Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco 129.4% increase

Options
  • 13-12-2009 2:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Tesco value breakfast marmalade was 34c now 78c

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Then don't buy it.

78cent seems like a fair price to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭bigdaddyliamo

jhegarty wrote: »
    78cent seems like a fair price to me.

Says you, but think of the human cost. Do you realise that mild mannered bears in train stations will need to beg twice as long for their sticky yummy goodness???:p

Says you, but think of the human cost. Do you realise that mild mannered bears in train stations will need to beg twice as long for their sticky yummy goodness???:p

I have no sympathy, there is always marmalade anonymous.

I have no sympathy, there is always marmalade anonymous.

Ah jhegarty, you are a cold cold soul! lol :D

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Not necessarily - you're assuming that they stopped as soon as they received 34c.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 courilour

Then don't buy it.
    very interesting and clever....

To clarify:
    * tesco value orange marmalade was 78c until November, and now out of stock/discontinued
    * tesco value breakfast marmalade was 34c now 78c
    The price of discontinued item has been applied to the one available then 129% rise.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,085 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Does any other store in Ireland sell marmalade for less than 78c, just as a matter of interest?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

I'd hate to think what goes into marmalade that retails at 34c! :eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,317 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

mcaul wrote: »
    Lots of love and only the best fresh handpicked fruit just like your old grandma used to do it of course!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

mcaul wrote: »

5% marmalade, 95% Ash

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

Nody wrote: »
    Lots of love and only the best fresh handpicked fruit just like your old grandma used to do it of course!

Tesco don't do love, but if they did it would be the worst love in the world:D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

He didn't even mention the worst bit about this ruthless fleecing - the bastards put the price up OVERNIGHT :eek:

This is devastating news, Christmas is now ruined... its the .4% at the end thats the real sting

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

They should bring a scrappage scheme for your old marmalade and make it more affordable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

i have Te$co with every fibre of my being but I have to defend this. 34cent marmalade is clearly below cost, the lifting of the grocery order a few years ago paved the way for this. So they bottom out prices for a while then increase them again when they have cleared the quota they set aside at this price. Dunnes did a wow offer on 6pk club orange at 1.75, it's now gone back to 3.78 (or 4 for 10) are you going to complain about that too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

rubadub wrote: »
    This is devastating news, Christmas is now ruined... its the .4% at the end thats the real sting

Somebody think of the children! ... Don't worry to much, it's coming down by .5% VAT in 2 weeks... kinda evens it out! :P

Sure we all know the marmalade is just made up of that sticky stuff you find all over their tesco value orange juice, usually from another carton on the pallet bursting all over the place... They scrape it into a jar and slap a lid on it and a 129% markup

eww...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

.4%??

God damnit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 courilour

Not a wow offer on the marmalade, the price was applied for the full year till now.
    Same here:
    tesco tuna shunks /sunflower was 74c now 99c (+33%)
    tesco sardines /sunflower was 36c now 45c (+25%)

courilour wrote: »
    tesco tuna shunks /sunflower was 74c now 99c (+33%)

How can they possibly send a boat out , catch a tuna , bring it back , process it , can it and deliver it to the supermarket for 99cent ?

How can they possibly send a boat out , catch a tuna , bring it back , process it , can it and deliver it to the supermarket for 99cent ?

Where you guys see problems I see solutions...Have the bears work the trawlers in a Tuna for Marmalade type barter deal!

Pure genius, even if I say so myself!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

And people woner why Fungi hasn't been sighted in Dingle for a while

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,712 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Tuna catches are beginning to be restricted due to danger of effective extinction, so the price may go up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

Price of some Baby Food also went up.:mad: €2.09 to €2.20

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

Found this on another boardsies' sig..

Might explain a few changes in prices!

http://ow.ly/ukGS

Advertisement