Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman Arkham Sequel Announced!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

• Registered Users Posts: 43,919 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Absolutely excellent news!

Arkham Asylum is probably the only game in the last 2 years that I actually got really immersed in and addicted to.

While most other games were being put down to do some work or watch telly, Arkham Asylum was immensely playable.

Cannot wait for a sequel!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

I'd be wary of this. What made so good was it's originality and the fact no one was expecting it to be good (seeing as games of films are almost always rush to market jobbies). It'll be hard for them to live up to its success.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Hmmm hard to see how you sequelise (totally a word) such a self-contained gem like Arkham Asylum. No doubt from here on in we'll be flooded by Developers' comments about "taking it to the next level".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Are they going to alienate and piss off Ati users by getting into bed with Nvidia once again?

I did enjoy the first tho, even without AA or PhysX. They made a great game, great characters, but I've a slight feeling they'll overcook this one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

They must have read my wishlist for a sequel on the batman arkham asylum thread on xbox...It is so very much going for the *No Man's Land* feel.

original post:http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=61909313&postcount=295

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

great news, cant wait

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

Was there a sequel to the comic? I thought Arkham Asylum was a stand alone story.

Was there a sequel to the comic? I thought Arkham Asylum was a stand alone story.

the comic and the game didnt follow the same storyline much, in fact
    the elements from the comic with amedeus arkham and cravendish are not resolved in the game while in the comic they are

The game also took numerous plot elements from other comic books set in arkham asylum ]numerous nods to living hell occur throughout the game not to mention the scarecrow segments delving into the origin story and so on.

I would like it if Arkham Asylum 2 does the same again, taking elements of a number of other popular series and creating a narrative out of it...I'd like less of the x-files like conspiracy super powers subplot from the first one and more character driven elements.

Has it been confirmed that the title will be arkham asylum 2?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,474 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Seems a bit soon for a sequel to me, and would possibly prefer a fresh sequel with a two year gap or so. However, actually getting out to Gotham City is very exciting, and the engine is likely strong enough to churn out a sequel keeping all the good stuff. If they fix the bosses (a very weak element of AA) and add in a Batmobile section (while I hate unnecessary vehicle sections, the Batmobile is NEVER unnecessary) I'll be very willing to revisit ol' Gotham.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

Ah ok. I haven't read the comic (or played much of the game) but I assumed the game was following the same story.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,397 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

nope, not necessarily AA2.

www.arkhamhasmoved.com

corcaigh07 wrote: »

nope, not necessarily AA2.

www.arkhamhasmoved.com

TWO FACE!

I am very happy

2 Face is one of the base batman villians and him getting a bigger role in this is all the better.

They wont call it no man's land they'll try and tie it to arkham in some way in the title to enforce the sequel links.
    Seems a bit soon for a sequel to me, and would possibly prefer a fresh sequel with a two year gap or so.

I personnally wouldnt think its too soon, Arkham Asylum got the game mechanics and atmosphere spot on, but they didnt take it very far (when you look at the extra modes you can see how the game literally breaks down to 10 or so combat rooms and 10 stealth rooms with plot and puzzles connecting them. If the sequel sticks to the same mechanics but fleshes out the actual content bring in some new dynamics, improve on weaknessess (the bossess as someone mentioned) and keep it interesting with new plot points then its more then a worthy sequel, despite being overall the same engine and game design. Considering its probably not a ground up build then a year gap is fine by me.

imo the biggest weakness in arkham asylum was
    the last segment where it turned into a basic brawler against titans and then the joker boss which was very weak and didnt match the chaarcter at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

The Russian army has invaded Gotham in search of a rare Aztec artifact and only Batman can stop them and protect the city's historical treasures in

MODERN BATFARE 2:
    AMONG SUPERHEROES

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

From the bits crumbling off the batman logo in that trailer on arkhamhasmoved.com, and where the fence is erected now, I'm gonna hazard the guess at: Batman: Gotham Asylum...

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Batmantastic

That trailer gave me a stiffy. I'm such a huge fan of Batman, comics and films. And Arkham Asylum was such an amazing game that I really can't see Rocksteady going wrong with the sequel at all, personally I can't wait. Sure all they can do is improve on the parts that were a bit of a letdown, but those parts really didn't take away from the enjoyment of the game. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gt-pop-block-batman-arkham/60076
    Pretty handy version of the trailer, it points out a couple of things that escaped my attention, like the black cat on the fire escape...

Advertisement