Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D4RK ONION's photo shop

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

D4RK ONION I'd like your opinion on my new sig, I was rather bored and decided to do something!!

I used nothing that may be copyrighted (the photo is of my violin, didn't use any brushes just filters and what not on photoshop and a font I am presuming came with photoshop/my computer)

Is there anything I could improve on to make it nicer I am not fully happy with it and have a psd file so improvements can be made.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Hey M&S. It's very nice, the beauty is in the simplicity of it all. If I would change anything it might be to just make the letters slightly less opaque(sp?). Otherwise I think it's really nice, good work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Oi! Onion! Where's my Joey Santiago sig I asked you for ages ago? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Hey Onion, could I have a sig with a guy on a pogo stick, explosions, and a Space Shuttle launching please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

I'd like a sig but no idea what of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

Pygmalion wrote: »
    I'd like a sig but no idea what of.
    a giant beard with "pygmalion" on the bottom of it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭hitlersson666

Could someone please make me a sig?

So I heard it's "pokemon week" on Facebook. Personally, I've always like POnix.

829b4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭syncosised

Words do not adequately describe the hilarity that image provides.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

syncosised wrote: »
    Words do not adequately describe the hilarity that image provides.

Whose face is that?! :eek:

• Advertisement

It's clearly my face!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

You've blurred the outline of your jaw so much that you look about 4 stone heavier and thus are scarcely recognisable :p

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭syncosised

Well, he is an Onix ...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Boredom has served me well. Made myself a new sig! :cool:

The IRC has spawned two new classic images.

First we have Davidius, otherwise known as solid snake. Age hasn't stopped him being a bad ass.

ccc75.jpg

Second we have Hotaru, pretending to be a duck, as girls like to do at present. We salute you Hotaru :D

6b390.jpg

This is my first ever effort with Photoshop. Just thought I'd pimp it here :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

This is my first ever effort with Photoshop. Just thought I'd pimp it here :cool:

If you could see me now, you'd see my unimpressed face.

seriousface.jpg

Things could have been so different, had I spent more than 30 minutes on it...

Soooooooooooooooooooooo baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Soooooooooooooooooooooo baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad

If I link you to the two images I used, could you make it look somewhat passable?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

ONION says yes.

Hotaru wrote: »
    ONION says yes.

Marvellous :)

link #1

link #2

Much <3 to both of you!

Now that I see your second image I've noticed that you're rendering was awesome. You must have a steady mouse hand. :p

Marvellous :)

link #1

link #2

Much <3 to both of you!

Image 1 was your main mistake here, so complex, so much background to fill in. Not worth your hassle, or mine! Instead, I took this image, took a cut of it, blurred it, then put you over it and added in some rope. Simples!

19279.jpg

Image 1 was your main mistake here, so complex, so much background to fill in. Not worth your hassle, or mine! Instead, I took this image, took a cut of it, blurred it, then put you over it and added in some rope. Simples!

19279.jpg

That's really good. Except none of the people are looking towards the ring. :p

Why would they, Tommy is in there! :P

So, what about that new band THE PLEX? They're pretty cool!

bc047.png

(JPG version)

Oh you mean The Plex?

With such hits as:

<snip-removed due to copyright>

and

<snip>

Also, isn't Neil Peart in that band? :pac:

/forced compliments.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭OopsyDaisy

Uhm...Mr.Onion Sir, yano the way you love me? :P

...well you do :D

Would you kindly, if you're not otherwise engaged, make me a sig please? :)

I don't care what's on it, as long as it has my name, whatever comes to you :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

So, what about that new band THE PLEX? They're pretty cool!

bc047.png

(JPG version)

That is really cool, any chance of a tutorial, or a link to one? :)

Advertisement