Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

s**t the bed, 5850's in stock on komplett...!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

uberpixie wrote: »
    http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=498316

x44 in stock... seemingly.... @ €277

HAHA
    They have had stock the last 2 weeks as it happens but what can i say, the Sapphire where 344e so wow,
    there trying to compete all of a sudden?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

game4it70 wrote: »
    HAHA
    They have had stock the last 2 weeks as it happens but what can i say, the Sapphire where 344e so wow,
    there trying to compete all of a sudden?

never even noticed they were in stock myself till tonight, but the price of under €300 surprised me considering their very uncompetitive pricing recently for the 58XX series.

Guess someone in komplett listened to all the (well justified) moaning about their prices :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Komplett-Tech: Ryan

As we (Komplett) stated time and time again. As soon as the stock becomes more available the price will come down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

but you still fail to compete in price and delivery costs (and time) with the UK sites. You lost me to ebuyer etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

but you still fail to compete in price and delivery costs (and time) with the UK sites. You lost me to ebuyer etc.

Well the uk sites have been good of late. Due to the big fact that the pound is weak.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

BadCharlie wrote: »
    Well the uk sites have been good of late. Due to the big fact that the pound is weak.

they deliver quicker to the north west then dublin based compagnies aswell, the courier from dublin comes twice a week, from UK any day! don't ask me why but it just is. Postage always has been cheaper then the likes of Komplett.

Ordered a telly from UK, delivery charge Komplett: €160, UK £30 doesn't matter if pound is cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

BadCharlie wrote: »

Soz but that makes no sense... :(

If the pound is weak then their buying power is reduced just as much as their selling power increase.

The only real bargains that were available due the decrease in value of the pound were available a couple of weeks immediately after the first major drop in its value. The time when they were still selling their old stock bought with the high priced pound.

If we can point to anything it would be their lower rate of VAT, but then you have to consider our considerably lower rate of corporation tax. And then wages would be higher here... and so forth You could go on forever.

It would be interesting to know though, if there is any Irish retailer(not just tech) that competes on price on an international lvl... Anybody know one?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

@ darealtulip : Sorry i did not see the point about delivery cost. I agree to that point,i bought a TV's from komplett before and the postage was shocking around the 200 mark if i remember.

@ Effluo : But as currencies goes i have made a nice saving when buying computer parts when the UK pound is weak. They do not put the prices up right away but can take weeks to do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

[QUOTE=BadCharlie;63486190
    @ Effluo : But as currencies goes i have made a nice saving when buying computer parts when the UK pound is weak. They do not put the prices up right away but can take weeks to do this.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I know

"The only real bargains that were available due the decrease in value of the pound were available a couple of weeks immediately after the first major drop in its value. The time when they were still selling their old stock bought with the high priced pound."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

As we (Komplett) stated time and time again. As soon as the stock becomes more available the price will come down.

Tis good to see all the same, your prices were not very competitive compared to other websites.

And as you are well aware: online customers are very mercenary when it comes to price to say the very least!

Still I was very surprised to see 5850s in stock to such a degree: x44 pieces which is a very healthy level to have before Christmas.

• Advertisement
Advertisement