Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hibernating moth caterpillar?

• 13-12-2009 1:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,489 ✭✭✭✭

Saw something strange up in the Wicklow Mountains last week, but didn't have my camera with me so you'll just have to do with my description :D

It was a small, translucent amber coloured egg-shaped object about 1.5cm in length tangled up in a small sprig of heather by the side of the track. Looking inside I could make out what looked like a caterpillar curled up inside. The caterpillar seemed cream/ white white in colour, and wasn't that big .. he/she/it had plenty of room inside.

I'm assuming it's a hibernating moth caterpillar of some description, but what? Mothman, are you there?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Ah come on, I don't do miracles ;) but maybe someone else does.

I've no idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,489 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Mothman wrote: »
    Ah come on, I don't do miracles ;) but maybe someone else does.

I've no idea.
    That's surprising, I thought you'd have it in a shot. Maybe I've discovered an alien life form lurking in waiting in the Wicklow Mountains :eek: Wish I'd had my camera with me now.

Advertisement