Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Educational Psychology 2010

• 12-12-2009 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi there :)
    I want to go for the Educational Psychology interview in UCD this year. From reading some of the posts, it seems the interview process involves reviewing a journal article, making a presentation and finally sitting a group interview, if you are lucky enough to get that far!!! Is that correct?
    Does anyone know what the presentation should be about? Ed. Psych related, right?!?!? :confused:And in what kind of format, Powerpoint??? :confused:
    And is it true you need a masters in Psychology to get into UCD?
    I'm currently working as a primary teacher (2 years) and have a degree in Psychology from UCC. I've a few years experience caring for children with disablities and a few weeks experience of teaching in a special needs school among other stuff.
    Any info would be great!:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 beautyqueen1979

Hey, I'm not at UCD but I'm on the QUB Ed Psych course, and the interview sounds pretty similar. If it's anything like QUB, the journal article will be related in some respect to educational psychology and we had to produce a short presentation on that. We also had a presentation based on a case study. Not sure about UCD, but we just had to use overheads/flipcharts for the presentation because of the time constraints.

Good luck :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Bertee

hi,
    i've done both interviews (queens and ucd). found ucd easier. the process used by ucd in recent years is to scan all applications to see who meets the basic requirements. these people are called to ucd as a group. each person is given a journal article that relates to educational psychology and roughy two hours to read and then produce a written critique of it. performance at this stage, combined with your original application, will decide if you get called to the presentation/interview stage. if you're called to the next stage you'll be given the topic on which you'll have to prepare an 8 minute presentation (powerpoint is optional). you'll start your interview by making your presentation and that will be followed by a thirty minute personal/professional interview.
    sounds like you would definitely be called to the first stage, and i would advise that you practice reading and critquing articles within a time limit in the meantime.
    best of luck!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 RosieSea

Thanks very much for that guys. It's great to have something to work towards. :D:D
    Just a few more things, what kind of a critique are they looking for? Things like flaws in the research method, the type of research method used???? :confused: Sorry, it's been ages since I've read a journal article, so it's all a bit foggy.

Advertisement