Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Robbie to be homeless again?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,011 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Dub13 wrote: »
    He is a good player but do you believe the following is justified...?
    Yes, take 8 teams out of world football and tell me he wouldn't be a huge addition to all the rest including Liverpool where things mysteriously didn't work out for him.

Qualities: Scores goals, can play off the striker, leader, great penalty taker.

I don't believe for one minute that Spuds are considering selling him by the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,519 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Dub13 wrote: »
    I think thats a slight overstatement,he is good but nothing special.

I'd say Kevin Davies is good but nothing special.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

I think Crouch has gone down so much since he joined Spurs. And spurs seem to play worse any time I see them when Crouch starts.

Defoe and Keane is their best partnership, dont know why theyd want to sell him to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

noodler wrote: »
    I'd say Kevin Davies is good but nothing special.

No he really isn't. When they call someone a "traditional English" centre foward, they're not any good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭ADTR

Loan move to Celtic in January would be good for him.

I'd be suprised if Spurs sold him rather than Pavlyuchenko. Could be loads of things but their upturn in form coincided with Robbies return(and Redknapp of course).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,437 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Loan move to Blackburn Rovers would be good for him ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

With a bit of luck he fecks off to Italy or something. I for one am sick of his constant moaning on the pitch, he thinks the world is against him at times.

Good Riddance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Neil3030 wrote: »
    I'd take him at VP.

Ah now, he may be a journey man but a trip to lowly Bradford City is surely not an option, if he was to go there he should have done so 10 years ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Robbie Keane must be on about £80k a week at Spurs. The highest earner at Celtic is probably on about half that. There's no way Celtic can afford Keane.

Hardly on that much? Would have though 50K maybe.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Yes, take 8 teams out of world football and tell me he wouldn't be a huge addition to all the rest including Liverpool where things mysteriously didn't work out for him.

Benitez didn't fancy him, and the only way Keane could have been a success at Liverpool was to confound Rafa's expectations by banging in a heap of goals fast. When that didn't happen the bearded one couldn't get him out of there fast enough. Just didn't want him from day one.

Celtic I'd say.....and Samaras will get the hump and be Premiership bound once again

Hopefully for Ireland's sake he doesn't go near the SPL, at least not 'til he's a bit older and looking to wind down his career. Surely even if he did leave Spurs any midtable prem lge team would be happy to have him. Whatever his faults he is a proven goalscorer. As others have said, if the likes of Jason Roberts and Kevin Davies are good enough for the prem lge then surely Robbie Keane is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Kevin Davies is actually a quality footballer.

Regarding Keane, I highly, highly doubt he will be sold. All the evidence flies in the face of him being sold.

Redknapp rates him for one. He has said so on numerous occasions.....and not the pity compliments like he did with Pavel and Bent.

Redknapp doesn't rate Pavlyuchenko. He will be sold either in January, or the Summer. Nothing surer. With him gone, if they sold keane they would be left with Only crouch and defoe. They wouldn't be that stupid to leave themselves without cover.

Thirdly, I doubt Keane wants to leave and an uncooperative player doesn't exactly make a sale easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

Neil3030 wrote: »
    And knowing our pathalogically tight-arsed manager, MON would offer no more than £5m or a swap deal for Salifou.

Here's an outside shout though - Arsenal?
    I'd love to see him go to Arsenal! Purely to wind up the spurs fans.
    With a bit of luck he fecks off to Italy or something. I for one am sick of his constant moaning on the pitch, he thinks the world is against him at times.

Good Riddance
    Who are you? Darren Bent?
    aidan24326 wrote: »
    Benitez didn't fancy him, and the only way Keane could have been a success at Liverpool was to confound Rafa's expectations by banging in a heap of goals fast. When that didn't happen the bearded one couldn't get him out of there fast enough. Just didn't want him from day one.
    Why did he spend £20m on someone he didn't want?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Has he tried Newcastle?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭therokerroar

Quint wrote: »

Darren Bent has never made a comment like that regarding Robbie Keane, so what's your post about mate?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

I dont think he's gonna go anywhere,well definitely not in January anyway.Harry will want to get rid of Pavluychenko first over Robbie and from the talk Pavluychenko has a few suitors.

After watching the Crouch and Defoe partnership the last cpiple of weeks I would have liked to see Defoe and Keane work on Saturday but it didnt but I reckon they should be given another chance or two together.Having Defoe,Keane and Crouch is something most premier clubs would kill for and I think it can work if given the chance.

If Robbie were to go(and by no means am I his biggest fan),I reckon a club like Everton or a newly promoted Newcastle perhaps,would suit him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

baz2009 wrote: »
    How would he be without a club?
    "Up for ale" means they will sell him to another club, if they released him it'd be a different story altogether, but they can't afford that.

Last time i checked up for Ale meant up for a jar. Or maybe that was a Fruedian slip on your part.

Pav to Arsenal, although he's similar to Bendtner, 'cept I rate Pav higher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,137 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

ADTR wrote: »
    Loan move to Celtic in January would be good for him.

Good for Celtic you mean, terrible for Keane - he'd be better off at any EPL club that in the Scottish League.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Realistically Keane has a long career ahead of him. And no disrepect to Celtic but would be a bad move for him moving up there. Not enough competitive matches for him there to keep him on top of his game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Hardly on that much? Would have though 50K maybe.

Sure I saw a figure of 70k stg for him before. That was before his move to Liverpool through. Maybe he was re-signed to Spurs on lower terms.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Why did he <Benitez> spend £20m on someone he didn't want?

Possibly didn't have full control of transfers at that time. The fact he shipped Keane out so quickly tells you he was probably never his biggest fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Never said anything about Darren Bent, what I did say tough is Robbie Keane is the most annoying player in the Premier League he even moans alot on Fifa 10 :D. Oh and Darren Bent has got 10 goals this season for Sunderland compared to Keane's 6.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

Never said anything about Darren Bent, what I did say tough is Robbie Keane is the most annoying player in the Premier League he even moans alot on Fifa 10 :D. Oh and Darren Bent has got 10 goals this season for Sunderland compared to Keane's 6.
    Darren Bent has never made a comment like that regarding Robbie Keane, so what's your post about mate?
    No offence to Darren Bent, just picked a player that played alongside Keane! The way VinylJunkie put it, it sounded like he played alongside Robbie;)
    Possibly didn't have full control of transfers at that time. The fact he shipped Keane out so quickly tells you he was probably never his biggest fan.
    Does anyone really believe Liverpool would spend so much on a player without Rafa giving the ok?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Does anyone really believe Liverpool would spend so much on a player without Rafa giving the ok?

If Rafa comes out of it smelling like roses then yes they would, it's the better option to believe ;)

Advertisement