Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A long shot, but maybe somebody might be able to help me

• 13-12-2009 2:36pm
    Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi all, I am after a particular toy for one of my kids from santa, but cant get it anywhere down here in the Rep. I have managed to track it down to the Toy R Us store in Derry, however they wont send it down to me. There are only 4 of them left on the shelf there but they are holding one for me. What I am trying to find out is, would there be somebody kind enough to go in there and pick it up for me and I can pay you via paypal for the item and the postage and packaging of the item to send it on to me down South

I would be very greatful if someone could help me out

Thanks

Should have added, the toy is £24.99

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,196 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I may be in Derry next weekend although Im not 100% sure yet. If I am I dont mind getting it but maybe that may be too late for you. As I say Im not even sure if I will be or not but if anyone else can get it then that would be great.

I'll let you know around Wednesday or Thurdsay next if I will be there.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Thanks Muffler, I appreciate that, I'll keep trying and see if I can sort something in the mean time, however if I cant and you are heading in there that would be excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

I will definitely be in Derry tomorrow evening. I can collect it if you want.

Many Thanks smashey, will get in touch with them in the morning and get back on to you. Thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 iWillBeReborn

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Many Thanks smashey, will get in touch with them in the morning and get back on to you. Thanks again.

If that falls through PM me as my sister lives in Derry and owes me a few favours and I have stuff delivered to Waterford on a Daily basis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

smashey wrote: »
    I will definitely be in Derry tomorrow evening. I can collect it if you want.

If smash cant help let me know, living two minutes away from that shop might come in handy yet :)

Thanks guys, all going well smashey will be picking it up for me this evening. I believe it's the last one that toys r us have in stock too. They are holding it for me until close of business today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,196 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Thanks guys, all going well smashey will be picking it up for me this evening. I believe it's the last one that toys r us have in stock too. They are holding it for me until close of business today.
    Lets hope its nothing edible or its goodbye pressie :D

smashey was in touch with me a while back and he has picked up my item, so crisis over thankfully.

Thanks again smashey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Yeah, picked it up earlier and I'll post it tomorrow. :)

• Advertisement

Item arrived safely here in Waterford this morning. Thanks again and also a big thank you to the rest of you that offered to help me out aswell.

Just proves how good boards.ie and its members actually is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Eggandonion

Anyone any suggestions on how to get a Prehistoric Pet Screature for my 4 year old. its on the list and out of stock in Smyths / Argos

Advertisement