Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grey Partridge ?

• 13-12-2009 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi folks, is anyone seeing Grey Partridge out there?
    Not red-legs or pheasant, just our own little grey.
    I saw a couple on the Carlow/Wexford border, but that was over a year ago.
    I know the Grey partridge guys in Offaly (who are doing a brilliant job) say they look after the only remaining true breeding coveys but surely there must be a few positive sighting?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

Not for a long time. Friend shot one last year in clonmel. Didn't know we had French /red legs here.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 tomahawk101

There has been tthousands of red legs released, and I have seen them here in Carlow with young chicks so they definitely have bred in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

Not for a long time. Friend shot one last year in clonmel. Didn't know we had French /red legs here.

I think your friend must have shot one released by a gun club?? Dont think the irish grey partridge has got as far as Clonmel yet.

Heres a thread
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055762394

Advertisement