Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Real raiding in 3.3

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

yeah, because overall dmg is what matters !

I absolute smash DK's on my rogue now, infact i smash every class with equal gear now !

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

RopeDrink wrote: »
    I can't understand why people don't like the idea of a NEW raid actually being challenging? Everytime Blizzard release a mediocre difficulty raid that most can clear, then they're giving themselves more reason to have to bust their back and release new content before everyone gets bored farming the same thing over and over and over again, of which has been the case since WotLK every single time.

This x100

Its all very well to give the 'casual' raiders something but this is ridiculous. We were ready for the next instance 4 hours after patch.

I cant help but think blizzard have confused 'casual raiders' with 'loot whores'. What has been great about wotlk is that it has allowed people that enjoy raiding to raid without needing to be as hardcore as before. You can do 10 man raids of the same content, There are very very short raids, there is great gear progression for the 'casual'.

But the last two instances arent for these people, theyre for the people who just want to join a raid like its a heroic dungeon and get carried through with the minimum of effort and recieve free lkoot at the end.
    I'm not asking for something 'barely possible' that only the truly dedicated hardcore raiders will ever have a remote chance of beating - I'm asking for something that makes you feel like you actually earned something by beating it via being a challenge. People will try to counter this by saying 'Ohhh, but it is a bit of a challenge / fun' but I hardly call an instance (complete or not) being farmed from day 1 any way noteworthy on a difficulty chart and since that has been the case it hasn't in the least bit piqued my interest to actually bother going there.

Again, agreed.

Were not asking for sunwell. Blizzard should look back at Black Temple. That raid was almost perfectly balanced with a difficulty curve that should be the template for all raids henceforth. It started out very easy and got steadily more challenging as you progressed through it. To top it all off it ended with the second best (imo) boss fight in game (if it had ended with Kael it would have made it the perfect raid!)

Even nax had bosses that needed a little work, ditto ulduar. I concede that were 4 bosses into it, but if the rest of it is so much harder, why didnt they release the rest of it now?

It sucks yeah, but im hoping, as are you all probably. That the HM's will have some really tough ****, thats what they're there for anyway right ? think of it like this, as soon as the last wing is opened, you'll basically have your hardcore raiding for a few months (Maybe?). Theres bound to be a few HM's as hard as yogg0,firefighter os3d(10man anyway) that will take quite alot of guilds a while to kill.

Maybe we should all join really **** guilds, then the lack of skill will = hardmode!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Magill wrote: »
    yeah, because overall dmg is what matters !

I absolute smash DK's on my rogue now, infact i smash every class with equal gear now !

We were simply having a chat about someone in our guild,nobody said overall dmg mattered.

chill pill m8

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

:rolleyes: i dunno whats goin on :P C'mon sunday and ICC 25 *i hope* :D

Advertisement