Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Real raiding in 3.3

Options
  • 13-12-2009 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭

There isnt any.

we 2-shot the four bosses (yes i know, but we usually just throw ourselves in to see what happens the first time) in a couple of hours and thats it.

Nothing hard, nothing new to do for another month untill blizz decide to drip feed us something more.

I'm actually a fan of gated progression but not when your gating content that is so ridiculously easy that pugs can clear all of it ON THE DAY OF RELEASE.

Pugs STILL wipe on thaddius and they can clear ICC 25?

Im sure the hard modes will be challenging but making us wait 3 months for them? Come on lads, sort it out.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Samurai

smallestviolin.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

My guild tried ICC tonight and spent two hours, couldnt down the first boss.

I had to ask Dustaz for help and advice near the end, but my guild has this mad ideal of " we learn things ourselves, its half the fun". So they dont read any forums or websites for tactics.

I have to admit its the first progression I've done with them, and it was fun, and they are stupidly smart players to figure it all out.

But we just kept whipping on first boss after the first whirlwhind.

It looks very much like our tanks are just taking too much damage, but the dps and healing looks ok.

I'm sure next week we will make some progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

lol. Say they don't read tactics, and quickly come up with exactly what's going on. Sounds like a few lies being told there ;)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

' wrote:
    [cEMAN**;63487397']lol. Say they don't read tactics, and quickly come up with exactly what's going on. Sounds like a few lies being told there ;)
    not exactly hard to see what happens in a fight tbh, and i agree, it would definetly make the fight more interesting

' wrote:
    [cEMAN**;63487397']lol. Say they don't read tactics, and quickly come up with exactly what's going on. Sounds like a few lies being told there ;)

Id welcome you to join our progression raid tbh.

There old school guys, and they take huge enjoyment out of figuring that stuff out. It does however mean we are way slower at doing stuff, and we whipe alot. But we always have a great laugh raiding and I dont mind in fairness.

It took us along time yesterday to clear the trash before first boss.

We had huge trouble with the two big sentry skeletons, who reset as we tried to pull them back into the npcs to see if they would help, so they both started walking on top of each other, so had to try take two at a time.

Then there was alot of thinking,talknig and testing about trying to split them apart.

Its always fun, always a laugh and i dont mind it, although granted things would go alot faster if they just read tactics.

Proof in point was me whispering Dustaz last night asking for some help, so i didnt have to tab out and read tactics.

Everyone does **** differently, thats how we roll :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭fatjebus

Smart guys who can't figure out how to kill a very straight forward (puggable even) first boss... :eek:

I don't get whats hard its a spank and tank that resets aggro. DPS (stop when whirlwind finishes) Commence dps, take loot.

The raids ****E, ****E ****E ****E ****E and more ****e.

It's to easy, it's blizzards way of accounting for the casual and giving nothing to the hardcore raider. (well you could argue that's what hard modes are for, but considering we won't see those till feb, you really can't)

On a side note, we wiped on anub arak on insanity try with 340k HP :(
    Our hunters had ms up 51% of the 3rd phase as they didn't know rogues stopped using wound :( so we actually did about 13% more dps on him than we need to kill him........ ****ING HUNTERS!

1 hitting the **** next week, FACT!

Our warrior normally streams anub + vent so if anyone is interested just hit me with a pm and I'll throw you his xfire, we're only raiding 25man one night at the moment and its normally on a Wednesday

Got heroic shoulders, they're the sex on Blood elf dk :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

Probably gona sound condescending to anyone who is having difficulty killing these bosses but there was pugs in 25 and 10 man on our server the day it came out who were killing all 4 bosses. its pretty much tank n spank on every boss except the air ship one. I sure hope the hard modes are actually gona be hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

-+-+-+boss+-+-+-+

thats how pugs do it :D

TheDoc wrote: »
    Id welcome you to join our progression raid tbh.

There old school guys, and they take huge enjoyment out of figuring that stuff out. It does however mean we are way slower at doing stuff, and we whipe alot. But we always have a great laugh raiding and I dont mind in fairness.

I'd love this. It was what I used to love about raiding in Vanilla. Working this stuff out for yourself.

