Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Novanetworks.ie HomeMAX

• 13-12-2009 12:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

hi there...

I was wondering... anybody here from the Cork area have experience with the HomeMAX 5M package from Novanetworks.ie? I am about to be fed up with Eirecom, BT and Vodafone and the likes...

Something to dream about...

My brother in Hamburg, Germany has just received his fiber optics bb line. 100/7Mb line. At every time of the day he can download with approx 12 MB/s and uploads with about 760kB/s... (if the servers can provide that speed of course) NO data limit, no contention ratio... all for just 29.90 a month.

I just hope that internet in Ireland will soon evolve beyond what I call "3rd world / development country" internet service... I mean it is a shame that they offer no "real" flat-rates here and have you pay way too much for the ****ty service they provide... :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

I was a customer of nova's for a year or so before moving to Dublin. It was one of the older products (1 or 2mbit symmetric if I recall) but there were no issues. There was the odd bit of downtime but it never really lasted long. Always got the speed I paid for. I got it mainly for the upload, at that time the only thing available was a 128k upload from eircom or other bitstream operators.

Id say go for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 GauchoMarx

Thanks for the info... I will see what happens till Tuesday and then give them a call. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Got them in thursday downloading a torrent Dexter 555 down 107 up.Yeah it's good

Advertisement