Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Fight Before Christmas 2 - Results

Options
  • 13-12-2009 2:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭

Wow, what a night.

Sean Duffy v Gary McQuaid:
    Winner Gary McQuaid by Split Decision

Grant Carroll v Tommy Martin:
    Winner Tommy Martin by Armbar 1:36 RND 1

Przemek Mucha v Gareth Large:
    Winner Gareth Large by DQ (Headshot on ground) 1:50 RND 1

Colin English v Eoghan Hennessy:
    Winner Colin English by DQ (Headshot on ground) 0:13 RND 3

Ger Gleeson v Gavin Carlin:
    Winner Gavin Carlin by Triangle choke 1:27 RND 1

Interval Entertainment = all kinds of cool :cool:

Stephen Finlan v Justin Doyle:
    Winner Stephen Finlan by Triangle Choke 1:58 RND 1

Will Heffernan v Owen O'Neil:
    Winner Will Heffernan by Kimura2:34 RND 2

John Redmond v Alan O'Loughlin:
    Winner Alan O'Loughlin by Rear Naked Choke 2:45 RND 1

Cathal Pendred v Mervyn Mulholland:
    Winner Cathal Pendred by GNP 4:02 RND 2

The Pendred/Mulholland fight was a war, it really had everything.

Im sure Barry would welcome any questions or comments that you have about the night.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Thanks for the results Tom!

Did Robbie (Sheridan) not have a fight?

Thought I seen his name on the card?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Dancor wrote: »
    Thanks for the results Tom!

Did Robbie (Sheridan) not have a fight?

Thought I seen his name on the card?

No, unfortunately there were a few pullouts and not enough time to rearrange a fight for Robbie.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭IFS.NI

Well done to all the lads competing - Good to see Gavin Carlin getting another win under his belt, hes starting to make a name for himself!

Unlucky to Merv and congrats to Cathal, would have been a fight I would have loved to see. I havent had the pleasure of meeting Cathal but Mervyn is a great young talent and always puts on a great show!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭Roper

Thanks for the results Tom. You airhorn might have sounded a bit limp but you held the stopwatch valiantly for the evening.

Oh and ha ha ha on the thread title.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Roper wrote: »
    Thanks for the results Tom. You airhorn might have sounded a bit limp but you held the stopwatch valiantly for the evening.

Oh and ha ha ha on the thread title.

lol, fixed the title

I want a viking horn next time

• Advertisement

I think it would be better to have the whole night Viking themed. Competitors arrive in the ring wearing furs in a cardboard longboat, instead of standard rows of seating we'll have massive long beer hall type tables, and you can blow the horn of Tomdor to start each bout.

I'm in the middle of writing up a full report now, and I'll post it up hopefully tonight. If anyone has any comments, suggestions or questions on the night please post them here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

any pic's of the night please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Jason Mc

I enjoyed the night. Merv gave Cathal a better fight than I thought he would. Guy has great heart. Cathal is a monster for 77kgs.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭davmol

Jason Mc wrote: »
    Cathal is a monster for 77kgs.

Agreed,he looked twice the size of his opponent,anyone any idea what weight he is in the ring?

I would guess based on conversations with him that he would climb through the ropes at around 85kgs. He's also super lean which makes cutting water easier. I thought Mervyn did well and did some damage but never really put Cathal in any trouble. I think it was a harsh lesson for him weight cutting too!

I heard some mutterings in the crowd during the fight of "how can they be the same weight" and so on. The answer is "quite easily". Mervyn as far as I know cuts very little, Cathal cuts a large amount. You could see the difference on Saturday night and it made a particular difference in the clinch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭davmol

The fun i would have scoffing 8 KGs after the weigh in.

Yea that weight cut didnt seem to affect Cathals stamina and the weight he put on after weighin in doesnt seem to be soft weight either he still looked shredded in the ring.Twas a good fight

• Registered Users Posts: 24 pharmergriffin

Any videos of the fights?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭colinlaird000

Cathal was a big lad for a MIDDLEWEIGHT, never mind what hes at now.

Advertisement