Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Live Christmas Trees???

Options
  • 13-12-2009 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

Loking to buy this year a live (potted) christmas tree, a tiny one as the ceiling height for the room is just 7ft! I is also going to be plasce quiet close to the stove and I know the needles will be brutal so I am trying to find a living one that I will water and then plant in the garden, any help appreciated...

BB

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

Does that garden center at lough gill not have that? I think they do, not really sure though.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭blackiebest

Does that garden center at lough gill not have that? I think they do, not really sure though.

Will check and let you know, thanks, BB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

I got one in Homebase last year, faily sure they have them again this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Has it died on you yet Fozzle?

Yep, Homebase do them, I'm sure there are still some left.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

bobcar61 wrote: »
    Has it died on you yet Fozzle?

Yep, Homebase do them, I'm sure there are still some left.

(it's actually 2 years ago I bought it)

Yes but it's entirely my own fault - left it under a tree where it had no light or water for about six months. Dragged it out and it was all crunchy and brown so watered it and left it in the sun. It revived! Then after a couple of weeks I forgot about it again and it dried up and when I picked it up when we were moving the branches fell off. :o Poor tree - it tried so hard!

Hmm, probably needed food or new soil or something too in fairness.

• Advertisement
Advertisement