Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What phone to get?

• 13-12-2009 9:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 36

I have convinced 3 to give me an upgrade mid contact as my phone went for a little swim.

I'm not too sure what to get. I would like a touch screen with fairly decent features and that is not going to break the bank. I was looking at the following:confused:
    • Samsung S5600 Cara
    • Samsung F480 Tocco
    • Samsung S8000 Jet
    • LG KC910 Renoir
    • Sony Ericsson Satio
    • HTC TyTN2
    I've never had or used any of the phones above so haven't a clue about them. I know there is a lot them but if someone has any one of them I would appreciate their insight to help me make a decision.

Also if there is another phone that someone has and would recommend on the 3 network that would be great too.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭sold

If I could afford it I would upgrade to iphone. I currently have the LG KC910 Renoir and its a totally waste of money, bought it last year for 400 euros, the only good feature it has "was" the video camera.(there are better phones today) Other than that I hate the phone. (the provider 3 also did not give great service, hard to understand the accent at their call centre)

By far the best phone on mobile market in apple iphone 3GS, but way too expensive. I want to see what vodafone will offer after christmas when they release it.

I moved to 3 from Vodafone and there is no doubt vodafone is a far better provider, you are topup everywhere and they have an Irish Call centre. Also the 600 free internet texts is a great plus. The only good product that 3 has is their mobile broadband. I have to say they lead the market, also its free to use it in the UK which is a big plus. Vodafone mobile broadband is a waste of money compared to 3, however they are a better mobile phones service provider than 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭auerillo

I have convinced 3 to give me an upgrade mid contact as my phone went for a little swim.

I'm not too sure what to get. I would like a touch screen with fairly decent features and that is not going to break the bank. I was looking at the following:confused:
    • Samsung S5600 Cara
    • Samsung F480 Tocco
    • Samsung S8000 Jet
    • LG KC910 Renoir
    • Sony Ericsson Satio
    • HTC TyTN2
    I've never had or used any of the phones above so haven't a clue about them. I know there is a lot them but if someone has any one of them I would appreciate their insight to help me make a decision.

Also if there is another phone that someone has and would recommend on the 3 network that would be great too.

Thanks

how can anyone else make the decisino for you, when we don't know what features you want on a phone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

Samsung S8000 Jet

• Registered Users Posts: 36 culturedkevin

auerillo wrote: »
    how can anyone else make the decisino for you, when we don't know what features you want on a phone?

I would like a fairly good camera, wi-fi and email/calendar (for business)

Most importantly I want the phone to be user friendly have good applications and be reliable.

robbie_998 wrote: »
    Samsung S8000 Jet

Do you have this phone? Just looking up a review of it and its a bit 50 50.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭auerillo

LOL, you ask for advice, someone gives it, and you don't accept it!

Here's a hint; why not go to a mobile phone shop, talk to a salesman about all the phones, and then make a decision based on which you find the most attractive.

auerillo wrote: »
    LOL, you ask for advice, someone gives it, and you don't accept it!

Here's a hint; why not go to a mobile phone shop, talk to a salesman about all the phones, and then make a decision based on which you find the most attractive.

Didn't mean to offend. Just going by what I read. Was looking for his personal opinion of its ups and downs as all phones have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭mk6705

I have a Renoir and definitely wouldn't describe it as a waste of money, there are many more useful features than just the camera, don't rule it out. It has pretty much all the things you listed above and does them pretty well.

Adro947 wrote: »
    I have a Renoir and definitely wouldn't describe it as a waste of money, there are many more useful features than just the camera, don't rule it out. It has pretty much all the things you listed above and does them pretty well.

Thanks for that. Makes decision easier.

• Advertisement
Advertisement