The problem is, on my server, people just aren't patient enough to do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Guild went in blind this week afaik till ICC10, on 2 raids. Only got into a thrown together one late tonight there. Got the first boss lower and lower most attempts but after a good few try's ppl had to go :( So didnt happen.

1st group got till gunship on thurs and not sure if cleared it all tonight(2nd night). Was in grindin rep on 25 at that stage :rolleyes: Hunter won neck coulda used on rogue :p 1st trash mob.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

I enjoyed it... but it was far too easy, we wiped 3 or 4 times on the first boss and then one shotted the rest.

Actually wiped more on the trash before the first boss LOL !

I've yet to disarm a trap on the trash :rolleyes: Thought they where just Craters from dropped iciles or sumfin :p

' wrote:
    [cEMAN**;63501297']I'd love this. It was what I used to love about raiding in Vanilla. Working this stuff out for yourself.

WE very much except we arnt the strongest geared people on the server. We have big trouble getting through heroic mode toc 10. Its a combination of gear and skill, but like i said we have a big laugh and we are happy enough doing that, and figuring **** out ourselves.

Although the new instance might be very easy, I'm assuming you guys have cleared heroics, which we havnt done. Our gear is pretty much toc 10 and ulduar 10. Granted some of us have some toc25 and ulduar 25 from pugs, its not the same for everyone.

The general vibe from people who arnt a simple " ****ing hell doc your noob if you cant clear first boss" that you will struggle with ICC 10 man if you cant run through a Toc10 HC with minimal struggle, which our guild cant :)

I would also say its not as simple as tank and spank in fairness. There is alot of movement, targetting the spikes and the whirlwhind phase caused us alot of problems in trying to decide where to have people move to stand, groups or everyone run everywhere or what.

Great looking instance though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

' wrote:
    [cEMAN**;63501297']I'd love this. It was what I used to love about raiding in Vanilla. Working this stuff out for yourself.

Yeah, i sort of miss those days too.

In MC noone had any clue what boss tactics were untill conquest released their guide. It was fun trying to work it all out. Having said that, with guilds not just releasing videos of ptr kills but streaming them live, its impractical to actually go in blind these days (thats no offence to Docs guild, i kind of admire that:) )

I alos miss the days before i had atlasloot and boss drops were as suprising as christmas morning :)

If the guild you were in had already been there first, it was up to them to train you in how to do the fight. A passing on of knowledge.

That was kinda the reason why you had the guild level up system (get experience/gear, get better guild). You couldn't just read a guide and fake it.

Makes guild runs that bit more fun too, instead of just going through the motions.

theres a chick in the guild who gets a bit emotional when we kill stuff ( back in the day she seemingly had a verbal orgasm over vent when the guild knocked down Illidan) and it took us nearly an hour just to sort out the first bit of trash and the roaming sentries...and when I say it took me 15 minutes to stop laughing afterwards, the girl literally jiizzed a pound of butter.

I have to record that **** and put it here, its hilarious.

Btw, thanks for the mature conversations, and not immediatly slanting me and the guild I'm in for being noobs, not that it would bother me and I fully understand the point of it being a bit :eek: when theres so much resources around, but its just the way it goes in our guild, and at first I was a bit" woulda **** off i want epics" but after doing a few its turned into a bit of craic.

Big boardsies hugs...except for Dustaz, cause hes a grumpy old ****e...

> : P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Mate you and your guild do it your way and screw the naysayers :) ,thats the beauty of guilds you make your own rules so to speak.
    Making up your own tactics is indeed fun if expensive :)

Wow with wowwiki is like CS with an aimbot.

It's just become so commonplace that it's not considered anything but normal.

I'm not saying it's cheating, but it's more like reading the last page of a murder mystery book before you start it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

yeah and what the hell is a catmod anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Psycopat wrote: »
    yeah and what the hell is a catmod anyway?

I hope you're not looking to drag this thread off topic, it wouldn't be appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

done icc with guild monday. thrash killed us 3 times before the first boss. when at the first boss we didnt have enough dps on the spikes so wiped the first two times .

moved to second boss . wiped twice then downed . moved to third " boss " wiped twice . moved to 4th boss ran out of time had to dc after first attempt :( o well theres always the next day

i like the way its not a total dps race on boss's. im not in the best geared guild but for ones that raid 25 mans often it must of been easymode. i will enjoy doing hm's also when they come out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭bla

annoyed there is only 4 very easy bosses tbh.

