Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New elite - faulty power button

• 12-12-2009 9:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭

I bought a new elite from Amazon and I noticed the power button is not as responsive as my old 20gb. As soon as I took it out of the box, the only way to power the console off is by using the controller and I have to push the power button five or six times quite hard in for it to power on. I guess the button is faulty, is this common with elites?

I kind of regret not paying that little bit extra and buying it locally now.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

How is it without the faceplate, it could be that that's dodgy?

I've a different faceplate on my Premium and have a similar problem with the power button, it doesn't seem to push in very far etc. but it's fine with the original one...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

I took it off earlier and it made no difference. Tbh the 360 is such a faulty console that I may as well try to get a new replacement from Amazon during their 28 day return policy period. Otherwise I reckon they'll tell me to contact MS if it gets worse in the next few months.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 122 ✭✭The Aviator

I recently purchased an elite too, I noticed the power button is a little stiffer than my older xboxes but i dont have to press if 5 times like you do, the best you could do i take off the faceplate (This does not void your warranty) and check and see if there is anything blocking the mechanism. if it is faulty you could try post it back to amazon and get a replacement. This is why i would never purchase an Xbox 360 on the internet, as you never know what might go wrong with them. I have went through 3 faulty xbox 360's all of which were replaced and refunded by Gamestops 1 year guarantee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Best thing to do is get a replacement from amazon. Alternatively you can use the controller to power the console on and off.

Advertisement