Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D4RK ONION's photo shop

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

jumpguy wrote: »
    No need to all secretive bobbo... :P

It's quite bland, I didn't think it was worth posting in the thread. :p

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

John and edward? :pac:
    I hope this request wasnt forgotten about :)
    I want to see how it turns out!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

Jay P wrote: »
    Will you make me a pink floyd sig please :)
    Couldn't help myself with this one:

FLOYD

Boards pink sucks.Do you use Photoshop?[posh] or GIMP2 [free]?

Also,can you make a sig incorporating Ninja's Ginja's and a cow[preferably ginger]?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

FLOYD

Also,can you make a sig incorporating Ninja's Ginja's and a cow[preferably ginger]?

You didn't even pick the pink colour!

But in the UCC express, one of the costume ideas for /halloween was to dress up in Pink and have a sign saying Floyd, so you'd be Pink Floyd! I liked that idea.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

FLOYD

I spit on the GIMP, PhotoShop CS3 All the way babz!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    I spit on the GIMP, PhotoShop CS3 All the way babz!

You'll have to let me know where I can get that software, I've been meaning to get it for ages now. Then you can give me free tutorials! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭syncosised

Like anyone would every pay that much for it. What you want is this! :p

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Much better G, but still a bit pricey! Oh well...

Twas a joke ;) I'll help you "get it" next time I see you.

• Advertisement

I'll help you "get it" next time I see you.

:eek:

Anyhoo, how's abouts that lovely image I ordered asked politely for :)

That's actually class ----^

A.W.E.S.O.M.E.! :D

Jako8 wrote: »
    You can make me a music related sig.

Nothing specific, just use your imagination.
    Sometimes, it can take ONION a while to deliver, but when he does, you know it's going to be good. Particularly proud of this one :D

attachment.php?attachmentid=105388&stc=1&d=1266372340

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

Sometimes, it can take ONION a while to deliver, but when he does, you know it's going to be good. Particularly proud of this one :D

attachment.php?attachmentid=105388&stc=1&d=1266372340

Holy hole in a dohnut.

Teh Onion has delievered. :cool:

Onion ALWAYS delivers... :cool:
    Warning, Onion sometimes does not deliver

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭hitlersson666

Could you make me a sig that incorparates a puppy,hitler(if possible) and a guitar as well as boobies!!! thanks

I has a photoshop :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

I'll take ya to the photo shop!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

I have photoshop....even if I can't install it :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Can I has sig?

With neon circles on it. As in, glowing neon circles of various neon colours

it would then of course have to have neoncircles written on it too

kthxbai :)

The Onion likes you so much that he has made you two sigs so that you can choose which one you like the most!

Exhibit A: A carefully arranged series of Neon circles which are both fun to look at and fun to make!
    attachment.php?attachmentid=105495&stc=1&d=1266453479

Exhibit B: Totally not the exact same as exhibit A only with some perspective transformation... *coughes*
    attachment.php?attachmentid=105496&stc=1&d=1266453479

Choose wisely!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

I have photoshop cs4 and can use it for proper photo editing (straightening horizons, photo fixes etc.) but i cannot do stuff like that. Want to post tutorials or anything (there are probably loads available online but it'd be cooler if teh Onion made one) so the rest of us can learn of your oniony ways?

I really amn't that great, I'm more of an image manipulator who knows a few tricks. If you'd like to learn anything specific, I'm sure I could put something together though. What caught your eye? I could try do a step by step of any of the above or if there's something you've seen and would like to know I can give that a shot too.

I really amn't that great, I'm more of an image manipulator who knows a few tricks. If you'd like to learn anything specific, I'm sure I could put something together though. What caught your eye? I could try do a step by step of any of the above or if there's something you've seen and would like to know I can give that a shot too.
    The circle 2 perspective transformation is pretty cool.

Ok, that's pretty easy actually. I'll just do making a circle and perspective, not the neon part or the background. Also I'm being fairly basic but I'm assuming a certain level of REALLY basic knowledge like how to make a new document, new layers and stuff.

1. So first select the "circle selection tool"
    55234.jpg

2. Create a new layer, go to the centre of your canvas, hold down shift (makes circle perfect) and alt (makes circle expand from your mouse starting point) and drag out a fairly big circle as shown
    19cb3.jpg

3. Right click on the canvas and select "stroke" (lol etc.).
    9cc86.jpg

From the menu that shows up, make it a 3 pixel (or whatever you want!) stroke and make sure centre is selected. The more pixels the bigger the circle (dur :)) You can experiment with these on your own. Click ok.
    6217b.jpg

Circle made! Press CTRL+D to deselect your circle template. You can do this multiple times if you wish, using the selection tool from the centre of your first circle to make a circle as explained above. I did this over and over with different colours to get the above sig effect. MAKE SURE THEY ARE ON SEPARATE LAYERS.
    4baa9.jpg

4. Ok so I've made three here. The reason I say separate layers is because it allows for individual adjustment as well as grouped adjustment. Now the transformation part. Hold down CTRL and click on your three layers (this is down the bottom right in the layers section. This selects them all as shown. Now press CTRL+T to begin transformation. This isn't as cool as the tv series but it is cooler than the films :P Right click inside the box and select Perspective.
    b5100.jpg

5. Now click and drag the top right corner as far as you desire.
    96c1c.jpg

6. When you're happy press enter and viola! ELO album art :D
    738b5.jpg
    You can then pick any one layer and drag the individual circles to whatever position you'd like (press V to get the drag tool). That's the beauty of keeping them on separate layers.

7. You should try messing around with all the transformation options, even on a blob from a brush paint or a photo, the effects are both powerful and amusing. I hope this helped :)

Too lazy to boot up the computer and try it now but i'm pretty sure I'll manage. :p thanks.

• Advertisement

And it only took me twice as long as the actual sig to make the tutorial! I'm off to bed, goodnight :D

Advertisement