Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Atlas Tyres customers, BEWARE!

Options
  • 13-12-2009 4:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

NCT coming up? Need a servicing? Don't go to ATLAS TYRES, Drumcondra, whatever you do!

As they advertise themselves as an NCT expert garage, I had a handbrake shoe fitted there in August after the NCT found my old one was completely gone. Back to the NCT I go, and what do they find? The handbrake is only half as strong as it should be. While Atlas then fixed their earlier poor job (more on that later), I had to sit the NCT again, paying €50. Despite a manager being initially sympathetic to my complaint (the handbrake was the ONLY reason I failed), and after many phonecalls and dropping in, and plenty of "oh, I'll check with the boss," and "I'll get back to you," nothing.

But they fixed the handbrake, right? Well, I failed the new NCT...because not only was the handbrake STILL too weak, but when they "fixed" it the second time, the wheel drums were effected, so now they're imbalanced.

It's a legal grey area, and I pretty much gave up trying to get compensation. But just a warning, DON'T GIVE THOSE AMATEUR COWBOYS A PENNY!
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement