Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue with Play.com

Options
  • 13-12-2009 1:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭

First of all if I'm in the wrong forum move this thread or tell me how to move it. I'm new to these sections and normally stick to the boyish areas(sports, computer games)

I'm not a regular online shopper and have since and before bought succesfully and easily from play but seeing as I've never seen bad reviews I thought I'd throw this out there for anyone worried or incase someone had similar problems.

Around this time last year I ordered a t-shirt on sale from play. At €5 inc. delivery I thought it was a steal and ordered. I ordered it from someone elses account and gave them money so didn't know whether or not a shipment e-mail had been sent.

A few days after I ordered the item was no longer for sale on the site. The payment went through but the item was never shipped. I tried to get in contact but all no e-mails were replied. I couldn't get in contact with them in any way and several e-mails were ignored. I thought this was worth saying as they took the money but never sent the item which is very bad, especially for such a renowned, popular site. In a way the lack of responses annoyed me more than not getting the item. I eventually gave up. I find it unbelievable that such a large business would have such awful customer service in comparison to others I've dealt with (apple, microsoft to name a few).

Also, on a lesser note my sister bought me a present more than a month in advance but it didn't arrive until after christmas. Thought I'd warn anyone intending on buying presents from there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Call the credit card company and request a chargeback. They can return the money to your account if you've tried to contact Play without success (as you have here).

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Did you email them directly. or did the emails come from the account of the person who placed the order? They may have a policy of responding only to registered email accounts in order to prevent fraud.

Did you check the order status online? Did it say it had been despatched?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

It seems the OP is talking about last year. This should be moved to the thread for best and worst experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Chewabacca

It seems the OP is talking about last year. This should be moved to the thread for best and worst experience.

As stated I have no problem moving to another area, I just thought that this might be the correct place. Just tell me how and I'll do it.

Advertisement