Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D4RK ONION's photo shop

Options
124»

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Watch, as the mask of my own skill and ingenuity falls off, only to reveal a ridiculously WAY too long tutorial. This guy went through every bloody step, made a 15 minute job an hour long!

TADA!

Alternatively, you can follow these much easier and less drawn out steps if you're not a total photoshop n00b...

1. Download and install this font. discodeck.ttf is the one you want, not the other random ones.
    2. Create the gradient as he specifies and lay down an angle gradient on the page.
    3. Type each letter on a seperate layer in white and line them up as needed.
    4. To each text layer add this gradient overlay and drop this shadow. Finally click the "new style" button to make it a selectable style.
    5. Add this new style to each text layer. Then go through each layer and adjust the angle of the gradient (example) and the position (example).
    6. Finally, add a colour overlay, like so, and hey presto! An awesome logo.

Hopefully I've taken all the bollocks out and not actually made it harder!

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

Mr. Onion sir, would you mind doing me a sig utilising the clubs crest and the clubs colours (red & black) and incorporating our nickname "The Gypsies"

http://shop.bohemians.ie/images/BohemianDublin.png

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR11U2fKJfGqsygO8EJaCgPeDMPmpJAQHjeS0XiZFDuJpQvZFI&t=1&usg=__KV11u9wDaN3BNNKabphAcm0tfYg=

Much appreciated.

BOOM! That'll be €5

122880.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭OopsyDaisy

Uhm...Onion...I has request on page before? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Watch, as the mask of my own skill and ingenuity falls off, only to reveal a ridiculously WAY too long tutorial. This guy went through every bloody step, made a 15 minute job an hour long!

TADA!

Alternatively, you can follow these much easier and less drawn out steps if you're not a total photoshop n00b...

1. Download and install this font. discodeck.ttf is the one you want, not the other random ones.
    2. Create the gradient as he specifies and lay down an angle gradient on the page.
    3. Type each letter on a seperate layer in white and line them up as needed.
    4. To each text layer add this gradient overlay and drop this shadow. Finally click the "new style" button to make it a selectable style.
    5. Add this new style to each text layer. Then go through each layer and adjust the angle of the gradient (example) and the position (example).
    6. Finally, add a colour overlay, like so, and hey presto! An awesome logo.

Hopefully I've taken all the bollocks out and not actually made it harder!

Cheers, your tut was perfect!
    It's not perfect, But it show's your tutorial works :)
    1277540_80024905%20copy.jpg

• Advertisement

Is the colour overlay in it's own layer? also, Maybe make the I gradient start at the bottom. Otherwise, nice work :D

OopsyDaisy wrote: »
    Uhm...Onion...I has request on page before? :D
    Yeah, but his was slap a few things together and hey presto done! Yours is requiring thought. You'll get it eventually, unlike Bob's sig (injokelol)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Yeah, but his was slap a few things together and hey presto done! Yours is requiring thought. You'll get it eventually, unlike Bob's sig (injokelol)

I'm resigned to the fact I'm never getting that sig...;_;

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

Mr. Onion you are indeed a most talented monster!

Advertisement