We went in not knowing anything. 1 shotted the first boss. like really whats so hard about staying out of fire / whirlwind and killing spikes. lost a few melee after first whirlwind due to aggro reset but still got it.

second boss we wiped twice first time we didnt see the adds coming from the stairs lol and second time we didnt have the right balance of melee / casters on the sides. third time killed it easly

3rd boss first go tank missed the jump on the way back lol. second attempt he stayed too long and get killed 3rd go we killed it.

4th boss 1 or 2 two wipes with ranged being too close and getting too many marks going into the enrage. they spent literaly 10 minutes getting people spread out like wtf is it that hard to do /range 12 or even /range 15 and see if anyone is in range :P killed him when people were not too close.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

I cant get over how easy this new content seems. Was looking on my old guilds forums today and they listed the times it took them on their first night:

10man:

Lord Marrowgar defeated 5:03 PM
    Lady Deathwhisper defeated 5:20 PM
    Gunship Battle won 5:42 PM
    Deathbringer Saurfang defeated 6:02 PM

Then onto the 25man in the same night after a dinner break and waiting for some people to turn up.

Deathbringer Saurfang down 10.33pm

Done my first 10 man ICC tonight and we cleared.
    Once we learned the fights it was pretty easy.
    We used our own tactics and only needed to use tankspot tactics on last boss even at that we went with just two healers with our shammy switching to dps while my priest and a pala healed.

While it is on the easy-ish side its a very fun raid.

Dcully wrote: »
    We used our own tactics and only needed to use tankspot tactics on last boss even at that we went with just two healers with our shammy switching to dps while my priest and a pala healed.

For me is the big thing, because, I didnt enjoy Ulduar, and I didnt enjoy ToC

This raid, even though we couldnt get by first boss, was just fun, and it has a great sense and feeling to it....

I'm getting that same feeling I had building up to Illidan and for me its pretty special and seriously fun....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Really guys, was anyone expecting the first 4 bosses of Icecrown Citadel to be hard? Compare it to other raids this expansion. Was Spider Wing in Naxxramas hard? Or the Siege of Ulduar? No, they were walkovers. When the other sections are unlocked, I'm sure we'll be seeing something more difficult, but get some perspective on raids this expansion, I doubt the first section was intended to be hard. Complaining about the difficulty, when you've not seen the whole instance yet, is just silly.

Yeah, dont put the rogue on misdirect, ended badly each time :rolleyes: Topped damage though :D Even more so when didnt have to do that misdirect.

Was asked by other group mid fight does Wound poison work. Thinkin "middle of fight here , ill just say dunno once its over". Anyone know if wound psn lowers the healin on Saurfang :confused:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Really guys, was anyone expecting the first 4 bosses of Icecrown Citadel to be hard? Compare it to other raids this expansion. Was Spider Wing in Naxxramas hard? Or the Siege of Ulduar? No, they were walkovers. When the other sections are unlocked, I'm sure we'll be seeing something more difficult, but get some perspective on raids this expansion, I doubt the first section was intended to be hard. Complaining about the difficulty, when you've not seen the whole instance yet, is just silly.

When we first walked into naxx in lvl 78blues yeah it was challenging. But then as you geared up from heroics/raids, and world boe epic drops no it wasn't. And the fact the Naxx was just updated from lvl 60, any of the guilds that did naxx back then knew what to do again. No one expected them to be hard. But not pugable on the first night?

Yeah, dont put the rogue on misdirect, ended badly each time Topped damage though

Did you out DPS Malhavoc?
    If you did then fair balls.
    I only looked at healing, shamans are fricking pumping out massive healing nowadays.
    Then again he has better gear than i do.
    The circle of healing cooldown is really hurting my raid healing.

Back on topic, ICC has a great feeling about the place.
    Definitely my favourite raid since Kara.

• Advertisement

Did you out DPS Malhavoc?
    If you did then fair balls.
    Think was bout 3-4% more on that fight just. Think he beat me slightly for the overall raid though. Dam DK's and aoe :rolleyes:

Advertisement