Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SANTA IN LIMERICK

Options
  • 12-12-2009 10:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

is santa in the crescent this year??or anywhere in limerick?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,310 ✭✭✭✭phog

Yes and I think there is one in Castletroy SC.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭DBIreland

phog wrote: »
    Yes and I think there is one in Castletroy SC.

The one in Castletroy SC (Superquinn SC) is free as far as I know. You need to bring your own camera if you want photos. There is a free present too.

Seems too good to be true but thats what the signs out there say.

Open 12-6 everyday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

miders wrote: »
    is santa in the crescent this year??or anywhere in limerick?

Avoid the Santa setup in The Crescent - I attended the arrival and in my opinion the empahsis is on cheap, and nasty - spin your profits cynically while keeping your own spend at under €7. I posted on this at the time - quoted below :mad:
    Raiser wrote: »
    Thanks for that Carol - I actually ended up going down there for 1pm as did lots of other People who were led to believe that Santa was going to arrive by Helicopter and it would be an enjoying and amusing spectacle for the Kids.

- Of course having Santa arrive by Helicopter and creating a Christmas atmosphere etc. not only entertains the Kids but also brings in an awful lot of extra Shoppers to The Crescent who would have otherwise been elsewhere. In other words its worth a small fortune in retail terms.

Which is why I was a bit sickened and disgusted when 'Santa' showed up in the cheapest, oldest, must unconvincing Santa suit and crappy beard, on his own unless you count 3 Security Guards as being 'Christmassy'.

All the Parents and Kids got the biggest Christmas surprise of all though when the Helicopter was magically replaced by a black car.

Santa waved at the Kids and walked into the Crescent to start the Christmas extortion season in earnest. No music, no Elves, no Balloons - No few sweets handed out to the disappointed Kids.

Ho, Ho, Cheap, Cynical Gobshítes........ A profitable Christmas for whoever is raking in the ca$h at that Grubby Grotto this year - they've lost my interest......

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭pinkfloyd34

me and the kids were looking for him in the crescent today, he is not up where he normally is near heatons or under the stairs to the carpark so we didnt find him or is he just there weekends?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭donutheadhomer

me and the kids were looking for him in the crescent today, he is not up where he normally is near heatons or under the stairs to the carpark so we didnt find him or is he just there weekends?
    he is down in the creche

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 chicca

For a full list of where Santa is in Limerick City and County
    check here

http://limerick.mykidstime.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1948

Chicca

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

I went to the one in Buttercup farm last year had a really nice time a bit muddy mind but it was nice and relaxing spent good couple of hours there , my advice is to stay away from crescent and go there

Advertisement