Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where to buy Blu Ray movies?

• 13-12-2009 3:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Hi,

I have recently invested in a Blu Ray player and was wondering where is the best place to purchase Blu Ray movies at reasonable prices?
    I was recently caught for customs on the Heroes Box-set for €16 from Play .com so I am thinking that they will be out of the picture now.
    Thanks.

Anthony,

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Amazon.

For any e-tailer outside EU (this includes those that operate from Channel Islands, like Play, TheHut, Asda, Zavvi, etc), your purchase must not exceed €22 (otherwise, customs nabs it, as you've experienced).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

The majority of blu rays that I have bought have been from Play.com, Sendit.com. These have all been individual movies and not box sets. The price difference is crazy when compared to the shop in the street. Although recently they have been a bit more competitive. GI Joe and Inglorious Basterds selling in the 2 for 30 in HMV. It pays to shop around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

I have a rake of them for sale on adverts, at a bargain €10 each (discount for large order), most of them have never been watched (or were put on the see the quality)

http://adverts.ie/157712

For anything I haven't got, amazon.co.uk is the best place. Check retailmenot.com for the occasional discount voucher.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

iMax,

I'm happy to see one link to your adverts blu-ray sale stand provided it's the only post linking the sale on the HE forums. I do not regard this as contravening the "no selling" policy.

You could always put a line in your sig indicating the you have such an ad in Adverts (hint).

Cheers,

Ritz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Where to buy Blu Ray movies?

Wherever is cheapest

Use www.find-dvd.co.uk to compare blu ray prices and just go with the cheapest

• Advertisement
Advertisement