Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lír Chocolates - what's going on?

Options
  • 13-12-2009 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,730 ✭✭✭

Just opened a box of Lír chocolates and beneath the red foil Lir wrapping is a box of Cocopia chocolates! :eek:

What on earth is going on? Have Lír stopped making their own chocs and are just wrapping Cocopia chocs in their packaging??

Anyone know??!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Was it definitely a box of Lir you bought?? I believe Cocopia are manufactured by/for Tesco. Lir were bought out by Zetar a Uk company, a year or two ago, so maybe there is some tie in there?
    I have noticed some new Lir products (the boxes of truffles for about €4.50 in pink, blue and orange) recently so maybe the new company is just using the Lir name to brand their existing range now??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,730 ✭✭✭sudzs

Was it definitely a box of Lir you bought?? I believe Cocopia are manufactured by/for Tesco. Lir were bought out by Zetar a Uk company, a year or two ago, so maybe there is some tie in there?
    I have noticed some new Lir products (the boxes of truffles for about €4.50 in pink, blue and orange) recently so maybe the new company is just using the Lir name to brand their existing range now??

They were a gift! And the red foil wrap on the box has the lir logo all over it! And the little menu thingy is Lir. But the chocs aren't as nice as lir ones and the plastic tray they sit in doesn't even fit the box! They are too small! It is most odd!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

Could the person who gave it to you just have swapped out the tray of the Lir choccies with a Cocopia tray and kept the Lir for themself and now just plead none the wiser? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

Brimmy wrote: »
    Could the person who gave it to you just have swapped out the tray of the Lir choccies with a Cocopia tray and kept the Lir for themself and now just plead none the wiser? :pac:

mental note ... swap cheap chocs with hex-pensive ones !!! :p

on a serious note - me thinks this could be what happened.

EDIT: Maybe they know you like your chocolate and are testing you to see if you notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Hehe. Bastards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,954 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Genius:)

Advertisement