have you tried to find the takeaway menu, or have an old one that is out of date, or are on a trip somewhere and want to get some takeaway food rather than go to a restaurant? - or arrive at 10pm in a hotel after a long journey, tired & hungry and find that if you're lucky all they can make for you is a hang sangwich.

The last scenario is probably the best reason to have an accoiunt with them!:D

Just-Eat.ie - you can pm me a voucher for the advert :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

mcaul wrote: »
    Everyone makes errors at some stage - its how companys deal with errors is how I would judge them and in this case they have dealt with it as well as they can. Immediate refund & apology and assurance that it will be investigated to ensure it never happens again.

A for the concept, it great. How many times have you tried to find the takeaway menu, or have an old one that is out of date, or are on a trip somewhere and want to get some takeaway food rather than go to a restaurant? - or arrive at 10pm in a hotel after a long journey, tired & hungry and find that if you're lucky all they can make for you is a hang sangwich.

The last scenario is probably the best reason to have an accoiunt with them!:D

Just-Eat.ie - you can pm me a voucher for the advert :D:D:D

I agree with Mcaul, business do make mistakes, particularly new companies, whose reputation basically lies in the hands of a third party, who will never have the same drive or passion as James has in just-eat, it's the way it dealt with says a lot about him, fair play, I've never used just-eat but I'll give it a try now after seeing how you (James) dealt with the (fairly damning) customer complaint.
    I've used a similar system in San Francisco it works brilliantly. I tend to use the same place every time I order, I like the idea of having loads of restaurants on the one site so I can try out different places.

I've had numerous bad experiences with my local chinese, mainly food arriving late and cold, with never an apology or discount for my inconvenience.

Customer service leaves a lot to be desired in Ireland, the yanks take it very seriously, as a result you rarely get let down over there, so I applaud Just-eat for trying to raise the bar a little, good luck with the business.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,923 ✭✭✭✭Basq

James at JustEat.ie got back to me immediately with a very satisfactory response and although I was very angry on Saturday night, I do regret coming on here and outright blasting them.

I have now requested the title be changed to a less harsher one as I do feel it was un-necessary to blast as they do seem to be quite efficient, and not to mention their customer support in James are some of the better I've dealt with in recent times.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Although I've not dealt with the company fair fecks to them coming on to boards.ie and trying to sort the complaint

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Nicely done James , A perfect response !

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

basquille - thread title edited.

Many thanks to James from Just-Eat for taking the time to come on here and help a poster. Your replies are informative and helpful. If you are going to stay on Boards and post regularly as a commercial representative, you may wish to talk to Boards management about arranging an official presence.

dudara

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Fair play to ya.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Does he not have a right of reply to precisely this sort of thread without 'arranging' a commercial presence Dudara ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Bazzy

Fair is fair james i've never used your service but will certainly give it a try you've certainly answered the op's query

Not many MD's would offer there email on a public forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭CutzEr

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Does he not have a right of reply to precisely this sort of thread without 'arranging' a commercial presence Dudara ??
    He does, he just couldn't advertise (making threads) all about like jamie did with dragonica :P

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Sponge Bob wrote: »

sponge bob - I have no problem with him posting on an ad-hoc, intermittent basis, just as he did here.

However, as I stated, if he is going to continue to do so on a more commercial basis, then I'd urge him to contact the Boards management.

dudara

Advertisement